2014 EPL Off-season/Transfer thread

I would play Fabregas above all those players mentioned. Lack of depth has always been a problem with Arsenal. Tell me how many games all those players missed last season and that explains why you don't understand.

Every season we are told there is money to spend, I'm sure Arsenal are able to fund moves for other areas included.
this. lack of depth and cesc being better than anyone in the midfield at arsenal right now. plus they knew hed be going to an english club?! why give your competition such a great player...it was crazy not to jump on the buy back option.
not sure why noodles thought it was a position they didnt need? he wouldve fit in perfectly with ozil and caz...
Spot on Sgt, we have a fellow Gooner who realises the season is long and injuries are common place, especially at Arsenal.

In the process of us avoiding Fab we have allowed our rivals to strengthen their squad a la RVP going to United, remember how that played out lol
Gee wiz. We went close last year, but yes, injuries cost us. We've gone and got ourselves a new head of fitness to sort this problem. Fully fit, we have plenty of midfield depth. Except, of course when it comes to defensive midfielders. We need a striker to either partner, replace or back up Giroud. We need a new right back. We could do with some back up defenders and a keeper. Do you two realise how football sides line up? Tell me exactly how you plan to fit another $30m attacking midfielder into our starting eleven when our squads fully fit?! Interested to know what @rishgoon thinks about this.

Spot on Sgt, we have a fellow Gooner who realises the season is long and injuries are common place, especially at Arsenal.

In the process of us avoiding Fab we have allowed our rivals to strengthen their squad a la RVP going to United, remember how that played out lol

im a hammers supporter...but i dont mind arsenal. or, i like wenger i guess is more accurate.

Gee wiz. We went close last year, but yes, injuries cost us. We've gone and got ourselves a new head of fitness to sort this problem. Fully fit, we have plenty of midfield depth. Except, of course when it comes to defensive midfielders. We need a striker to either partner, replace or back up Giroud. We need a new right back. We could do with some back up defenders and a keeper. Do you two realise how football sides line up? Tell me exactly how you plan to fit another $30m attacking midfielder into our starting eleven when our squads fully fit?! Interested to know what @rishgoon thinks about this.

play fabs in the centre, caz just behind the striker and push ozil onto one of the wings. walcott and ox can share the other wing. that leaves wilshere and ramsey, both still young and neither as good as cesc. they can cover any of the main three. buying fabs wouldnt have been about adding depth, it wouldve been about adding a player who would serioulsy increase your chances of winning the league.
yes granted, they need a striker and some more D, but spending 60-70mill in the window wouldnt exactly hurt arsenal...

Last edited:
he wouldve been good dont get me wrong he just isnt the be all and end all for us at the moment.

i think a RB (Aurier) and a Striker (Benzema), are ideally what we need. and a New CB and CDM would be nice too. Javi Martinez from bayern and Mangala from FC porto are to that come to mind who i would like to see come to the Gunners. but those last two are just wishful thinking, the first two we have actually beeen linked with and id love to see them go through

Totally agree. Spending 60-70 would be fantastic. But we all know it won't happen! We're told we had money to burn this time last year and we only scored Ozil. No significant additions in January either. If Ramsey hadn't of got hurt last year, he was on track to contend for player of the season. I think he deserves a place in the starting eleven based on that form. Who knows with Wilshire. I would have loved to have Cesc back but clearly we baulked at the asking price to buy him back. I just feel that with the need to fill other areas we were right to do so.

he wouldve been good dont get me wrong he just isnt the be all and end all for us at the moment.

i think a RB (Aurier) and a Striker (Benzema), are ideally what we need. and a New CB and CDM would be nice too. Javi Martinez from bayern and Mangala from FC porto are to that come to mind who i would like to see come to the Gunners. but those last two are just wishful thinking, the first two we have actually beeen linked with and id love to see them go through
Would love Javi Martinez on board! RB is a must, as is a real CDM. Getting sick of seeing Arteta and others fill in when they aren't really suited. Not sure we need to spend a lot on a striker after seeing Campbell in action for Costa Rica today! Wouldn't mind seeing us have a real crack at Morata instead of Benzema.

