2014 EPL Off-season/Transfer thread

too truee, i thought ronaldo would miss him more than anything, seems like hes missing ronaldo though.

its been spent already hasn't it, preempting his departure? i mean they got lallana and lambert

and there chasing lazar markovic, origi, bony ? so im assuming they wont have any big name targets there looking for.

Yaya's Excuse: He doesn't win awards because he's black.

what a joke.
its been spent already hasn't it, preempting his departure? i mean they got lallana and lambert

and there chasing lazar markovic, origi, bony ? so im assuming they wont have any big name targets there looking for.

i think they may fall back out of the top4 this season. back in champs league which will strain them and sold the main reason they were contenders in the first place...
i think spurs proved stacks of cash dont replace special players.

Last edited:
suarez to barca. done. barca looking to reduce his ban. if anyone can do it they can...
markovic to liverpool. done. 20mill.
west ham have signed diego poyet (son of gustavo) from charlton. being hailed as the new di canio...doubtful.
and the rumours:
khedira to arsenal almost done apparantly. just haggling over wages, which i guess could turn the whole deal sour. does arsene still cap his wages?
ospina to arsenal. fabianski's replacement.
sigurdsson to palace for 8mill? offer accepted, just a matter of hammering out terms.
soldado to inter? for a fraction of what it cost to bring him to london.
reus to liverpool? would be a great signing, but on a personal level i hope he doesnt go there...i hope he stays out of england all together.
drogba back to chelsea? player/part-time coaching roll.
enner valencia to west ham? not convinced on him.
vidal, alex song & di maria to united?
michu to napoli. almost done apparantly.
lukaku to spurs for 20mill? either way, he wants out of chelsea.

With Ba gone to Turkey, I think Lukaku will stay at Chelsea.

Costa, Torres and Lukaku to rotate the centre forward role.

Also heard Khedira is on Chelsea's radar with a deal with Arsenal far from done.

looks as tho the khedira links to arsenal and chelsea were just rumours. apparantly no-ones come looking for him.
kroos set to be a madrid player. TBA tomorrow...

Khedira 200k a week is the joke who does he think he is?

seems a bit rich for arsenal, but considering what some other epl players are on i think its a pretty fair evaluation. i mean rooney is on 300k?!?

From some reports Rodgers was given $125million to spend,

Lallana $25
Lazar $20
Can $10
Lambert $4

So if true still a fair bit to spend.

From some reports Rodgers was given $125million to spend,

Lallana $25
Lazar $20
Can $10
Lambert $4

So if true still a fair bit to spend.

what currency are we talking here? pounds

and if he was given $125, which is probably true, it will be over the course of the season so dont expect it all to go into one window, maybe january they might bring in some players.

but if they do go after reus which is what i keep seeing that will be a fair chunk of the cash gone. i dont mind liverpool i hope they do get someone like reus, it would be good for the epl.

seems a bit rich for arsenal, but considering what some other epl players are on i think its a pretty fair evaluation. i mean rooney is on 300k?!?

yeah 300k for rooney is ridiculous if you ask me, i just think 200k for khedira is huge overs, i wanted him but not for that kind of cash. wish this debuchy transfer would hurry up and go through .

what currency are we talking here? pounds

and if he was given $125, which is probably true, it will be over the course of the season so dont expect it all to go into one window, maybe january they might bring in some players.

but if they do go after reus which is what i keep seeing that will be a fair chunk of the cash gone. i dont mind liverpool i hope they do get someone like reus, it would be good for the epl.

Yeah sorry meant pounds. I think another 2-3 players will be added before the season starts. Probably a LB, CB and a midfielder

Yeah sorry meant pounds. I think another 2-3 players will be added before the season starts. Probably a LB, CB and a midfielder

6 good players wont replace one amazing one (a la spurs). they shouldve splashed out for a top top talent. but thats just my amateur opinion. we'll see i guess...

yeah 300k for rooney is ridiculous if you ask me, i just think 200k for khedira is huge overs, i wanted him but not for that kind of cash. wish this debuchy transfer would hurry up and go through .

i never used to rate khedira, but the last couple of seasons hes turned into a top player. id pay as high a salary for him as i would ozil now...but i guess ozil wouldnt be on 200k either.

6 good players wont replace one amazing one (a la spurs). they shouldve splashed out for a top top talent. but thats just my amateur opinion. we'll see i guess...

Of course not. But what team is gonna sell a player that could replace Suarez? I think Liverpool are in a much better postion then Spurs were player/coach wise. I'm not expecting Liverpool to win the league but they'll be in the top 4 and have a good run in the Champions League.

big wraps on Markovic. should be a great season, I like Chelsea's chances the most. Fabregas, Costa and luis are all very good signings.

done. great signing. a little slow, but a class player...

michu to napoli. loan. done.
rio to QPR. done. 50% pay cut.
kroos to madrid. done. 25mill.
debuchy to arsenal. done...finally. 12mill.
janmaat to newcastle. done.
rodriguez to r.madrid. TBA this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom