Legacy 2023

jimboner

OzCardTrader
Real Name
James
eBay User
jimmeh_james
So we have a Select live stream on Sunday. Presumably to announce the next release, presumably it's the Legacy release we've seen a leak from.

What are we expecting?

DPSs as per the image we've probably all seen. Also talk of Captain Sigs returning. AA cards, Medal Winners I'd take as a given, likewise a Legacy Parallel set.

Could be the next wave of HoF cards?

I'd love to see an insert set of 2023 players in the 1993 Select series design.

captain sigs would be sweet!

does anyone know if the DPS's will be 3 tiers like optimum?
Hope not…hurt me last year when Tigers had 5 rookies. Fortunately only 2 this year who haven’t done much to date . Then compounded with supremacy rookie release

Two levels are more than enough

Assume they wont change the DPS formula and stick with the 3 Tiers.

Captain Sigs sound like they're in, and being a "Legacy" release you would think some nod to legends past will be included.

Cripps, Gawn and Bont already have Captain Sigs so those teams will miss out on that chase card in this set. Will be interesting to see how they do the triple Sig for the Swans.

I can't see another HOF set incoming, there just isn't any elevated legends left to sign - Sheedy maybe? Thats about it, all the rest are brown bread.

What I can see returning are the Future Hall Of Fame cards, which would be super popular again.

Hopefully the release is stacked and SCC can get more than 2 boxes, we deserve it after the tripe that was fed to us recently with Gem.

Last edited:
Going off the leaked photo there was 82 cards that looked like they would be the Gold tier. I know there has been 85 in the regular gold tier in Optimum.

Personally I'd like 2 tiers for DPS a regular, and a team colour foil. Regular to 80, team foil to 40.

Hope not…hurt me last year when Tigers had 5 rookies. Fortunately only 2 this year who haven’t done much to date . Then compounded with supremacy rookie release

Two levels are more than enough
two level DPS
and a non- sigh rookie card
would be my vote, perfect amount

Captain Signatures my favourite set , but what makes people think they are returning? Have there been images ? Just had a look at this yrs Captains Cripps,Gawn and Bontempelli have had one the rest will be new. So will those 3 clubs miss out I assume so.

Last edited:
Looks to be 3 tiers of DPS. Golds numbered out of 90 though, in one of the videos of Phoenix Foster signing he shows the 01 gold and it looks to say 01/90

I’d say maybe adding a few to copper and gold to fill set out more. Or it could be 80, definitely one or the other

He said he signed 335

So maybe 190 coppers 90 golds and 40 platinums
That’s 315, that then leaves 20 or so spares in case cards are damaged

Captain Signatures my favourite set , but what makes people think they are returning? Have there been images ? Just had a look at this yrs Captains Cripps,Gawn and Bontempelli have had one the rest will be new. So will those 3 clubs miss out I assume so.
Was mentioned in the most recent Card Authority Podcast, seemed to be coming from a strong source (I think it may have even been mentioned it was from a player's manager, but I could be misremembering).

There seems to be an assumption that they won't double up on captains that were a part of the 2020 Dominance set, though I think skipping on Cripps, Bont and Gawn would be a bit silly from Select. Three big names that would add interest.

Maybe they will add those 3 teams at a later date when they have new Captains.I don’t think they do every team every time with Captains from memory. Could be wrong though. Yes they have never doubled up on Captains doubt they would start now.

Maybe they will add those 3 teams at a later date when they have new Captains.I don’t think they do every team every time with Captains from memory. Could be wrong though. Yes they have never doubled up on Captains doubt they would start now.
Dominance they were split over two releases if I recall correctly

Quite a few teams with more than one Captain, Swans have 3 . Would like them to do double and triple Captain sig. like they did in Ovation.

Tom Jonas also had a captain sig already so if there are captain sigs then that means 4 teams don’t need one.
Interested to see how Select get around this given they’ve tried to balance out the hits in recent years

Back
Top Bottom