2014 Select Series 2

I'll put up my hand and say that I have really enjoyed this release. Despite all the controversy leading up to the release, I think this is a really nice set to collect and the quality/design of the cards are really nice, especially the commons.

Pros - Heaps of Essendon cards to collect. Different range of players on the common cards, using the Essendon example, we've got Baguley, the Merrett brothers instead of the same players every year. Brownlow Gallery cards are nice, I actually prefer them over the Brownlow sketch cards. Brownlow Masters are really well designed as well.

Cons - Wish the inserts were of limited number, similar to the Prime Drafts last year. This might explain why the Brownlow signatures can be bought at such low prices etc.

I am interested to see what Select does for Honours 2 next year, bearing in mind we still have the likes of Gary Ablett Jnr and Dick Reynolds to possibly feature in this set.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Definently a good release but again just need to get lower numbered inserts, can guarantee that in 6 months the brownlow sigs you will be able to pick up for $150

I'll put up my hand and say that I have really enjoyed this release. Despite all the controversy leading up to the release, I think this is a really nice set to collect and the quality/design of the cards are really nice, especially the commons.

Pros - Heaps of Essendon cards to collect. Different range of players on the common cards, using the Essendon example, we've got Baguley, the Merrett brothers instead of the same players every year. Brownlow Gallery cards are nice, I actually prefer them over the Brownlow sketch cards. Brownlow Masters are really well designed as well.

Cons - Wish the inserts were of limited number, similar to the Prime Drafts last year. This might explain why the Brownlow signatures can be bought at such low prices etc.

I am interested to see what Select does for Honours 2 next year, bearing in mind we still have the likes of Gary Ablett Jnr and d*** Reynolds to possibly feature in this set.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
I agree with you, I'm happy to admit that this set has far exceeded my expectations. I of course was not very happy when the checklist came out due to the lack of Eagles inserts, however that aside, this set has plenty of positives. Design of most cards is great, especially the commons and Masters. Lots of inserts per box means fun busting. Of course, there could have been some more numbered cards and a greater variety of inserts, and the increased number of cases means you will be able to buy this series for years to come. But it's definitely been better than I initially thought.

Also just some food for thought: we know this is Honours 1 and it's almost certain next year will be Honours 2. Now I would've thought if both this years and next years series had Brownlow themes, they may as well be called Brownlow 1 and Brownlow 2. So I reckon it's not implausible next years set is based on Coleman medallists, or Norm Smith, or something. Just a feeling I have!

Since future force has come along I think the DPS is a bit pointless as most of the time just doubling up on signatures, i think all clubs have a best 1st year player award each year so I would base a signature card on that or something similar

What ever they do I just hope every club is represented as a rising star set might not have every club and some clubs multiples

I just saw someone get a Ian Stewert brownlow signature card 1 in 8 boxes on youtube but it was really weird because the card was not
acuteally Signed Is That Normal?

Ps the vids here

Back
Top Bottom