2014 EPL Off-season/Transfer thread

Yup hopefully the deal will be done any time now. Farewll to Alex Buttner too. Didn't exactly set the world on fire but also didn't get much of a chance, a shame for him.
Valencia and Evra have re-signed. Hopefully we see Pat move up to a more defensive midfield role a la Michael Carrick

Herrera has passed the medical. Would love to get Barkley from Everton. Van Gaal still keen on Robben.

where did you read that? youve jumped the gun a little i think...united's offer wasnt accepted?!
looks as tho he may have visited carrington, but just for a tour. no medical.
probably just a stall tactic from bilbao...

Last edited:
Read it on the BBC sport a day or two ago. Saw on BBC sport today that Bilbao have rejected the bid even though his buy out clause was met (apparently).

yes, but lets be honest. that confirmation only came out about an hour ago...
thats why i thought it might be a stall tactic, 'cause like you said, the buy-out clause was met, so it didnt matter if bilbao rejected the offer...
I'm just stoked the deal is done. The kid has serious talent.

lescott has joined WBA. free.
shaw to united looks almost done. pending medical. 30mill and $150k a week seems way over-priced tho...?
united's vermaelen bid rejected.
and some rumours:
debuchy to arsenal? would be a good signing.
zaha back to palace could be on the cards. same as rodwell back to everton.

also figured out why bilbao rejected the transfer from united for herrera even tho it was inevitable; once rejected the buy out clause comes into effect putting the responsibility of making the transfer happen on herrera, meaning he/united have to pay out his contract. on top of that, zaragoza get a sell on percentage from the transfer, which also now falls on united opposed to bilbao if they had accepted.
something else i learned: bilbao have a 'basque only' rule, basically meaning they only field players from the basque region. been like that for over 100 years! only a few exceptions in that time.

lescott has joined WBA. free.
shaw to united looks almost done. pending medical. 30mill and $150k a week seems way over-priced tho...?
united's vermaelen bid rejected.
and some rumours:
debuchy to arsenal? would be a good signing.
zaha back to palace could be on the cards. same as rodwell back to everton.

also figured out why bilbao rejected the transfer from united for herrera even tho it was inevitable; once rejected the buy out clause comes into effect putting the responsibility of making the transfer happen on herrera, meaning he/united have to pay out his contract. on top of that, zaragoza get a sell on percentage from the transfer, which also now falls on united opposed to bilbao if they had accepted.
something else i learned: bilbao have a 'basque only' rule, basically meaning they only field players from the basque region. been like that for over 100 years! only a few exceptions in that time.
Good work Sgt_pepper.
Yeah 30 million £ for Shaw is a bit over the top I think. But I haven't seen him play that much. He must be pretty good. I like Vermaelen , not very big but tough. If I owned Arsenal I wouldn't sell him. United still need another centre back or two. Read a little while ago that Van Gaal is after Hummels. Mangala has been mentioned too but he wants to wait until the World Cup is over before deciding his future. I'm pretty sure Van Gaal will have in the region of 200 million £ to spend.
Interesting how the Basque people have there own language.
It was only a couple of years ago that Rodwell was being tipped as the next big thing. That's not going to happen when your not playing. Hope that is true and he returns to the Toffees.

luke shaw deal completed.
lallana off to liverpool pending medical.
a.madrids offer for negredo rejected.
rio ferdinand will sign for QPR when he gets back from brazil. apparantly taking a 70% pay cut.
and more rumours:
nani considering arsenal switch? not sure why he fell out of favor at united. hes pretty quality...
modric to chelsea? cash + ramires.
united bid 30mill for vidal. LVG doesnt seem to mind overpaying for players...
adam johnson to monaco?
micah richards to west ham. doubtful, but i got my fingers crossed.

I hope United keep hold of Nani. He's been linked to Inter as well. We do have a few wingers so maybe one might go . Valencia has just signed a contract extenction so it won't be him.

I was just reading on BBC that Arsenal are set to offer 44mil for Vidal to snatch him from Utd. This is one rumour I'd be seriously happy to see come true. Exactly the type of player we've been needing for some time now. Also eyeing off Colombian Jackson Martinez and Dejan Lovren.

diego costa to chelsea. done. 30mill.
emre can to liverpool. done. 10mill.
debuchy to arsenal for 12mill. almost done apparantly. great signing, if true.
khedira to arsenal? could be the DM they need.
sterling to r.madrid? i doubt it...
suarez to barca gaining momentum. balotelli linked as replacement. 'pool change one nutter for another?

diego costa to chelsea. done. 30mill.
emre can to liverpool. done. 10mill.
debuchy to arsenal for 12mill. almost done apparantly. great signing, if true.
khedira to arsenal? could be the DM they need.
sterling to r.madrid? i doubt it...
suarez to barca gaining momentum. balotelli linked as replacement. 'pool change one nutter for another?
Think I'd personally prefer Vidal, but Khedira intrigues me. International teamateand former club teamate of Ozil's and I'm pretty sure close friend. Could be an interesting combo!

ashley cole to roma. done. free transfer.
sanchez to arsenal. done. 30mill. nice signing.
debuchy to undergo medical @ emirates later this week...apparantly.
rumours:
demba ba to everton on loan?
pogba to chelsea for 30mill. doubtful, but it will be interesting to see chelsea rebuild this year.
wesley sneijder to united? deja vu...
khedira to arsenal is still getting talked about. at 30mill tho maybe they shouldve just gone with fabs. arteta to make room.

i like khedira over fabregas, hoping that it will make ozil play better. stoked with sanchez and debuchy. we need a keeper now and a backup striker. cant see us getting benzema, but remy has been talked about which wouldnt be horrible.

i like khedira over fabregas, hoping that it will make ozil play better. stoked with sanchez and debuchy. we need a keeper now and a backup striker. cant see us getting benzema, but remy has been talked about which wouldnt be horrible.

didnt help him during the last two world cups (and euro championship). not sure what ozil's problem is tho? he seems lazy...
remy looks like its a go.

Back
Top Bottom