NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear Gus Gould is on the payroll of the other 15 clubs.

The loss of Michael Gordon is the final nail in our coffin.

I swear Gus Gould is on the payroll of the other 15 clubs.

The loss of Michael Gordon is the final nail in our coffin.

Regardless of the quality of Flash (i rate him as a great player), i really dont think Penrith could afford to keep him anyway.

As per the report the other day there are 5 players (Lewis, Jennings, Grant, McKendry and Coote) taking up almost half of the salary cap with back loaded deals. If you paid Gordon what he wanted you would have to do a lot to fill the rest of team out with very little cash left.

I believe this is the reason why they are trying to shop Jennings around......if his rumoured $600K per year was off the books (even if they paid part of his salary to another team to take him) it would free up a lot of cash to try and recruit some younger players or develop younger players through the club.

They are having massive salary cap issues at the moment and they will try and fix up some of the ordinary contracts that were given prior to Cleary/Gus coming on board.

In saying this, its sad to see Flash go but im sure he did what was best for him and his family.

Cheers
Matt

Gordon confirmed 3years to the sharks

I'm sure Nathan Gardner is thrilled....

I believe this is the reason why they are trying to shop Jennings around......if his rumoured $600K per year was off the books (even if they paid part of his salary to another team to take him) it would free up a lot of cash to try and recruit some younger players or develop younger players through the club.

Cheers
Matt

Who would take him and at what price? I reckon he would be lucky to get $300k and that still leaves the Panthers picking up the ither $300k.

It's an aweful situation and one that will take years to unwind.

Ross

fisherman's friend sponsorship with sharks has ended. short term contract. sharks will be playing with no sponsored jersery's again. unless the NRL allow the extension of the fishermans friend contract

fishermans friend contract was for only for 6 games for front of jersey sponsorship they will be on the sleeve for the rest of the season

new major to be announced soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom