2008-09 SkyBox PRECIOUS METAL GEMS RED (ONLY 2 LEFT!)

Re: 2008-09 SkyBox PRECIOUS METAL GEMS (Red/Ruby & Green/Emerald)

Thanks for that, sorry to waste your time but what sort of average are you paying for the Reds & Greens.
Almost got me keen on collecting them as well!!!!

Cheers.

You've killed the Red's Stevo only one big name player left to get!
Good luck with landing the Jordan green too.. I hope you can because the Green set would look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick completed.
Are you going for the regular metal universe aswell? Or just the Red and Green's?
Good luck with the sets Steve.

Thanks for that, sorry to waste your time but what sort of average are you paying for the Reds & Greens.
Almost got me keen on collecting them as well!!!!

Cheers.

:lol: :lol: no problems mate, anytime ;). some people think im trying to "hog" these cards, but man you'd be surprised how many people ive encouraged to pickup a few cards from the set & even directed to where some are. i will only ever bid/buy cards i need aswell man, so if something comes up on ebay i need (& you also wanna have a crack), man how can i stop you :lol: :lol:? it'll be whoever wants it more, and in saying that ... thats the case with their prices as of late. its starting to get a bit hard to try and put a price on them. the reds are SOMEWHAT more predictable, but the greens all you can do is guess :lol:. theres no "average" so to speak man on most of them. your looking at starting $40-$80usd for the lower end names (david west, gerald wallace, moon, etc.) as opposed to $100-$150++ for the veterans and star rookies. all the best man if u go for any, im sure you'll be able to get some. if u wanna a BIG head start, speak to araiee as i know he is looking to move some as stated in his earlier post, just click here & ask him what he has: http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=684

Thanks mate. Are you going to get them graded? I guess they would be a bit sensitive condition wise but a graded set would be unreal. Think i might buy one to see how they look in the hand.
I'm that excited now i'm going to have to buy one.

You've killed the Red's Stevo only one big name player left to get!
Good luck with landing the Jordan green too.. I hope you can because the Green set would look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick completed.
Are you going for the regular metal universe aswell? Or just the Red and Green's?
Good luck with the sets Steve.

was too busy writing the other post didnt see this one till aftter i posted :lol:. thnx for the awsome words KINGjack :D ;). yeh the Durantula, dont worry the postive is I know where theres like 4 of them. hopefully we can close that up sooner or later. as for the greens, ahhhhhhhh yes the greens :lol:. in the last 8-10 months theres probably been 30-40 PMG GREENS hit ebay. listen to this though, in the last 1-3 months alone about 25 of them greens have come then! meaning, only the last few months they've reallllly hit the market. before that man, one would pop up maybe once every 3 weeks, IF THAT. now its not unusual to see 2-5 listed in the ONE DAY. good news thoguh i reckon for set/player or just collectors in general wanting any.
as for the silver base. bro whats funny is i actually HAVE been puttig this set together too on the quiet. i only need about 15 left. i figured a few months ago the silver would be a nice trio to the pmg chase, SILVER - RED - GREEN (as opposed just to red and green to each player). have the FULL Metal Universe Set. so yeh all togther mate, im not looking to finish the FULL Set anytime soon. im in no hurry either, i like to think of myself as a patient person :lol: :lol: (and i know more than likely the red and silver will be complete, then it'll be just a matter of waiting for the remaining greens to pop up).
cheers jack, theres an essay for ur schooling, just check punctuation/spelling :D. :wave:

---------- Post added 21-11-2010 at 09:58 PM ----------

Thanks mate. Are you going to get them graded? I guess they would be a bit sensitive condition wise but a graded set would be unreal. Think i might buy one to see how they look in the hand.
I'm that excited now i'm going to have to buy one.

no probz mate. as for grading, nah man not going down that path. me personally arent a fan of graded cards to start with. so to send them and wait for the results of most probably being 8-9 grades, theres no point for me. theres 2 new greens on ebay, jr giddens and gerald wallace, they should go cheap so watch them if u like.

cheers for the link there hairyangryfella :thumbsup:. i actually saw it when it first got listed, and man people been bidding on it non-stop. the good thing i know is the seller card23hk (Leo) isnt gonna end it early, nor does he ever end early. he always leaves them till auctions end :cool:. so should have a really good crack at this one. :D

just updated page 1, picked up the kaman.

i have no clue about this but is 90$ a box worth it? i talked to my lcs and they called his distributor and he can get me boxes for 90$. do you know how much 1 box go on ebay?(all im seeing are the retail)

Pretty good, I paid 85 + postage to Australia for a few boxes a few months ago and as they become scarcer expect the price to rise. One sold on ebay for a US auction a month or so ago for $125usd I think it was.

