Melbourne Storm Cheats

i think 'Storming' will be a new word for 'cheating' in the Australian language come quite soon.

This won't affect any past predictors or redemptions from Select. The cards to be redeemed have already been made, it's not like they are going to go back and make new sets for pre-2010 cards.

I honestly can not believe the moronic post's be the dimwits saying sucked in Storm and the rest... Do you actually realize this will affect the competition in a big way as a whole?? or are you just too stupid to see past your own backyard?!
While Im not a big NRL fan, I only really follow results via the News, I think this is devastating as a whole for sport in Australia let alone the NRL!! It's un heard of for clubs to be stripped of premierships and it changes the record books! While I don't believe there was any other way for it to be handled and the Storm hierarchy has so much to answer for, it's as damaging for the NRL as it is the Storm.

I strongly believe they should now have their License revoked!! They'll have sponsors, fans and players alike jumping ship as soon as they can and the club will go down the drain in a hurry!

For the NRL's sake, I hope they come out of this in decent shape and can still find a way to cash into the Melbourne market as it still has huge potential!!

i couldnt believe my ears when i heard this news today... absolutley astounding news
im not an nrl follower at all but that is gutwrenching stuff for the team (all the honest ones and ones not directly involved in this scam), the league and the whole code... very disappointing all in all

david gallop must be shattered... the public, the fans, the sponsors would all have enormous doubts re the credibility of the whole league due to this scandal and the fact that it happened not all that long ago with the canterbury bulldogs... questions will have to be asked about the entire nrl

yep, i follow the Dragons, and I can see how the Manly and the Parra fans would have been going "Yes! rename as premiers" then "oh ****, what's this gonna do to the league".

it will be interesting to see how it affects the crowd numbers, the players, the league, salary cap declarations and management, this is a massive, massive turning point in NRL history.

the wiki has already been updated too

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NRL_Premiers"]List of NRL Premiers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

very right!!!!

Gotta feel sorry for the players though..

I disagree, if ur boss is giving u extra cash each pay and u dont declare it and get busted, will people feel sorry for you? I feel sorry for the innocent parties, fans and Rugby league.

A shocking day for league, i would have to say if panthers did this i would probably be tossing all my merch in the bin right now! (probably not the bin...maybe ebay it :whistle::lol:). On a serious note, its going to be impossible for the storm to come back from this - i mean it will always hang above their heads so to speak. I just hope the NRL recovers from this, its making them look bad considering this went on for 5 years before they were caught. Honestly i had always wondered how a team could have billy slater, greg inglis, cameron smith, cooper cronk, at one point israel folau, and still have enough to pay the rest of the team. They even tried to go after willie mason when he couldnt find a club :p In a way its good storm were caught, but its also terrible considering what this will do to the image of the game!
Brplat

I'd be very surprised if every team in the NRL and AFL aren't involved of some sort of salary cap manipulation.

The only reason that Storm got found out was because the auditors checked a filing cabinet in another room than the one where the player files were kept. It could have gone unnoticed for years otherwise. Other clubs may be better at covering it up....or it's not to the scale that Melbourne was.

Look at Carlton...they got Judd a "job" at Visy whilst he's also earning a salary from Carlton....and Geelong were/are actively looking at third party options to keep Gary Ablett.

Now St Kilda's books will be closely examined as Brian Waldron also worked there....

Not saying I condone what happened, but have a look at the sums......

Hidden payments of $1.7 Million, over 5 years, including $700k this year. that means $1 million over 4 years. That is $250k per year. Lets say that was spread over 10 players, thats $25k per player.

Dunno how much the salaries of NRL players are, but $25k per playe doesn't seem very much.

But yes, it is about the principle of the issue, the deceptiveness of the organisation, the numbers of years it has occured.

Who I really feel bad for are the fans who supported the team, not knowing or caring about the $ situation, and also the players who probably would not kno wthe extent to which it was occurring.......though they should know. Well, they probably got an external payment, maybe not much so don't really think about it, but if it happens to one player, quite rightly they should suspect it would also be happening to another player on the team and so really as a player in an organisation they probably knew something was up, but then again, they could just have their agents and lawyers negotiate everything and so they were none the wiser, just following their advice.

i have been saying for ages that the storm had to be over the cap:mad:

i dont think the nrl will revoke the storms licence i think the storm has done it for them...and i see this as the beginning of the end of rugby league in Melbourne. the nrl has been helping them over the years but i dont beleive that they could now.

some of the players would have to know that the money they get is not entirely legit some simple maths would tell you that...my guesstimate for slater, inglis, smith and cronk alone would be about 1.5 mill a year then chuck in Blair, hoffman and white and thats just the team from this year.

as for the premiership from last year as an eels supporter i would not want it as we did not win it (even though we should have:whistle: )

Well, as a Storm fan, I am shattered.

Even more so because I am only a Storm fan because the Reds went bust all those years ago and since the Storm got a few Reds players (Geyer, Howe, Kearns) I decided to follow them years ago.

If this kills the Storm, so be it. To be honest, as hard as it is to say, the Storm has got what it deserves.

Let's hope the Reds get back into the NRL in 2013.

Well the storm saga just keeps getting bigger and bigger, news this morning is that VICPOL and ASIC will also be conducting investigations into the cap issue with the view to laying criminal charges against those individuals who may have committed an offence.

It was even reported that players themselves may face prosecution.

waldron is finished... he just resigned from the melbourne rebels

the ppl I feel for the most, are the young kids out there that love the storm and their players who will feel betrayed... I was listening to Melbourne sports station SEN this morning and a mother rang in telling how her 2 young fellas 7 or 8 yrs old, were tearing down their posters from their walls after hearing what happened... sad as

i have been saying for ages that the storm had to be over the cap:mad:

I agree dave, ive also been saying it for years, a single team cant hold that many top players and go after more (like when they chased willie mason) without something being wrong. Shame that all the kids who were storm fans will now be tearing down posters and redecorating their rooms (as loafic said).
Brplat

Only one word to describe this....

BARNNT. lol, yeh I agree, they should be checking Broncos & Souths.

Back
Top Bottom