Cards in envelopes

TBB1983

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adrian
Hi all,
I purchased two cards a week or so ago and they turned up today as they went missing in an envelope there was no tracking on these cards. I contacted the seller and they informed me that yes they sent it in an envelope with stamps, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t swapped or nothing weird happened. I’m not a fan of cards being sent via envelop with no tracking. What are others thoughts on cards in untraceable envelopes?

They were in top loaders one top loader had a minor crack.

Definitely worthwhile to go for tracked option if it's offered.

Standard paper envelopes are pretty much useless for sending cards, as the the letters get machine sorted. The sorting process will cause some sort of damage majority of the time.

Was this an eBay purchase? You are covered by eBay money back guarantee for items not received or not as described.

The vast majority of my trades over many years and across the world are in plain white envelopes.

Anything from a single card up to one where I sent 82 cards across two large envelopes.

So far I have never had a problem with an envelope going missing or being damaged. I believe knowing how to correctly package cards in envelopes is also key to avoiding damage - top loaders are not a good idea.

Maybe I have just been lucky and most of my trading tends to be lower end so the risk with loss is less.

It was an ebay purchase definitely not from here. They were lower end trading cards.
I was looking at the ebay guarantee ready to report a missing item but they turned up.
Im not a fan of cards coming in envelopes and may not now buy them if it is going to be sent that way. But as dodgydave said it is all in knowing how to correctly package. This wasn't in my opinion correctly packaged. Just two cards slapped in an envelope with a stamp or two.

As long as a card gets to me undamaged, I don't really care how it's sent. But I never leave feedback for someone who sends in a PWE without any sort of protection.

Personally, I never send anything untracked. Anything over $20 I always send Registered, and anything under $20 I either throw in free with bigger sales, or ship it all to COMC where I don't have to worry about it.

I send using #00 bubble mailers, which fit top loaders and slabs snugly. You can get 100 of them for like $20. Top loaders go between 2 pieces of cardboard inside a team bag as well.

Like others have said, I send cards how I'd like to receive them.

Back
Top Bottom