2014 EPL Off-season/Transfer thread

fabianski to swansea seems weird? whats gonna happen if vorm sticks around? why move from one club as 2nd string keeper to another much less successful club as 2nd string?
jordi gomez has joined sunderland.
lescott has been released from city & and cole released from chelsea.
i heard wenger is thinking of milner as a replacement for sagna?! not a typo...

heres a few rumours:
vorm to liverpool seems popular.
lambert to liverpool is done if you believe his wife.
apparrantly eto'o wants to join arsenal.
tom ince > inter. actually looks like it might happen.
aguero > real for 60mill. doubtful.
chicharito > villa.
lampard & rio to QPR to meet back up with 'arry. maybe rio, but either is unlikely i think.
lallana to spurs.
reus and kroos to man united. god i hope not. reus should head to the gunners. would suit him there.

fabianski to swansea seems weird? whats gonna happen if vorm sticks around? why move from one club as 2nd string keeper to another much less successful club as 2nd string?
jordi gomez has joined sunderland.
lescott has been released from city & and cole released from chelsea.
i heard wenger is thinking of milner as a replacement for sagna?! not a typo...

heres a few rumours:
vorm to liverpool seems popular.
lambert to liverpool is done if you believe his wife.
apparrantly eto'o wants to join arsenal.
tom ince > inter. actually looks like it might happen.
aguero > real for 60mill. doubtful.
chicharito > villa.
lampard & rio to QPR to meet back up with 'arry. maybe rio, but either is unlikely i think.
lallana to spurs.
reus and kroos to man united. god i hope not. reus should head to the gunners. would suit him there.

I'd imagine Vorm will be moving, surely Fabianski has been told he'll be first choice keeper.
I can't see Milner being good enough for Arsenal, would like to see Jenkinson given his chance at RB. Will need to bring someone in though. Think we'll be solid in the window, lot of money to spend again, with more than usual due to new sponsorship money. Plus, hopefully FFP stops some of the crazy money being spent around us.

I'd imagine Vorm will be moving, surely Fabianski has been told he'll be first choice keeper.
I can't see Milner being good enough for Arsenal, would like to see Jenkinson given his chance at RB. Will need to bring someone in though. Think we'll be solid in the window, lot of money to spend again, with more than usual due to new sponsorship money. Plus, hopefully FFP stops some of the crazy money being spent around us.

yeah thats what i figured. if vorm ends up at liverpool will he displace mignolet tho? cant see him playing back up.
jenkinson could do it (and better than milner), but like you said, wenger still needs cover. might aswell get someone thats proven and use jenkinson as the cover. i doubt he could make it through a season anyway...
i think you guys will spend big this window. be crazy not to. keep the momentum up before peeps jump ship again. if you dont make a proper push next season, youll be stuck in the same rut as the last decade. not that its a bad rut...
i read kallstrom is coming back for another try aswell.

Rumours are Fabregas may be coming back to the EPL.

barca president released a statement saying cesc is going nowhere. altho sometimes thats just a pre-cursor for a departure i guess...
zarate joined westham a few days ago. pretty happy with that.
lamps is actually out of contract at the minute. chelsea gets first crack at a new one tho.
lambert in liverpool for a medical.

and a few rumours:
benzema to arsenal rumour seems to be gaining some momentum.
remy to gunners for 10mill is imminent apparrantly.
sagna signing for city rumour is still going strong.
liverpool bid 30mill for lallana.
zola to take over villa.

schweinsteiger to united? nooooooooo!!!
casillas to arsenal? said it last season and i still dont think he'll leave madrid...
apparantly remy has agreed to terms with arsenal. not official yet.
theyve also waived their buy-back option on cesc, so if he leaves barca it wont be to come back to the gunners.
liverpool may also have agreed to terms with emre can.
diego costa to chelsea looks like its a go. and theyve put in a 30mill bid for cesc.
glen johnson to QPR.
west ham almost had lescott, but he didnt like the contract.

sagna to city. confirmed.
ricky lambert to liverpool. done.
joe cole to aston villa. complete. for free...so frustrating.
wenger signs new 3 year deal.
cesc to chelsea. confirmed. 33mill.
fans reaction?

