08 Supreme Case Share - PPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirm a few days before release date how many boxes are going to be purchased, as i am buying a case i might be out of it, but if you are a box or 2 short, i could include my name in the share, just for the sake of buying a complete case.

It really doesn't bother me too much... Its just pretty poor form for so many people to put there name down here for a box and then go elsewhere... Think of it from my side.... Whats the point of me going to all that effort to help you guys out when i get stuffed around and get nothing for it???:rolleyes:

No offence intended here Ruckers but I will answer a few points because you have replied directly to my post.

"Poor Form" ??? How ??? I sent you a PM or two and posted a question on this thread but I got no response, so I went elsewhere........people like to be informed so all I will say is Communication is the key.
"Getting stuffed around" ??? How ??? Nothing had been released, No names were definite and no costs had been given so you hadn't actually done anything except post here.....you yourself admitted you had been away for two weeks so it's not like you have spent much time on this Case Share (So far).
"Nothing for it" Well the rules of organising a Case Share state you ARE NOT to profit from it - Simple! You overtook the Case Share thread knowing this so why complain now?
Once again, I am not tring to offend you I think you are a good bloke and have no dramas with you so I hope we are all good.
Regards

Plenty of cards to collect, going after just a 50 card tribute, would mean you'd have to get close to a case, as they are 1 per every 6 packs.

Hey ruckers, just saw this thread and noticed people pulling out. I might be in for a box or 2 when we know a cost price for each box. Good work trying to organise it, it really is a lot of work.

Guys either posts about being in or out of this group buy and questions related to that. None of this button pushing or goating or your posts will simply be deleted and the thread culled.

I know from experiance running group buys is hard work and Ruckers doesn't need bickering in his thread making it harder.

Ruckers, looks like the best option mate would be to set up a new thread when prices are known, and simply first to commit get the spots. If I, and anyone else on the so caled "committed" list miss out because of this, i'm sure we'll get over it.

Once again. Get on with your thread about the actual boxes and less about the *****ing and baiting. How many more times do I need to say that?

The football area is going to be zero tolerance for a while now by Admin. We are sick of some of the problems we are getting in this part of site and it is getting on our nerves.

As you can see posts will just disapear so if you want to want to continue its a waste of time or you wont take part in our usually friendly community.

That clear enough people?

Just a point relating to prices. Already going up on ebay as a presell. A sealed case is going here for $1800 (Plus $15 postage, 12 boxes obviously.....).
2008 SELECT SERIES 2 CLASSIC SEALED CASE 12 BOXES - eBay Singles, Trading Cards, AFL, Australian Rules, Sport. (end time 12-Jul-08 11:35:29 AEST)
A single box is going for $170 (plus $10 postage)
2008 SELECT SERIES 2 CLASSIC SEALED BOX 36 PACKETS - eBay Singles, Trading Cards, AFL, Australian Rules, Sport. (end time 12-Jul-08 11:35:26 AEST)
Just for reference. Cheers! ^_^

Just a point relating to prices. Already going up on ebay as a presell. A sealed case is going here for $1800 (Plus $15 postage, 12 boxes obviously.....).
2008 SELECT SERIES 2 CLASSIC SEALED CASE 12 BOXES - eBay Singles, Trading Cards, AFL, Australian Rules, Sport. (end time 12-Jul-08 11:35:29 AEST)
A single box is going for $170 (plus $10 postage)
2008 SELECT SERIES 2 CLASSIC SEALED BOX 36 PACKETS - eBay Singles, Trading Cards, AFL, Australian Rules, Sport. (end time 12-Jul-08 11:35:26 AEST)
Just for reference. Cheers! ^_^

$1800.00 a case isn't too bad but $170.00 a box IMHO is too much, people often try and profit on "The Hype", which is what I think is happening there.

The packs are $4.95 a pack so to buy the packs separate it would only cost you $178.20......usually a Box price is 10% cheaper than that which is $160.38 and a Pre-Box price is usually another $5.00 cheaper again so lets say $155.00.
That is just my thoughts on the price matter but I am getting fixed price for a case on Monday so i guess I'll see how far I was off then :D
Thanks for the links though :thumbsup:

If James (kuzjuxcan) is happy with me sort of taking over the thread.... Would people like to PM James or I with how many boxes you may be interested in? Of course its way too early for exact numbers, but the way we're going we may need a couple of cases :D....

PM me or James with your interest... I will try and keep this updated... these are from this thread so far...

