2014 ESP Elite info discussion thread (Flyer P22 - Checklist P41)

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

UPDATE 24/6/14 - SELL SHEET RELEASED

2014 NRL Elite Sell Sheet has been released!!

2014-sales-flyer_v6-jpg.94829

The pre-sale process will commence tomorrow Wednesday the 25th of June via Ikon Collectibles. Delivery of the product to Ikon will commencing week of the 21st of July while the official on-sale date at traditional retail will be the 4th of August (this is when the product will start to hit the shelves) We have agreed with Ikon that product will begin to flow out to the collector market as soon as it arrives, so at this stage from the week of the 21st of July as mentioned above.

There are a number of special features to this set and interesting and unique sub sets which include:

• All number 1 signature cards have been included into the set this year. (Thanks to everyone for their feedback)

• The number 1 cards from the League Sensation Signature series will be redeemed by lucky collectors via a special redemption card . For the first time in NRL card history the signed number 1 Card will be framed with the corresponding team jersey, once ESP receives the redemption card we will send out to the collector the framed team jersey with the number 1 card, and we will return the redemption card, market of course.

• We have included a special gold parallel 1 per 3 packs so watch out for these.

• A second redemption card will deliver lucky collectors a set of 9 Women in League cards, from the 2013 Women in League round. All cards are printed on pink foil board and look great! Players have been selected on based on the Harvey Norman women in leagues nomination process all Nine players are were finalises in this competition there was one winner being

The Young Gun signature series will continue again in 2014, collectors should note that as a result of the NRL selection criteria when choosing these players we have a double up on 2013 release James Tedesco (Wests) James will appear again in the 2014 Elite release.

Also look out for:
  • Master and Apprentice, a nice looking sub set of card
  • Pride and Passion
  • 2013 World Cup Hero’s and what a game it was!
  • And finally a special parallel set of the World Cup heroes
There will be three case cards design this year of which one card will be signed by Daly Cherry- Evans limited to only 70

Each album will contain an exclusive album card.

ESP will attend the Newcastle collector fair on the 20th of July, we will have some product at this fair for collectors to review, more on this latter. As soon as we have the final list of retailers selling the product we will publish this on all website so individual packet collectors know the whereabouts of stockists.

We hope that all collectors enjoy the Elite 2014 release, we have had a lot of fun putting together, as always we welcome feedback good and bad as we endeavour to continue to improve the offer.

I'll try and keep this as up to date as possible with confirmed details. This may not be 100% and is reliant on information provided to us.

Confirmed Signers

League Sensations #/130
Brisbane Broncos - Corey Parker (Confirmed)
Canberra Raiders - Terry Campese (Confirmed)

Canterbury Bulldogs
Cronulla Sharks - Michael Gordon (Confirmed)
Gold Coast Titans - Greg Bird (Confirmed)
Manly Sea Eagles - Brett Stewart (Confirmed)
Melbourne Storm - Cameron Smith (Rumoured)

Newcastle Knights
Nth Queensland Cowboys
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers - David Simmons (Confirmed)
South Sydney Rabbitohs - John Sutton (Rumoured)

St George Dragons
Sydney Roosters - Anthony Minichiello (Confirmed)
Auckland Warriors - Simon Mannering (Confirmed)
Wests Tigers - Liam Fulton (Confirmed)

Young Guns #/130
Brisbane Broncos
Canberra Raiders - Paul Vaughan (Confirmed)
Canterbury Bulldogs
Cronulla Sharks
Gold Coast Titans - Anthony Don (Confirmed)
Manly Sea Eagles
Melbourne Storm
Newcastle Knights - Robbie Rochow (Confirmed)
Nth Queensland Cowboys
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers - Matt Moylan (Confirmed)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Dragons
Sydney Roosters
Auckland Warriors
Wests Tigers - James Tedesco (Confirmed)

Case Cards
Daly Cherry Evans (Confirmed)

Last edited:
I'd like a 1 per box sig, but from quite a range of players to make them a short print number. They don't have to be the big players, but please no more expensive no-names. Mid range clubmen or past stalwarts - 4 per team @ 100 of each. Would love some past players from the Warriors like Stacy Jones, Campion, Lauiti'iti, Villasanti, J Vagana, Okesene etc to have a signature card. (Many of them are still floating around the scene too). I'm sure plenty of you rue the good consistent clubmen in your teams that never got themselves a signature card. Might not be popular with kids, but this should be the 'adult' release anyway.

I would like them to bring back case hits (I know they are reluctant because of case searchers). Perhaps a game worn with signature on the card.

Inserts from the last two releases have been excellent.

It is imperative that there is value in every box - this needs to be their main goal, I'm not a big fan of Russian roulette.

I'd also like the commons to be a simple, plain design. Lots of white, perhaps retro. Ooh, ooh how about they actually purchase some old retro scanlens cards and get them signed and insert them in packs like happens in America...that would be sick!!

...I love getting excited about series 2. I'd also be willing to pay more for the premium release to get more valuable cards within. $125 seemed cheap for the second release - $150+ for a loaded product would be fine by me

I agree on the 18 card team set and no parallels. I'd much rather get a big team set than duplicated of the same card with foil.

And some old lesser known player sigs would be great, too. Definitely better than a Holden Cup no-name. If the Knights sigs this year were say a Dane Gagai and a Bill Peden, I'd be stoked!!!

18 commons per team, team emblem card as the 5th card and coach card as the 14th card, rookies cards defined on commons. More sequentially numbered inserts with more detailing, foiling etc (eg retirements), Sigs as per last year, no parallels of commons or inserts. Make it so.

Actually, like Topps NFL or Baseball…sure it's a bigger 400 card set…but you can buy boxed commons.

But that said dealers are selling pretty well priced full sets out there so maybe not.

Club legends auto set

Love to have a sig of someone like Alan Tongue who was never going to have a redemption or superstar sig but was a loyal one club man who played tough but fair footy week in week out

I actually mentioned this to Terry last time we spoke..... having a club legends set... for the Panthers you could have someone like Brandy/Mg/Carty or Royce!

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom