Boxing Day Test match bubbling away nicely.

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
It's been an enjoyable Test so far. I hope Pakistan can hang in there and go close to winning. It would be great for world cricket if they can snag a Test over here while the series is live.

Also, Pat Cummins is awesome to watch. What a player.

I do believe I'm back loving cricket like I did as a kid.

WL cards

Bradman rookie
Warne auto
Tendulkar rookie or auto
Gilly auto
Cummins auto
Hadlee auto - if they exist
Imran Khan
And West Indies cards from the 80's - Richards, Loyd, Garner, Holding, etc

There will be no money for anything else for the next 2 years.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the umpire's decision call. If the third umpire can't decide whether it's out or not, the benefit of the doubt should go to the batsman.

I don't mind the current set up of "umpire's call" or the traditional "benefit of the doubt to the batsman". Either is fine in my eyes.

What does irritate me is when the rule seems to be ignored in favour of the TV officials whims — in any sport, not just cricket.

I'm not sure what the general view is in Australia, but certainly the commentators on the ABC stream I had, either broadcasting at the time of the dismissal or following later, had slightly differing opinions on whether the ball caught any glove or not. However, all agreed there was not sufficient/conclusive evidence to over turn the original "not out" ruling.

I find it strange that so often the reviewing official seems to see something different, or at least more conclusive, than what the general consensus is.

I thought it was out

However they need to bring in a time limit for these decisions with the third umpire/bunkers.

Some of them have been horrendous in the amount of time it takes to make a decision. If you cant get clear vision in 30 seconds to make a decision one way or the other then go with the on field call and move the game along

I had no issue with the out decision, it just evened up the shocking decision to give Cummins out. Is anyone else finding it hard to be a part of cricket pages on Facebook due to all the sooking and complete denial from overseas fans. The English after the Ashes, then the Indians after the WC final. How about just giving credit where credit is due to a winning team and accepting you weren’t good enough for long enough. Always making excuses. The fans have turned into complete wankers.

Morning, good comments, what about David Warner, 2nd in total international runs scored, for AU, (all 3 formats), more test runs than IVA, and other greats of the game, but just gets flogged in parts of the media, and is judged not on his cricket skills, but what people think of his personality.

It's a pity the Mohammad Rizwan decision went against Pakistan. It was shaping up to be a cracker finisher on day five.
Also I think if they had a proper spin bowler, and bowled well for longer periods, also poor fielding, and obviously close catching, could have been very close, well done to them, never thought they would get close, not far from being a good team,

Morning, good comments, what about David Warner, 2nd in total international runs scored, for AU, (all 3 formats), more test runs than IVA, and other greats of the game, but just gets flogged in parts of the media, and is judged not on his cricket skills, but what people think of his personality.
Definitely a great batsman, but I think a lot of the dislike goes beyond just his personality. There's a bunch of things he has done on and off the field, which go beyond just personality, and which in my eyes at least are very "dislikable". The man can certainly score runs though, only an idiot would deny that.
Also I think if they had a proper spin bowler, and bowled well for longer periods, also poor fielding, and obviously close catching, could have been very close, well done to them, never thought they would get close, not far from being a good team,
They definitely cost themselves as well. Dropping the guy who gets 96 when he is on 20 never helps...

It's been an enjoyable Test so far. I hope Pakistan can hang in there and go close to winning. It would be great for world cricket if they can snag a Test over here while the series is live.

Also, Pat Cummins is awesome to watch. What a player.

I do believe I'm back loving cricket like I did as a kid.

WL cards

Bradman rookie
Warne auto
Tendulkar rookie or auto
Gilly auto
Cummins auto
Hadlee auto - if they exist
Imran Khan
And West Indies cards from the 80's - Richards, Loyd, Garner, Holding, etc

There will be no money for anything else for the next 2 years.
morning, 1994/95 Futera Cricket Great Memories Card Sir Richard, on ebay, a few on ebay, the one from card shop, would be good, if not for the last number, 4318,

Back
Top Bottom