BOXES

Clegs 1-2 Boxes
Patterz123 1 Box
DarthAnnihl8or 1-2 Boxes
Stormernumber1 2-3 Boxes
Pruey91 1 Box
Kuzjuxcan 4 Boxes
Alistair 1-2 Boxes
Ruckers 1 Box
_Rob_ 1 Box
adz2332 1 Box
Jestero12 2-3 Boxes

TOTAL 16-21 Boxes

Please take me off the list Ruckers, i waited and got no reply to my posts so i eventually sourced my box of an ebay seller. i also dont like the fact that the case cards may be given to the organiser as although i know it is not easy to organise i am sure i read somewhere that the organiser is not to make a loss or profit. the case cards are worth about $40 so two of them could see you making $80 which is not supposed to happen. i am only new here and don't wish to upset anyone but peoples opinions were asked on this subject so this is min.

Please take me off the list Ruckers, i waited and got no reply to my posts so i eventually sourced my box of an ebay seller. i also dont like the fact that the case cards may be given to the organiser as although i know it is not easy to organise i am sure i read somewhere that the organiser is not to make a loss or profit. the case cards are worth about $40 so two of them could see you making $80 which is not supposed to happen. i am only new here and don't wish to upset anyone but peoples opinions were asked on this subject so this is min.

Well rob... A $40 card for 2-43 hours work is not really profit... good luck with your ebay box... remember this was form a full case... chance at a case signature... buying a box off ebaygives you pretty much no chance of a case signature...

As for no response... What response did you want other than me putting your name on the list? The first details of the series were released less than 2 days ago?!?!?

Well rob... A $40 card for 2-43 hours work is not really profit... good luck with your ebay box... remember this was form a full case... chance at a case signature... buying a box off ebaygives you pretty much no chance of a case signature...

As for no response... What response did you want other than me putting your name on the list? The first details of the series were released less than 2 days ago?!?!?

actually he has no chance of getting a case card, not pretty much no chance.

but if the case card is valued at $40, would you be prepared to let someone have it for $40 then? I would give you $40 for it if it is Archer.

I don't think that would happen as i'm pretty sure the case cards are..
Brad Johnson, Wayne Schimmelbusch, Don Scott
but I have beenwrong before, like my ablett/matthews error card :)

Think the best approach would be to scrap this thread and start again. It was started as a pure expression of interest and if people want a serious case share then maybe a thread should be started by someone willing to put their hand up to organise one following the forums rules.

I've already pre-ordered a few boxes, but just for anyones information who may wish to organise a case share, cases are selling for $1795 at Cardtastic in Ormond, Melbourne, which works out to roughly $150 a box, so $160 a box delivered is clearly doable by anyone.

Not trying to be rude Ruckers, but much of the support that was expressed was due to the fact you said you could obtain the boxes at wholesale prices, and as sellers seem to be able to indicate retail prices, I would have thought wholesale prices would have been fairly well known by now. It's a bit offensive to ask people to commit to what were purely expressions of interest and ask them to allow you to keep the case card for your hard work without anyone able to verify whether you're already profiting on the boxes.

yeah, good point there glegs, this thread could be used for silly questions and comments and a real thread on case share should be started, starting with the exact details in the first post, that way if your in, you post yay, otherwise leave the thread be, clean & simple, no complaints just move on.

If I may add a bit about prices ect, not really fussed but..
yeah wholesale is a different thing all together and i'd imagine $140 a box is about what wholesale is maximum, otherwise why would dealers sell cases on ebay for $1800 with fees ect if there is no profit? then in that case there must be an incentive to bulk buy.

Personally I believe that dealers within a hobby forum should be just like everyone else and act like a collector, so if you offer to buy cases at wholesale for fellow members then that's it, mates doing things for mates, this forum or any other should not be your target area for doing business, there's eBay and your own website for that stuff.

as far as the case cards go, I think the purchaser should get them, after all, we don't have access to wholesale so we would never have that opportunity anyway and as this thread has already shown, it's been a bit of a ball breaker to say the least for ruckers, if it was me I reckon I would just forget it and mind my own business, so I don't consider keeping case cards an advantage so long as the prices are at real wholesale and any freebies like promo cards are shared then fair enough, there is such a thing as an invoice.

pre buying boxes off eBay is just feeding the vultures, in the case of afl, there is only one big ticket item (BTI) per case so that's too easy for vultures to sift through, unlike the nrl where it's mathematically possible to get two BTI's, so vultures are risking selling a box with a BTI thus making them bust entire cases.

This whole ordeal has been real interesting though, certainly have learnt a lot for future refference :) I hope ruckers doesn't just pull the pin on this and we go ahead, bust these cases and pluck some real doozies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom