2014 Select Series 2

Might seem pointless but maybe a petition sent to select and the afl might help things??
If we can show enough disgruntled collectors?

im not bothering either guys.............only buy series 2 boxes for the draft signatures and bits and pieces but cant justify the extra coin for hardly any extra value

The fact is it really isnt that hard!
People arent asking for them to reinvent the wheel.
Simple things like shorter runs with certain cards cant be that hard?
More balanced inserts. Check out some NBA stuff for ideas if you cant do things for yourself!
People have roughly the same idea what they want to see also, so its not as if they can say well we cant satisfy everyone!

I really would love to sit in on some of their meetings!

And as far as seeing this to shake them up, im a member on a number of different forums and the consensus is the same on all of them. If they genuinely wanted to see feedback they wouldnt have to search far

I was talking to slmeone today and they are sending a link to this page to select so hopefully they read and wake up to themselves.

I'd say there already watching this thread. The way I see It, and correct me
If you think I'm wrong is that we are a noisey minority and they don't really care what we think.
They know they will sell out, its all about the bottom line.
I've never really complained about Select as I truly have some amazing
cards from them in my collection.
I definitely think they have dropped the ball this year and am filthy on missing out again on medal redemption cards.

how about something like a game jersey insert. If you cant think of anything original, copy what the nba does as adz2232 suggested. Or a piece of football from a grand final, for example.......how awesome would that be. if the NFL can do gridiron pieces in their cards why shouldnt we be able to?????

Id love to see buy backs......
Take some older cards, get some players to sign them, hand number them 1 to 50. or 1 to 25..... hell 1 to 10! you would have people killing each other for them.
Or realese some sigs of players that dont have some, past 2nd tier champions or current 2nd tier champs.
Hell Kane Cornes looks set to go past 300 games and yet to have a sig would love one. Or robbie gray. Cassis was a skipper! Older guys, lade, wakelin, Hardwick, Wilson etc etc Of course im just speaking of Port guys here.
Some more limited cards.

I'd say there already watching this thread. The way I see It, and correct me
If you think I'm wrong is that we are a noisey minority and they don't really care what we think.
They know they will sell out, its all about the bottom line.
I've never really complained about Select as I truly have some amazing
cards from them in my collection.
I definitely think they have dropped the ball this year and am filthy on missing out again on medal redemption cards.

200+ replies and almost 7000 views, I think this thread is capable of gathering some real steam.

I don't think Select do themselves any favours with their lack of prescence in the card collecting community. Yes, there is a Facebook page but numerous posts go unanswered unless they are overly-positive and I can only recall one Q&A AFL-related session on their Facebook page.

I can see why the prevailing view amongst a lot of you is "hear nothing for six months.....get an ordinary series one....hear nothing for 3 months.....get an ordinary series 2.....wash, rinse, repeat".

This is why I take my hat off to poor Moe from COMC, who gets battered pillar to post yet fronts up here and answers questions helpfully and politely.

I don't think Select do themselves any favours with their lack of prescence in the card collecting community. Yes, there is a Facebook page but numerous posts go unanswered unless they are overly-positive and I can only recall one Q&A AFL-related session on their Facebook page.

I can see why the prevailing view amongst a lot of you is "hear nothing for six months.....get an ordinary series one....hear nothing for 3 months.....get an ordinary series 2.....wash, rinse, repeat".

This is why I take my hat off to poor Moe from COMC, who gets battered pillar to post yet fronts up here and answers questions helpfully and politely.

not to mention anything even slightly negative gets deleted quick smart!

lack of presence or no presence?

While people continue to buy and make the select rubbish sell out. they still make their money and will continue to produce the same shit.
The problem is u cant boycott them like u could if you collected NBA cards as they are it.

It would take a nationwide snub of this rubbish and have cases left but with wanggy and what not this wont happen anyway

Select are reading this thread and doing this....

209.gif

Not likely!

There is a reason why some people are "FORCED" to buy this series...

Back
Top Bottom