1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Finally hit a chrome 1st of Elly after opening 2X hobby boxes and 1X Jumbo.

Not an amazing box, though better than the last one. Probably would get 60% back if all cards were sold. Getting an insert auto in a 1 auto box is criminal imo but the checklist is 3X what it was in 2018. And I'd rather an insert auto of a decent prospect than a $5 base 1stBowman pitching auto which is what I got in my last hobby box. The Orange Cartaya is decent as he only has 1st Bowman autos( redemptions) and no 1st Bowman non-autos.

IMG_5339.JPG

Last edited:
Finally hit a chrome 1st of Elly after opening 2X hobby boxes and 1X Jumbo. Ridiculous.

Not an amazing box, though better than the last one. Probably would get 50% back if all cards were sold. Getting an insert auto in a 1 auto box is criminal imo but the checklist is 3X what it was in 2018. And I'd rather an insert auto of a decent prospect than a $5 base 1stBowman pitching auto which is what I got in my last hobby box. The Orange Cartaya is decent as he only has 1st Bowman autos( redemptions) and no 1st Bowman non-autos.

IMG_5339.JPG
Likey the Alvarezy and Mayer is a goodun!!!

It's certainly an improvement on the last box. The jumbo was average too. Watson insert auto which I couldn't sell quick enough and two $5 base 1st autos.

It's half decent for sure. Imagine hitting only one chrome delly in 2 hobbies and one HTA? His paper was in each box but his chrome must be SPish. His base autos would definitely be SP. If people realised how SP( relatively speaking of course) they might be more ok with the hefty price tag.

I'm an absolute sucker for Bowman Chrome colour - especially 2022 parallels which is a great design. I've got another box coming which I'm supposed to sit on but Elly is in there so I doubt I'll be able to refrain from opening it.

I'm an absolute sucker for Bowman Chrome colour - especially 2022 parallels which is a great design. I've got another box coming which I'm supposed to sit on but Elly is in there so I doubt I'll be able to refrain from opening it.

I have been buying up auto colour of a bloke i am going to have a bet on ;)

I'll show you when i get them.

Spent $650AU in a weekend getting:
  • Orange /25 (PSA 9)
  • Gold /50 (SGC 10/10)
  • Gold /50
  • Atomic Green /99 (PSA 9)
  • Purple /250 (PSA 9)
  • Speckle /299
  • Refractor /499

3/4 a jumbo box price and im still buying

Thanks for sharing. Nothing beats ripping and hitting a big card, the memories last a lifetime.

I remember the big hype a couple years ago with pulling a Jasson Dominguez or a Bayron Lora. These 2 are way off playing in the big leagues, but Elly is already a stud.

Who else is in the set? Druw Jones? Henry Davis? I hear the pirates are bringing him up soon.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing beats ripping and hitting a big card, the memories last a lifetime.

I remember the big hype a couple years ago with pulling a Jasson Dominguez or a Bayron Lora. These 2 are way off playing in the big leagues, but Elly is already a stud.

Who else is in the set? Druw Jones? Henry Davis? I hear the pirates are bringing him up soon.
Henry came up today. Hit first at bat

I have been buying up auto colour of a bloke i am going to have a bet on ;)

I'll show you when i get them.

Spent $650AU in a weekend getting:
  • Orange /25 (PSA 9)
  • Gold /50 (SGC 10/10)
  • Gold /50
  • Atomic Green /99 (PSA 9)
  • Purple /250 (PSA 9)
  • Speckle /299
  • Refractor /499

3/4 a jumbo box price and im still buying
I look forward to the reveal - when you’ve bought your share. I should get serious about it. Just buying from comc is stupid when it comes to prospecting.
Unfortunately anything tech induces panic and it’s the reason I still haven’t used SMC before. They are probably a must if you’re trying to play the game properly all the way in little old OZ.

Bowman prospecting sure is fun.

I look forward to the reveal - when you’ve bought your share. I should get serious about it. Just buying from comc is stupid when it comes to prospecting.
Unfortunately anything tech induces panic and it’s the reason I still haven’t used SMC before. They are probably a must if you’re trying to play the game properly all the way in little old OZ.

Bowman prospecting sure is fun.

Nothing to panic about with SMC. It's a breeze.

Prospect wise, he's born in 05, top 15 MILB prospect for his team, and priced like a 25 year old playing low A

Elly is the big one as of now. It’s a large checklist which makes it less likely to hit something big but thankfully the ratio of 1STBOWMAN autos is high.
1. Elly
2. Wood
3. Mead/Triantos/ lots of others.

Those are out of my range. I liked Edgar Quero as a sleeper but hasn’t gone as well as last year though he skipped a level and went from Low A to AA.

As for non auto Jackson Chourio is in this and he would be second for me. He has his 1st auto in 2022 Bowman Chrome.

Henry Davis has an auto in this but it’s not his 1st. I'm pretty sure his 1stBowman auto is in 2021 Bowman Draft

Druw Jones is in 2023 Bowman

Last edited:

A bloke in his team is hitting .245 and priced at 15x.
I found Amador not long after 2021 Bowman had released. He had batted .300 and hit 5 homers in his first year and had just turned 19. His refractor auto I got for $45, base for $25-$35, speckle for $55 and purple for $70.
Hedbert Perez was $150 for base(now $20) and a quite a few others had $100+ base autos.

I don’t pay the big bucks but I want to see a good BA

I found Amador not long after 2021 Bowman had released. He had batted .300 and hit 5 homers in his first year and had just turned 19. His refractor auto I got for $45, base for $25-$35, speckle for $55 and purple for $70.
Hedbert Perez was $150 for base(now $20) and a quite a few others had $100+ base autos.

I don’t pay the big bucks but I want to see a good BA
Yeah this bloke was 3x about 3 months ago. People have gone cold and i like him. Good system

Back
Top Bottom