old school stickers late 80s

aprec8

parra fan
Real Name
luke
eBay User
lukeysgarage
hey guys i have a few rugby league stickers i dont have a scanner so i will take some pic's and if u know anything about them what year they are from or anything fill us in please these will also be for sale
the players on the telegraph sticker sheet are john king,bob McCarthy,graham langlands,tom roudonikis there is nothing on the back of any of these stickers to suggest a brand name or year of production
any help guys:thumbsup:

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

I think the Raiders/Canberra Milk bumper sticker is from 1994.

I've seen the blue stickers on ebay recently and the listing said early 90's but I can't recall what year exactly.

thanks victor one of the stickers is number #42 so there must be a heap in the set would like to know where they come from eg buttercup or cheese packets ??
i have a heap more stickers and pins and badges from the same era just have to go and pay a visit to my old's later on !!
cheers mate

The first three are from 1992 (I think Dandy or similiar) School book cards. It was a 48 card release, I've seen near sets sell on eBay for about $30 or individually about $3-$5.

Ross

cheers ross i have just had a look on the bay cant seem to find any atm or in completed listings either mabey im looking in the wrong spot
(rugby league sticker)?

Is that Wayne Pearce in the Manchester Unity sticker? You'd need to pay me a lot of money before I would agreed to do that :lol:

i dont have a qlue what manchester unity is or was but i bet he didnt get paid at all he probably just got company benifits health insurance ect ect:lol:

i dont have a qlue what manchester unity is or was but i bet he didnt get paid at all he probably just got company benifits health insurance ect ect:lol:

I beg to differ, Junior spent a lot of time in the corporate world as a sales and marketing guru and is far to intelligent to allow the use of his IP without compensation........

Yep...Blue stickers are from Dandy.....i have a massive pile of them. Ironic that the cards feature the Magpie beating up the Tiger and the Tiger beating up the Magpie.

The set features for each team - a emblem card a caption card and a card to stick on your school books. Each team was pitted up against a particular other team in the caption cards which was usually geographically related. ie. Broncos smashing Seagulls, Seagulls smashing Broncos etc etc. (I believe Knights - Dogs were the two leftover that got stuck together despite have little to do with each other)

Dandy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom