Cost of living and trading cards

We're still on the Christmas comedown. Give it a couple of months and I reckon cards might start moving a bit again once people settle into 2024.

Not sure about anyone else, but personally I just find it somewhat overwhelming the volume of cards that flood eBay at any moment. Just way too much inventory out there.

That said, I've spent more this month than I have in ages. Couple of big PC chases appeared at the same time and who knows when they'd pop up again. :crazy:

Quite a few rare cards I've been looking for over the past 2-3 years without any luck are starting to pop up on eBay. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah i have noticed this. But i have found some if not most i was looking at were at a price that they shouldn't be at. Trying to capitalise i assume.

Just sent a bunch of stuff to dcsports87.

Hopefully buy something big that pops up in the next month.

Surprisingly Goldin and PWCC have been pretty quiet on the Exquisite front

dcsports87 has had the goods lately, my last couple purchases have been via them.

I'm overwhelmed with the amount of cards that "I must have" are appearing on eBay. I have to force myself not to search for a few days as my watch list is full already.

dcsports87 has had the goods lately, my last couple purchases have been via them.

I'm overwhelmed with the amount of cards that "I must have" are appearing on eBay. I have to force myself not to search for a few days as my watch list is full already.
I reckon i have bought 100 cards from dc.

I don't mind it - it's just super easy to use for me. Can definitely take a while to sell stuff, plus it's full of lowballers just looking for a quick flip into their own accounts. I've sold things less than 10 minutes after listing them, just to see them resisted at twice the price and sit there for months and months.

Really I just use it because my theory is that most cards aren't appealing enough for the largest buyer pool in the US to be willing to pay the cost of shipping from Aus. And if they do want to buy them, their offers are so low because the cost of shipping adds to it.

So I just send stuff that doesn't move in a few months to COMC, and let it sit for however long it takes so I don't need to worry about it. Also wait for COMC to run 'no minimum' auctions which are great for just clearing out inventory. Worst downside is the 10% cash-out fee really.

Downside is that people can't send you offers through eBay, only COMC which probably also shuts out a whole bunch of buyers.

I have set 3 accounts up with COMC and it always locks me out and I can never use the accounts again.

Shithouse place

Back
Top Bottom