2023-24 Hoops discussion thread

TAB1980

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Trent
What's your thoughts?

Have you opened this yet? Watched video's?

It's a pretty standard Hoops set with a significant Wemby tax already. $200+ USD is a bit steep! Especially with no Wemby or Scoot auto's. How long will this Wemby craze last?

I bought one on presale and paid AUD$225 which is much more palatable!

Wemby base rookie and insert cards selling for $30+ USD is totally ridiculous!

I do however like the new Presentations and Rookie Special inserts.

Overall, not a bad product hobby wise. Looks like retail is just the same as usual.

I love hoops is one of my faves just disappointed that the much loved slams inserts are not back yet. I'll be pcing scoot hoping he pick up his form soon but I liked to hold on to rc until the season finishes & give them a chance at least a month in their 2nd season to prove their worth

Hoops should be a $80-100 AUD box

I wouldn’t buy at over 100

I think that ship has well and truly sailed my friend. No amount of wanting is going to bring those days back.

That's not to say I don't disagree with you given that even at that price, you're still unlikely to make your money back.

I think that ship has well and truly sailed my friend. No amount of wanting is going to bring those days back.

That's not to say I don't disagree with you given that even at that price, you're still unlikely to make your money back.

gotta take a stand some times!

the kids need a really cheap entry level product!

gotta take a stand some times!

the kids need a really cheap entry level product!

I totally agree. This is where Panini has really hurt the long term viability of the hobby imo.

I suppose there's always retail but is that going to be enough to get them hooked on collecting? We were lucky when we were younger where there wasn't much that wasn't attainable when it came to collecting, even as a kid.

2020-21 Hoops was the first hobby box i bought when i returned to the game!

2 Autos, paid $150 a box.

Now $350 a box for 1 auto? HAHAHA yeah nah.

I am well and truly done opening NBA.

Back
Top Bottom