Australia post....

Brplat

Penrith Panthers 3-PEAT 2021/2022/2023 Premiers
Real Name
Loz
eBay User
Brplat
God Australia post I cant believe how careless they can be!!:mad: Ok I purchased a limited edition Ryan girdler signed print from eBay – numbered 92/200 and it seemed to be taking a long time to arrive, I didn’t worry as I understand sometimes people get held up etc.

However today I get the pickup slip in my mailbox, I go to collect the item and I see a half squashed postal tube :( I was hoping it wouldn’t of been damaged, but of course it was :( I paid $17 REGISTERED post, and still this happened. :mad::mad::mad:

The seller has 99.9% positive feedback on ebay, and seems to be a very reliable seller.

Here are some photos, its a nice item minus the bends :(:(:(
100_0426.jpg
100_0425.jpg
100_0424.jpg
100_0423.jpg

Brplat

100_0426.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0424.jpg

100_0423.jpg

That suks.. About 3 or so month ago took a small parcel ( cards) to the post office while the lady was processing it, she dropped it, she asked me if there was anything fragile in there i said there was trading cards, luckly i had them extremely packed actually over the top (toploaders, penny sleves, cardboard around then bubblewrap , put into a box) she then went on to say Australia Post does n't have a fragile service, wants mail goes into the bags they're thrown / tossed around, its a wonder that we actually get any mail in good order...

wow poor form australia post. beautiful item before the damage

Check with out local PO, id be lodging a claim on that one.

Dunno if you need to do it or the seller.

Just went through this issue, if damaged then the receiver is responsible for the claim..........problem is you have to surrender the item and you don't get it back.

That is terrible....I feel your pain.

Perhaps given as the damage is pretty close to the border perhaps framing it may help.

Remember the days Girds was in the Blues backline and we used to win....aahhh such sweet memories.

Cheers
Ross

that sucks, similar thing happened to a fellow that works with me and dangerskillz. he picked up a jordan rookie auto, it was packed brilliantly and when it went through the machine at the PO the case was cracked and scratched and damged the card. hhe knew what happened coz he use to work there and he was not impressed. Australia post's answer: it was only insured for $100, take it or keep the card?
he was fuming!

Sorry to hear that brplat, All items such as the cylinder you described, are put into a large metal cage to be delivered to the local depot, I have seen 1st hand the damage that can be done when several boxes of wine are dumped on top of things, even fragile, only top load things.

Dont think ozpost will offer much assistance though.

Brplt,
I feel for you. The post workers do throw items into bags etc all the time. The cylinders are pretty hard with high density cardboard. Some idiot must have stepped on it. My condolences

Australia Post = careless. They don't care what's in the mail or how it should be handled.

God Australia post I cant believe how careless they can be!!:mad: Ok I purchased a limited edition Ryan girdler signed print from eBay – numbered 92/200 and it seemed to be taking a long time to arrive, I didn’t worry as I understand sometimes people get held up etc.

However today I get the pickup slip in my mailbox, I go to collect the item and I see a half squashed postal tube :( I was hoping it wouldn’t of been damaged, but of course it was :( I paid $17 REGISTERED post, and still this happened. :mad::mad::mad:

The seller has 99.9% positive feedback on ebay, and seems to be a very reliable seller.

Here are some photos, its a nice item minus the bends :(:(:(
100_0426.jpg
100_0425.jpg
100_0424.jpg
100_0423.jpg

Brplat

its happened to me a few times too

Thanks guys, i believe it was insured for 100$ (the post office told me that). Tommorow morning i will be calling them up, and calling the seller of the ebay item as he is trying to set me up with another one. Ideal situation would be i get the money i paid for the item back, and then i buy another print for that price.
Cheers
Brplat

I used to work in a post centre and the larger packages definitely get chucked around a fair bit, especially if someone was in a bad mood. I guess for $15 an hour people aren't going to be too careful.

Usually the smaller packages that cards would be in were treated ok though.

Very poor form,this would be avoided if aus post took just a slight bit of care and had a bit of respect for other peoples goods.very disapointing.Obviously treated very badly by aus post workers yet i bet they dont want 2 take responsability.good luck with ya claim.

Just an update, i purchased another print from the seller, who gave it to me slightly cheaper than the first one (as he offered free postage this time around). however in regards to me getting my money back from australia post - no luck yet. I sent copies of extra details as they told me to do - but since then i havent heard a thing. Im going to have to contact them again about it
Cheers
Brplat

he has them listed at 99c now right, i was going to grab one until i remembered this thread.

Girds the seller was pretty great really, i think i was just unlucky. My new print looks great all framed up. Should get some photos up for a little mail day at some point lol
Cheers
Brplat

Back
Top Bottom