Bp8oyDDCMAAth-o.jpg

sagna to city. confirmed.
ricky lambert to liverpool. done.
joe cole to aston villa. complete. for free...so frustrating.
wenger signs new 3 year deal.
cesc to chelsea. confirmed. 33mill.
fans reaction?

Bp8oyDDCMAAth-o.jpg
I'm pretty comfortable with my Gunners not taking up the buy back option. Cesc is class but not sure we needed to spend 30mil on a position we probably aren't needing. Money definitely better spent elsewhere in my opinion.

I'm pretty comfortable with my Gunners not taking up the buy back option. Cesc is class but not sure we needed to spend 30mil on a position we probably aren't needing. Money definitely better spent elsewhere in my opinion.
Interesting that only 24hrs later I'm reading rumours of Cazorla wanting to move to Athletico. Maybe passing in Cesc was a bad idea...

Interesting that only 24hrs later I'm reading rumours of Cazorla wanting to move to Athletico. Maybe passing in Cesc was a bad idea...

Always a bad idea, how could you pass up on a world class player and in the process stengthen a league rival. Makes no sense.

Always a bad idea, how could you pass up on a world class player and in the process stengthen a league rival. Makes no sense.
It is when you have Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Arteta etc etc all wanting a run through midfield? No point in spending $30mil on another midfielder (unless it's a genuine defensive midfielder) when it could be spent on replacing Sagna, reinforcing the rest of the defence or acquiring a new striker. I understand why some are upset over the whole Cesc saga, but I'm not one of them. I will be however should Cazorla leave.

It is when you have Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott, Arteta etc etc all wanting a run through midfield? No point in spending $30mil on another midfielder (unless it's a genuine defensive midfielder) when it could be spent on replacing Sagna, reinforcing the rest of the defence or acquiring a new striker. I understand why some are upset over the whole Cesc saga, but I'm not one of them. I will be however should Cazorla leave.

I would play Fabregas above all those players mentioned. Lack of depth has always been a problem with Arsenal. Tell me how many games all those players missed last season and that explains why you don't understand.

Every season we are told there is money to spend, I'm sure Arsenal are able to fund moves for other areas included.

apparently were close to signing aurier which im happy about he will replace sagna. as for cesc glad we didnt buy him, id rather the big cash spent on a striker. preferably benzema but if not at least someone, half decent who can find the back of the net.

Last edited:
I would play Fabregas above all those players mentioned. Lack of depth has always been a problem with Arsenal. Tell me how many games all those players missed last season and that explains why you don't understand.

Every season we are told there is money to spend, I'm sure Arsenal are able to fund moves for other areas included.

this. lack of depth and cesc being better than anyone in the midfield at arsenal right now. plus they knew hed be going to an english club?! why give your competition such a great player...it was crazy not to jump on the buy back option.
not sure why noodles thought it was a position they didnt need? he wouldve fit in perfectly with ozil and caz...

this. lack of depth and cesc being better than anyone in the midfield at arsenal right now. plus they knew hed be going to an english club?! why give your competition such a great player...it was crazy not to jump on the buy back option.
not sure why noodles thought it was a position they didnt need? he wouldve fit in perfectly with ozil and caz...

Spot on Sgt, we have a fellow Gooner who realises the season is long and injuries are common place, especially at Arsenal.

In the process of us avoiding Fab we have allowed our rivals to strengthen their squad a la RVP going to United, remember how that played out lol

apparently were close to signing aurier which im happy about he will replace sagna. as for cesc glad we didnt buy him, id rather the big cash spent on a striker. preferably benzema but if not at least someone, half decent who cant find the back of the net.
I'm with you Aron! At least there's two of us who get it!

Back
Top Bottom