Pretty good, I paid 85 + postage to Australia for a few boxes a few months ago and as they become scarcer expect the price to rise. One sold on ebay for a US auction a month or so ago for $125usd I think it was.

oh yes i remember your break. have you sold your grant hill? i guess i could give it a try. they also mentioned they have 9 boxes left. i guess this will be a good investment then. do you know how many jordans have surfaced? or set collectors building this?

oh yes i remember your break. have you sold your grant hill? i guess i could give it a try. they also mentioned they have 9 boxes left. i guess this will be a good investment then. do you know how many jordans have surfaced? or set collectors building this?

yeah sold the Grant Hill for 65usd. I think 4 MJ Greens have shown up. It's fun to chase the big ones and sell ones you don't wanna keep to set collectors.

i have no clue about this but is 90$ a box worth it? i talked to my lcs and they called his distributor and he can get me boxes for 90$. do you know how much 1 box go on ebay?(all im seeing are the retail)

thnx for the input aswell GF4L :thumbsup:, cheers bro :cool:. boombaby, yeh man $90 a box is the average i'd say right now. even $100 is the average price. there were X6 available off the beckett website like 1 month ago, $80usd each. i added them all to my cart (to buy), but when i went through checkout i wasnt allowed to continue as the seller didnt seller outside of the USA. they stayed there for another bout 4 days thn they were sold. see how u go man even if theres any spares i wouldnt mind chipping in to get 2 boxes even off you. only thing is bro, if ur banking on pulling a pmg to re-sell & make some profit, expect to NOT even pull any pmg's and/or it could be of a low-name player (if this is the case, you will be looking at selling it for $10-$30 depending on who it is). the big names is where the bigger prices are. so if u do buy any boxes, i got my fingers crossed for ya you pull some nice GREENS (or if you pull reds, rooting for them to be of star name players, MJ Kobe LeBron Durant etc). cheers

Yeah the prices have come back to earth a bit, other than the superstars. $90 isn't bad, but you're hoping to pull a green of a decent player, or a red of a superstar, to get any kind of return.

did skybox have the MJ buybacks in it, if so you could get Super lucky :lol:

i think its time for a bit of an update here :cool:. od'ing i didnt even see there was a brandon rush green that ended like 7 days ago, wouldve had a crack at it for sure. next time :cool:. was fortunate to pick up the tony parker green today atleast, happy with that. i also saw another PMG Green of MJ has just hit ebay, this ones numbered 10/10. its from the same seller that sold the last one. hope he can get a high price on it like i know he would be looking for, it'll probably just bring more interest in these cards which is always great, especially since as of late the big boom has brough out so many from hiding :cool: :cool:. theres even a few nice greens on ebay rite now besides the MJ. there was the westbrook, theres the Rose, CP3, Bosh, and a couple others. thnx guys, always apprcate and willing to reward any help :cool:. STEVE :)

did skybox have the MJ buybacks in it, if so you could get Super lucky :lol:
hey bud, nah i dont think it was Skybox with the buyback of mj. im pretty sure they were from the 2007-08 Fleer Hobby range. cheers shaun ;)

is this also available in retail boxes?
no they are NOT found in retail packs mate. i wouldnt really waste ur time or money on the Retail 08-09 Skybox boxes as they are just packed with 1 RC jersey per box i think, no Metal Universe Precious metal gems inserts in them. cheers mate

bit of an update on page 1 guys :cool:. FINALLLLLLLLLY :lol: :lol:, after missing it a few times, im stoked to announce the green OJ mayo will be coming my way :D :D. so we can now make it 38 remaining Greens to go :cool:. i reckon once it gets under 30, its gonna be really slow to find the remaining. in no hurry though ;). maybe with a few boxes being sold over the last week (today alone there were SIX boxes that sold on ebay), hopefully some greens can be pulled from what i need (& even some reds too). cheers

time foranother bump on this one ;)
chasing the remaining ones hard :woot:. so plz holla if U can help us out or lead us to one.thnx

thnx to boombaby who hooked us up with the speights he recently pulled, we can cross that off and now only need 4 more to finish the reds :D :woot:. i also have my eyes set on the red kevin durant currently on ebay, the last biggy for the reds is the durant.
ive seen numerous boxes being sold recently so i know some more reds (and possibly greens) have been pulled. hopefully they will come out of hiding soon (as i seen a new jkidd and jefferson come up today), so fingers crossed. any1 have any of the 4 reds i still need (Durant, Iguodala, Galinari, and rasheed wallace) plz lmk and would love to buy/trade it from you ;)

Back
Top Bottom