2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

Wow they are bland..... poorly designed ( no proper space for the auto ) and the Johns image is blurry or low res!

Wow!

The Meninga oversized card from centenary is such a nice card in comparison to this new card.
Would love another Joey auto but not a fan personally, only thing that would of been worse would of been getting the 4 player redemption?? Probably should of had them as a single card each and maybe in a case along with a Johns or Meninga original auto ?

Here is the Mal

1547586432800.png

And here is the Johns

1547586536389.png

compare them to the 2008 ones..... which are a classy looking card.........i mean its not like Steve couldn't look in his cabinet and see how they should look?

1547586977156.png

I thought they would have tried to make the signatures very close to the 2008 version.

Nothing beats the 08 Signatures.

Suprised Provan was the one without the foil signature. I am led to believe he is unwell and couldn’t sign but would have thought TLA would have had his signature on file from the 14 Legends.

Nothing beats the 08 Signatures.

Suprised Provan was the one without the foil signature. I am led to believe he is unwell and couldn’t sign but would have thought TLA would have had his signature on file from the 14 Legends.

I think it was his Daughter who did his speech at the immortals function indicated that Norm wasnt in the best shape at that time and was unable to travel to the event. The bad fall he had a few years ago certainly affected his health.

But you are right, they could have used one of his signatures from the Traders Legends card to copy his signature for use as a foil signature. The designers would have been able to do this easily.

Here is the Mal

1547586432800.png

And here is the Johns

1547586536389.png

compare them to the 2008 ones..... which are a classy looking card.........i mean its not like Steve couldn't look in his cabinet and see how they should look?

1547586977156.png

I thought they would have tried to make the signatures very close to the 2008 version.
these cards look like they have been photo copied, glad I am not forking out money for these cards.

Here is the Mal

1547586432800.png

And here is the Johns

1547586536389.png

1547586977156.png

The cards are underwhelming and could use some colour. The big thing for me is the poor sig quality yet again. It’s also the case with the large majority of future famers that have surfaced. I’m unsure if dealers or power players have already mentioned this to TLA, but perhaps it’s time TLA started delivering a pack of pens with their stack of sig cards.

Nope not at all.......maybe some slight design tweaks (with the file sent to printing) thats about it.
maybe they should have sent some PROMOS out to get some input into them before printing.
cheap and nasty,
From what I have seen so far, I would rate this release about 3-4/10.

Last edited:
maybe they should have sent some PROMOS out to get some input into them before printing.
cheap and nasty,
From what I have seen so far, I would rate these release about 3-4/10.
I think that rating is a bit harsh, from what I have seen.

I like the base commons and the Future Famers look sweet in hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing more and apart from the Immortal sigs I will definitely be adding them to my PC with enthusiasm.

I can think of worse looking high end sig card without giving it much thought: 2003 Future Force even the Jersey cards were average design / 2005 Power All of them look terrible / 2012 Dynasty never did it for me.

Anyway each to their own

Cheers
Ross

I think that rating is a bit harsh, from what I have seen.

I like the base commons and the Future Famers look sweet in hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing more and apart from the Immortal sigs I will definitely be adding them to my PC with enthusiasm.

I can think of worse looking high end sig card without giving it much thought: 2003 Future Force even the Jersey cards were average design / 2005 Power All of them look terrible / 2012 Dynasty never did it for me.

Anyway each to their own

Cheers
Ross
know what youré saying Ross.
Come on but the name future farmers.
What tha !!, is the person in charge of design got any links with norman.
The amount of mistakes already found and more to come I would imagine.
Surely after seeing what was put out in 2008, That was 10 years ago, and supposed to be a PREMIUM release, ie GLORY, i THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THE RELEASE JUSTICE AND PUT OUT A BETTER RELEASE.

know what youré saying Ross.
Come on but the name future farmers.
What tha !!, is the person in charge of design got any links with norman.
The amount of mistakes already found and more to come I would imagine.
Surely after seeing what was put out in 2008, That was 10 years ago, and supposed to be a PREMIUM release, ie GLORY, i THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THE RELEASE JUSTICE AND PUT OUT A BETTER RELEASE.
It’s still a good release, just could have has better Signature quality control and more colour in certain cards.

Forgetting who makes or sells the cards, you would think if a player or ex player was being paid good money to sign 100/200 cards and the texta was faded they would stop and ask the question?? Obviously not lol

Back
Top Bottom