podolski should be the 2nd striker. saves a bunch of cash and hes very good up front. better than on the wings even. but he seemed to have lost some favor with arsene last season...

podolski should be the 2nd striker. saves a bunch of cash and hes very good up front. better than on the wings even. but he seemed to have lost some favor with arsene last season...
Agreed. Was definitely out of favour for some reason. Quite unfairly. Even when he got a chance to start, would never see the game out. Pretty sure I recall him spitting it a few times.

im a hammers supporter...but i dont mind arsenal. or, i like wenger i guess is more accurate.

Sorry for the confusion mate, you just make alot of sense to not sound like a Gooner :)

I've always wondered why he isn't given more chances by Arsene upfront, he really is a deadly finisher.

Would love Javi Martinez on board! RB is a must, as is a real CDM. Getting sick of seeing Arteta and others fill in when they aren't really suited. Not sure we need to spend a lot on a striker after seeing Campbell in action for Costa Rica today! Wouldn't mind seeing us have a real crack at Morata instead of Benzema.

Campbell looks real promising and I have read Vela is close to returning. Throw them in the mix with Giroud and Podolski and the strikeforce is looking dangerous.

yeah, i get thats the reason why he wasnt taken. my point was that hes better than wilshere and ramsey and having him wouldve definitely strengthened the squad. you can always make room for a world class talent...arsenal need to push this season or theyll be left behind for another decade.
youre right tho, its not really wengers way, especially since he has to spend this window...im sure theres other managers who wouldve grabbed him with an equally 'full' midfield tho. e.g when he went back to barca they had iniesta, xavi, mascherano, thiago and messi if you count him as a mid...

i consider the ramsey the best of our mids.

last season we were on top of the league while he was fit, as soon as he got injured we turned to shit. and im 100% serious, he was the sole reason we were playing so well.

kind of fitting he scored the FA Cup winner for us. definitely our player of the season.

yeah, i get thats the reason why he wasnt taken. my point was that hes better than wilshere and ramsey and having him wouldve definitely strengthened the squad. you can always make room for a world class talent...arsenal need to push this season or theyll be left behind for another decade.
youre right tho, its not really wengers way, especially since he has to spend this window...im sure theres other managers who wouldve grabbed him with an equally 'full' midfield tho. e.g when he went back to barca they had iniesta, xavi, mascherano, thiago and messi if you count him as a mid...
i consider the ramsey the best of our mids.

last season we were on top of the league while he was fit, as soon as he got injured we turned to s***. and im 100% serious, he was the sole reason we were playing so well.

kind of fitting he scored the FA Cup winner for us. definitely our player of the season.
Agree with both!

Aurier to Arsenal deal seemingly done. Balotelli deal expected to be completed once World Cup is over. Vermaelen rumour now being reported as untrue. We are trying to sign Ivanovich from Chelsea. Campbell will return to try and break into the squad for the coming season. Lots of positive things are happening this off season. Provided there aren't anymore departures, if you bring in Aurier, Balotelli, Cambell, Ivanovich and possibly a couple of others you'd have to say we will be right in the hunt this season!

Ahhhh good old Balotelli =D> this bloke is pure entertainment, I'm hoping he does come back to the EPL.

Him and Wenger will be like the odd couple, interesting and fun times ahead lol.

Ahhhh good old Balotelli =D> this bloke is pure entertainment, I'm hoping he does come back to the EPL.

Him and Wenger will be like the odd couple, interesting and fun times ahead lol.
Yes, to say I was surprised when I heard Wenger wanted him would be the understatement of the century! Entertaining no doubt, I just hope there's more of that than headaches for us Gooners!!

i would be very suprised if arsene went for him. cant find any real news on this transfer apart from typical english tabloid stuff started by 'the mirror' and regurgitated by the rest.
if the rumours are somehow true, i hope it falls through. hes too much hassle. and a little over-rated. even when hes at his best and out of trouble (which isnt often) hes not quite as good as hes hyped to be...

Back
Top Bottom