Melbourne Storm Cheats

footycard

Banned User
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
footycard
Is anyone hearing this on the radio right now?
salary cap cheating, removal of melbournes last two premierships!
this is unheard of in sport, wow, this is really bad, think melbourne should just go away now, they will always have to live with this.

wouldn't happen at collingwood :lol:

Unbelievable, Why wasnt this investigated 5 years agoo when melbourne started their winning run?????

The roosters should be allowed to hand back there spoon from last year and give it to the storm.

whoa this is massive! biggest sports story of the year.

there are going to be a lot of upset melbourne storm fans (myself included)

I wonder why Brisbane were never caught out?

There was no way that they could have afforded to have paid so many State Of Origin players and Internationals back in the 90's without some backdoor handshake.

The players know they are getting dirty money so why not charge them also!

I don't know if they will survive, all year where wins don't actually count and have to shed salarys to be eligable for points next year, paying back all the prizemoney, ATO chasing money, If you are a fan would you turn up to watch those games? Would you sponser the team?

Will be bad news all round if they do as will cost the NRL heaps in TV money, not having a team in 2nd biggest city.
Although good news for Central Coast Bears.
Sad Day for Rugby League.

This is huge.

Teams get audited every season but apparently Melbourne had "off-the-book" information kept in an entirely different room at their headquarters. I'm sure Melbourne isn't the only team that has withheld info regarding seperate player payments...there would be a couple of other club bosses sweating bullets and spending the day tomorrow making sure their hiding techniques are solid.

I do have a concern over what the effect will be this season. With no chance of semifinal football, how much will their crowd figures drop? Members demanding money back? A club that already gets piggybacked financially now owes the NRL $1.6 million???

Storm got owned baddd... Is it true that they sacked someone and he "leaked" some information. People have already been "stood down" over this as well. Do you reckon sponsors will pull out?

they mentioned to have already paid over 700grand this year alone under the table ...
also i think they should'nt allow any storm players to play origin or for Australia at all ,absolute scum melbourne they had been doing it for ages and people new about it it was only a matter of time .2 words for ya melbourne
SUCK ITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

---------- Post added 22-04-2010 at 07:25 PM ----------

juddcollector i was thinking exactly the same thing about the predictors as soon as it aired this arvo (funny the first thing that come to my head footy cards)
will there be a massive drop in storm cards cause there still is a couple i need to finish a few sets haha

cheers
jono

Back
Top Bottom