Legacy 2023

Has anyone sold/bought/seen sold a Daicos Triple Sig? Every listing seems to be between 3-4k and I just can't see them going for that price

Afterpay payment I presume not sure limit on PayPal pay in 4 icl thats the new average high now for the popular high end cards due to this.imo

Pretty much although plenty on the secondary market and prices are
1696414323332.gif

Now as a collector condition of all cards is paramount. I always ask sellers on ebay condition before I commit to buying . Just asked a seller if item ,which was a redemption ,had no marks etc on card , they replied “Its a redemption” And lol

Yes they started at about $500 to $600 from memory on eBay gradually coming down. Last couple of yrs new box products actually went up due to a number of reasons. Interest rates definitely starting to take curb spending.

Has anyone sold/bought/seen sold a Daicos Triple Sig? Every listing seems to be between 3-4k and I just can't see them going for that price
We had one on eBay at $3500. Sold it direct for $3k privately following a message.

RGV eBay listings are setup in a way that they don’t show in “completed” when an item sells, they just show “out of stock”. As a result it’s hard for people to gauge the price and volume going through.

Make of this information what you will:

In the first 7 days of this release
- we opened and listed roughly same volume as 2022 optimum.
- sold almost double the volume we did in 2022
- revenue 1/3 more then 2022 for the same amount of cards.
- peak sales volume sustaining for a longer period of time

People can continue to preach “interest rates, financial tightening etc” but at the end of the day it doesn’t correlate with the reality of what’s taking place. The data does not lie. Someone made a good post a couple of days ago about low level feel good expenditure actually going up when there is economic tightening. That comment was spot on. Whether it’s trading cards, other hobbies or concert tickets, they all actually go up and not backwards. It’s international holidays, new car purchases etc that go down.

- AFL hobby participation rate continues to grow on a weekly basis both in terms of new participants and average expenditure. What this is means is year on year more people are spending more money on AFL cards on a holistic level. AFL cards continue to outperform most if not all sports card categories on a per capita basis on the secondary market.

The above is not based on opinion, or emotion or what I personally think. It’s based on real actual data. There will always be ebbs and flows, there will always be cards, players, sub sets that both under perform and over perform based on comparisons against historical sales data. On a broad level most performance indicators continue to show a very very healthy market for collectors, investors, speculators, flippers etc.

The box price suppression at the moment is purely based on increased supply of sealed stock on the secondary market due to many more people now selling their boxes. This is for a number of reasons including both external flippers but more importantly, collectors choosing to maximise. What we are seeing however is a lot of that money going back into the liquidity pool and being spent on singles, breaks and raffles. The key takeaway here is that the money for the most part is being reinvested in the hobby, as opposed to being taken away.

Great information Adam . When’s the next show ??What are your thoughts on the Sheezel signature cards only have 1 limited to 90 which I paid quite a bit for I keep getting out bid on the golds . I haven’t seen a limited to 40 yet though.

Last edited:
One can now say the market has started to level out and initial prices have settled.
No matter what happens for the rest of the year ( another release or not) great to know series 2 was memorable and a timely awesome release

Back
Top Bottom