Things that piss me off

View: https://youtu.be/0o_TqQXju0U

This is pising me off. If this is true and it looks that way it may explain a few things - why I have opened so much crap product in the last five years. I was drawing dead. The good stuff was already gone,lol.
The drama never end's with this hobby.
'sports card radio' once again pulling the shadyness out into the light...

When you buy cards off Ebay sellers who charge through the roof for postage, yet constantly send in a white envelope, and their idea of protection is cutting up a cereal box/slab and rolling half a roll of sticky tape over it. Every single time.
Haha. White envelopes should be banned. A padded mailer should be the standard. Card should also go between 2 pieces of light cardboard and if sending graded cards you bubble wrap them as well.

I don't have printer that does labels so that means I pay $2.2 in stamps and $0.65 for a bubble mailer. I used to pay $1.15 for the oz post mailer but managed to get cheaper ones from Office works recently. I now charge $3 for regular ( instead of $3.5) which after ebay takes their commision is about right.

I charge $7.5 for registered. That one I take a loss on as the signature on delivery costs $4.45 +$2.2 stamp+ $0.65 mailer= $7.30. Ebay then takes their 14% of the postage costs which on $7.5 is about $1 something meaning the actual postage cost to me is $8.3. A seller should not be profitting from postage. I tried doind free postage and trying to build it into the item but I'd rather disclose the postage cost. The majority of people know that the postage cost is built into the item if the shipping is free. Maybe on more expensive items it's not but cards under $100 it mostly is.

The problem with selling cheap cards $2 or less is that because ebay takes commission on the whole cost you are basically paying 50% commision on a $2 card as ebay takes commsion on $5 ( $3 of which is postage). I'm not sure most buyers realise this. It sucks getting paid $1 for a $2 card. The only people who seem to profit are OZ post and ebay. I try not to sell cards below $5 now as it's just not worth it. Turn the ignition on to go to the post office and you're actually losing money.

Rant over.

Last edited:
I am dead set certain Packman knows the codes. He has to.

It makes sense
Most likely the people who are sending him product know the code and are sending loaded boxes or he buys cases and mostly breaks the ones with the code( occasionally breaks a crap one to throw folks off the cent - but not you Iron, you're onto him, haha) and sells the others off.

This is a pretty big story if this has been going on for years across many products and all manufacturers.

I have an interesting story how I was rewarded with a few loaded boxes after being an honest John with a big ebay seller in the US in 2018. I might have to do a story time. The move backfired on the seller though as I was certain that he was searching product after this happened and I never purchased from them again. This was before I had heard of the big three distributors BO, SCC and DA.

Exactly. I retract what I said. Buying a case is going to maul you financially more often than not. Better just to buy that one box with the code.😀 That should work 9/10.

I've still got an empty box of 2019-20 Prizm. I pulled a Zion silver from it but I doubt the code would give a clue to a non numbered parallel, lol.

I'm guesing for Prizm the code would indicate the 1/1's and maybe their auto equivalents. The code for NT and Flawless on the other hand.....

Back
Top Bottom