Please Mr Postmen.......

A SATURDAY MAILDAY YOU SAY?

Well yes, like I was telling Tim (Thanks for the Bracken sig :thumbsup: at least on this card you can tell he's a male cricketer :p), on Friday arvo my mrs thought I had checked the mail and vice versa, when really neither of us had! A nice little saturday bonus!

CCI05092009_00000.jpg

Got a heap of cards at the markets today - these are the 3 more notable ones, and got them for a good price :D

CCI05102009_00000.jpg

CCI05102009_00001.jpg

Thanks Postie - Big thanks to Dan for the boony and richardson :thumbsup:

Got the Clarke ones personally from Stuart, sorry about the blinding colours of the 08/09 select

Let me ask a stupid question...What's the difference between first day issue and regular run machines cards?

(Just headed to cardzone to buy a futera file as thats my main focus at the moment - futera inserts,uncuts etc, but too tide me over until I get it please let me know :) )

CCI05142009_00000.jpg

I think the only diff is that "First Day of Issue" cards are stamped "First Day of Issue" on the front of the card. Buy your "futera file" direct from cardzone. Not off their website. Postage a little cheaper.

FDI and regular issue Run Machines differ in 3 ways:
1) The FDI has the silver First Day Issue stamp in the corner of the front of the card
2) FDIs have copper/bronze writing whereas on regular issue they use gold foil
3) The back of regular issue have silver foil all over the back to silhouette the player while FDIs do not.

There were only 3500 Run Machines all up - i think FDIs are numbers 1-1000 and regular issue are 1001-3500. The Futera File does not specify.

Frontliner inserts differ only on the first 2 points i made above (there is no silhouette silver foil), and FDI Frontliners are numbered 1-1500 and regular are 1501-5000.

Brad

Got these today! Must thank Liam for making the ultimate sacrifice for a fellow collector, He broke his set! Kudos!
The 4-up is one of the best, only wish i had the real one!

scan0012.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Thanks for the info on the FDI's. It seems like the card is made out of acetate and it is under the 1000 brad like you said. Got a file coming :)

Nice Massie card Ron, hard to find a set of those cards these days... Plenty of singles always available, guess it will only add to the value of limited sets like the 03 and the 05, as they continually get broken down and sold as singles.

Nice 4 up Dan and not a problem with the Waugh mate :)

Back
Top Bottom