2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

Mal spent 1978-85 at Brisbane Souths, debuting and repping for Qld and Australia from that team.

I consider him a two club player.

Fair point. There are plenty ( particularly from NSW) who believe the BRL in that era was a second tier comp compared to the NSWRL. Unfortunately the BRL stats for players like Mal are kept seperate to those in the NSWRL.

Big Mal also played for St Helens in 1984/85

Last edited:
I know everyone has their own opinion of this release. I have mixed thoughts future famers sigs are really nice, Hof sigs are too busy but still a nice card. However WTF were they thinking with the immortal sigs they are terrible! Let’s hope they don’t change the legends sigs in Traders because they are soooo much better!!! Let’s hope for a Mal legends sig 🤞

What about a Lazarus hologram card that when you move it he changes jerseys............

Oh by the way can someone confirm there was a comp in Brisbane when did this happen?

Ross

I believe I may have heard that there was some sort of Pub Comp back in the dark ages, and that Wayne Bennett actually planned Rugby League (possibly even smiling once after a game). Also - there was some Wally who ran down Valleys kicking a footy and they built a statue of him that Seagulls ironically now shit on...

I am never sure of anything I hear about north of the border... perhaps Clive Palmer and Bob Katter played book-ends for the Redcliffe Dolphins but I wouldn’t put a nickel on the validity of that...

A Lazarus Mega- Motion Card... now there is an idea... it could change from a Raiders Jersey to a Broncos... although that may create a storm amongst collectors!

Lenticular Lazo?

I think they should be in Australia kit as the highest honour.

But imagine them doing a common Lazo A B and C card in three different club jerseys. Numbered tge same number too.
i agree that for players who have been at and had an impact at multiple clubs that the highest rep jersey earnt is the best fit.

I believe I may have heard that there was some sort of Pub Comp back in the dark ages, and that Wayne Bennett actually planned Rugby League (possibly even smiling once after a game). Also - there was some Wally who ran down Valleys kicking a footy and they built a statue of him that Seagulls ironically now s*** on...

I am never sure of anything I hear about north of the border... perhaps Clive Palmer and Bob Katter played book-ends for the Redcliffe Dolphins but I wouldn’t put a nickel on the validity of that...

A Lazarus Mega- Motion Card... now there is an idea... it could change from a Raiders Jersey to a Broncos... although that may create a storm amongst collectors!
I actually have the first Rugby league weeks for QLD.
Exactly the same format, only on top, it was for qld.

@redtorana fixed me up with a couple of sets and I finally penny sleeved a set lsst night.

Love em.

Look beautiful.

Retiree choices though...hmmm...

Nathan Merritt for Lote for sure.
Needed Timmins, Barrett, Gaz and Cooper too.
Roosters - Fitzgibbons...what a miss!
Luke Lewis.
Glenn Stewart.

Look I know you can't include them all but with 20-30 more retirees would take this set from a 9/10 to 11/10.

Placing a common set in pages and folder is one of my favorite past times, particularly for a heritage based set, really brings back some memories.

Player selection was a bit questionable here and there but that is the same with every release (Clay Priest in Elite...what were you thinking TLA).

If you haven't got a folder yet I recommend one. Just like the old Select series 2 they don't come with sleeves but this allows you to put in premium sleeves. Really nice folders, how series 2 folder should be.

I also recommend a charter class set, great looking cards and I think these would come up a treat with an IP signature. The other aspect is that the Charter Class set is the only HOF insert set to date (aside from Fulton).

@redtorana fixed me up with a couple of sets and I finally penny sleeved a set lsst night.

Love em.

Look beautiful.

Retiree choices though...hmmm...

Nathan Merritt for Lote for sure.
Needed Timmins, Barrett, Gaz and Cooper too.
Roosters - Fitzgibbons...what a miss!
Luke Lewis.
Glenn Stewart.

Look I know you can't include them all but with 20-30 more retirees would take this set from a 9/10 to 11/10.
absolutely merritt over tuqiri, although some 2018 retirees were included in the current plauer commons. seems like the set may have been intended to release a bit earlier

Back
Top Bottom