2014-15 NBA Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!!!!

That site is so brutal. Regular spelling errors and link to trashy trash sites and articles. I don't know how theyget away with it

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 7.22.59 pm.png

No one said he was.

But he was the "Most Valuable" to his team and in turn, the win!

Debatable. Spurs would have beat them anyway. I liked Duncan's 15 and 10.

Your argument was that Iggy could possibly be MVP, I mentioned the same about Diaw who was a MASSIVE difference maker that played above his season averages for that series, he was crazy good for the Spurs.

Iggy this series is the Diaw of that series. I'm a little surprised you think Iggy could be MVP because of his importance, yet Diaw couldn't have been. Both are role players that had a HUGE impact.

Last edited:
In fairness to Jerry West though, Lebron's minutes are helped by 2 OT games. His points are helped by the ability to shoot 3s, and he hasn't had to play with a pulled hamstring.

West went for 53 in G1 and in Game 6 he still managed 24 after doing his hammy in G5.

But the biggest reason for West winning it is because it was the 1st ever finals MVP award and were expected to win, so by game 5-6 I think most voters had made up their mind, them when they lost, they couldn't find a better player from Boston to take it.

Let's get to the bottom of this.

Adam you don't want LeBron to get it am I right?

:)

If I had to vote 3,2,1 style for finals MVP right now it would be:

3 votes: Lebron James
2 votes: Andre Iguodala
1 vote: Steph Curry

However curry certainly moved himself up after that game 5 performance, he even performed very well in Game 4 but didn't have a "moment" to stick in the viewers minds.

All that could change in tomorrow's 48 minutes of court time however.

Ha ha, quoting yourself.

I don't think I've seen anywhere that Delly is a Steph "stopper". Although America can run with a story.

Last year Kawhi won the Finals MVP and this year DPOY, yet Lebron shot 57% from the field and had ridiculous numbers, yet Kawhi is an elite defender???

Sometimes you can just do the best you can and I think Delly does that. Steph is the MVP for a reason. Not too many other guards would have been able to hold Steph down for so long.

Looking forward tomorrow, I'd love to see Delly have one more nice game:)
Quoted to avoid getting labeled for jumping off the Delly bandwagon without having ever got on :) He's played well in spurts but too much credit given for doing what any NBA player does in contesting shots and playing defense IMO

Quoted to avoid getting labeled for jumping off the Delly bandwagon without having ever got on :) He's played well in spurts but too much credit given for doing what any NBA player does in contesting shots and playing defense IMO

I'm gonna have to disagree.

Usually superstars stats go up come playoff time. Other PGs have gone down against Delly. Whilst he's no Glove. He deserves more credit than you've given him.

Debatable. Spurs would have beat them anyway. I liked Duncan's 15 and 10.

Your argument was that Iggy could possibly be MVP, I mentioned the same about Diaw who was a MASSIVE difference maker that played above his season averages for that series, he was crazy good for the Spurs.

Iggy this series is the Diaw of that series. I'm a little surprised you think Iggy could be MVP because of his importance, yet Diaw couldn't have been. Both are role players that had a HUGE impact.

Iggy has been slowing Lebron like Kawhi did, scoring 20 points, Even waited until late in the series, like Kawhi did.

You are taking one piece of what I said and running with it. If you can't see that Iggy is more deserving this year than Boris was last year then you need to stop watching ball!

Let's get to the bottom of this.

Adam you don't want LeBron to get it am I right?

:)
I wouldn't say "don't want him to" more so that I don't think you can give it to someone on the losing team.

How can you say that someone was the most valuable didn't contribute to a win?

Curry will get it IMO, with Iggy second.

This is all assuming they can finish the Cavs off of course!

Iggy has been slowing Lebron like Kawhi did, scoring 20 points, Even waited until late in the series, like Kawhi did.

You are taking one piece of what I said and running with it. If you can't see that Iggy is more deserving this year than Boris was last year then you need to stop watching ball!

Cool your jets man. You seem a bit grumpy. I took one thing you said because I disagreed with it.

Iggy has been great, but he's a role player and won't get it. Of course he's more deserving than Boris, now you're taking something I didn't even say. I said they're both role players that made a HUGE difference in the series.

I had a friend try tell me Danny Green was the MVP going in to game 7 2 years ago. Same thought process, but it wasn't gonna happen even if he had a great game 7 and the Spurs had of won.

Slowing LeBron? The only thing that slowed LeBron was his teammates missing shots. His shooting has gotten better since game 1 and 2, it's just that GS have won the last 2 so it seems they're doing a better job.

Don't forget, either of our logic doesn't decide the Finals MVP.

I wouldn't say "don't want him to" more so that I don't think you can give it to someone on the losing team.

How can you say that someone was the most valuable didn't contribute to a win?

Curry will get it IMO, with Iggy second.

This is all assuming they can finish the Cavs off of course!

Because it's the Most Valuable Player, not "The best player on the winning team". You seriously don't think it can happen?

Steph has had a couple of average games and one below average game. LeBron has had 4 great ones and 1 average one where he passed a lot and they missed due to fatigue. Sure he has a few more mins sue to OT, but he had a shocking overtime in game 1.

It's uncommon in basketball sure, but not in other sports. Probably due to the series format compared to one game final we have in our sports mostly.

Wow, Steph 1 and Iggy 2.

I think you're gonna have hurt feelings when LeBron gets it.

It would take a LeBron shocker tomorrow and a Steph 40 point game to change my mind.

Cool your jets man. You seem a bit grumpy. I took one thing you said because I disagreed with it.

Iggy has been great, but he's a role player and won't get it. Of course he's more deserving than Boris, now you're taking something I didn't even say. I said they're both role players that made a HUGE difference in the series.

I had a friend try tell me Danny Green was the MVP going in to game 7 2 years ago. Same thought process, but it wasn't gonna happen even if he had a great game 7 and the Spurs had of won.

Slowing LeBron? The only thing that slowed LeBron was his teammates missing shots. His shooting has gotten better since game 1 and 2, it's just that GS have won the last 2 so it seems they're doing a better job.

this drob doesn't get grumpy Benny, just lacks articulation at times!

All I am saying is that if GSW wins, Iggy has been more integral to getting WINS than Lebron has, because they actually win!

How can you say someone put up the most valuable performance if that performance did not contribute to a win? That's my only argument!

That aside, it would be Lebron, hands down

Because it's the Most Valuable Player, not "The best player on the winning team". You seriously don't think it can happen?

Steph has had a couple of average games and one below average game. LeBron has had 4 great ones and 1 average one where he passed a lot and they missed due to fatigue. Sure he has a few more mins sue to OT, but he had a shocking overtime in game 1.

It's uncommon in basketball sure, but not in other sports. Probably due to the series format compared to one game final we have in our sports mostly.

Wow, Steph 1 and Iggy 2.

I think you're gonna have hurt feelings when LeBron gets it.

It would take a LeBron shocker tomorrow and a Steph 40 point game to change my mind.

Let's decide this!

You take Lebron and I'll take Curry/Iggy and the winner gets a drob auto?

I want in on this! I'll take Curry in a win, one hundred percent. Not even Igoudala, straight up Curry for MVP in a win. If Cavs win, the bet is nullified. Any takers?

I already got LeBron at $5 after game 1 so I won't be taking your poor odds:)

Interesting odds on sportsbet now.

Curry/LeBron are $1.85
Iggy $11

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom