2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Was looking at some afl sig cards and noticed alot sign with their jersey number beside their sig?

If elite were to do another sensations set I think it would be cool if the players did the same, but only on the card which had the same serial number.

Just a thought? Not sure if this has been mentioned before

Was looking at some afl sig cards and noticed alot sign with their jersey number beside their sig?

If elite were to do another sensations set I think it would be cool if the players did the same, but only on the card which had the same serial number.

Just a thought? Not sure if this has been mentioned before

Very cool idea however with AFL the players have a fixed number where in NRL they could potentially change week to week.

As an example one player I know has worn 10, 8 and 17 in the last few weeks.

Cheers
Matt

Very cool idea however with AFL the players have a fixed number where in NRL they could potentially change week to week

As an example one player I know has worn 10, 8 and 17 in the last few weeks.

Cheers
Matt

That's why it would only work for a sensations set, it would solve a lot of questions about a players perceived jersey number as he would be the one selecting the number.

Isnt Gorgeous George #10???

You talking about Grant this year or next??
last years elite was the example, and it would be up to the player? If he liked 10 and thought that it was his career jersey, fine by me.

Most of us think jersey numbered cards are special, this small personal touch would make it genuinely special

I agree with the post from a few weeks ago about the 2014 Traders cards worth nothing. Some of the chase cards are now selling for a few dollars and the 4 brothers chase card is flat out fetching $50 and you can only find one of these in 800 or so packs? That's pretty sad if you ask me.

I agree with the post from a few weeks ago about the 2014 Traders cards worth nothing. Some of the chase cards are now selling for a few dollars and the 4 brothers chase card is flat out fetching $50 and you can only find one of these in 800 or so packs? That's pretty sad if you ask me.

Cant really blame ESP. They are not the ones dumping them on ebay for next to nothing.

This is the same question I keep asking myself, has any ESP NRL card actually gone up in value (or even held its value)? I don't think any of their releases ever will.

Even when ESP made AFL and Cricket cards, they didn't end up holding their value.

Personally they should stick to making their crappy memorabilia, they seem to have enough suckers in that market for it.

Cant really blame ESP. They are not the ones dumping them on ebay for next to nothing.

Could it be too much being made or poor quality products? It can't be just blamed on a few sellers dumping stock, can it?

Could it be too much being made or poor quality products? It can't be just blamed on a few sellers dumping stock, can it?

What was wrong with this release or even Elite for that matter? Seen AFL Champions this year - its a joke.

You have a 1 in 2 cases card (four brothers) being sold for like $50. Im not sure how that is on ESP??

Collectors want to buy as cheap as possible and they dump their excess cards on ebay for next to nothing. Then they scratch their heads wondering why their collections are worth less.:blink:

The mass production has prices at very low, there are not too many big nrl collectors out there any more,
Like all releases lately, Get your cases/ boxes first and sell at a premium, Or be a smart collector and let everyone else bust (i know that kind of ruins it for me to, as i love the thrill of hopefully pulling a decent card) and buy later when everything is on the cheap.

Im sure you could probably get a complete set of traders for less Than $1300 and that includes the sig cards.

From what i've heard, expect league sensations to be #/130 again this year.

I know there was an idea floated that you could have 2 players per team having a league sensations card which would halve the number of cards for each player but this was dismissed.

Kind of off topic in regards to this being an elite thread,
I have found that due to case searching still being allowed,(ie elite last year 3-4 boxes per case had THE hits) keeping boxes as an investment is definitely not worth it,
Boxes from 2000 still dont sell at $250.as an example

The mass production has prices at very low, there are not too many big nrl collectors out there any more,

Well by the looks of it, we can't blame ESP for mass production, so it must be the collectors fault for not buying more :p.

That's another good point about big collectors not being around as much anymore.

Well by the looks of it, we can't blame ESP for mass production, so it must be the collectors fault for not buying more :p.

That's another good point about big collectors not being around as much anymore.

I think there is also an element of the NRL players you can get really good access to.

If I wanted to get a card signed by a certain player, the odds of this happening are pretty good.

Now given the choice, would you spend $100-150+ for a signature card or would you prefer to meet the player and have them sign a card for you for free?

Maybe we as collectors need to see more very low limited edition collector cards every now and then to keep both the top end collectors happy and the every day collector happy as well? For example the 2009 Captain's signature cards were amazing because they were a very low limited release and collectors are always trying to pick these up when they can afford it , and even the Black league Leaders are super collectable because of the very low run. You need cards like this in everyones collection's as these are the card's every collector wants to crack open from a pack. Top end and lower end collectors both dream about these cards and it keeps the collecting card game healthy. I know for example when I find a signature card that has a run of just say 300+ , I know that after 3-4 months after release they are going to sell for almost 1/2 of there 1st week of release value so why would you even want to buy early when you can wait a few months to then pick it up cheaply. Compare this to the Black League Leader cards early on when they were released the prices were alittle on the high end but then dropped for a while but now there getting super hard to find at even the top end prices!. That's the collecting game boys but I really think really low numbered cards are a must for every forthcoming release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom