2006 A-League Viduka Redemption Auto

stefanc

Soccer Fanatic
Real Name
Stefan C.
Finally... FINALLY, I've gotten my hands on a Viduka Redemption and Redemption Auto card from the 2006 A-League set!

YAY.

A-League%20Select%202006%20-%20Tribute%20Signature%20Card%20-%20TS1%20-%20Mark%20Viduka.jpg

You can see the card larger and my other cards here: Picasa Web Albums - Stefan

Cheers
Stefan

Good work champ, its a hard card to track down.
I was watching that auction and was tempted to get another, you got it for a great price :thumbsup:

Wow! I haven't seen one of these since I bought mine at the end of 2006!

What was the final price, if you don't mind me asking?

Back in '06 I saw them going for around the $350 mark.... $300 was the cheapest I saw at the time.

Now they have been going for $600+ (the last two before I got mine both sold for about $610). I paid $400 for mine - amazingly enough I was the only bidder (that was the starting price). Naturally I was quite pleased even though it's a premium to what they were going for in 2006.

yeh its an awesome card. hope they decide jedinak will be the next one. actually no i dont because ill end up spending 400 to get it

Funnily enough there hasn't been another Socceroo autograph in an A-League release since that first series.

It's generally disappointing that there aren't more cards with the sort of rarity of the Viduka card. The next most rare card (across all sets) are the Case Cards (making 2008-2009 Case Card the rarest with only 200 cases released). After that comes the Johnny Warren Tribute card (which they should have done better with in my opinion for sucha legend).

I'd like to see Select try some new insert sets in the next series.... the soccerroo cards are a bit boring as are the "superstars" - maybe make the superstars on clear cards or something???

Finally... FINALLY, I've gotten my hands on a Viduka Redemption and Redemption Auto card from the 2006 A-League set!

YAY.

Cheers
Stefan

Congrats, I was wondering who got that card for the price. Well done. The seller seems an odd person, he has sold 2 of them in the past couple of months.

---------- Post added 20-02-2010 at 11:41 AM ----------

It's generally disappointing that there aren't more cards with the sort of rarity of the Viduka card. The next most rare card (across all sets) are the Case Cards (making 2008-2009 Case Card the rarest with only 200 cases released). After that comes the Johnny Warren Tribute card (which they should have done better with in my opinion for sucha legend).

I'd like to see Select try some new insert sets in the next series.... the soccerroo cards are a bit boring as are the "superstars" - maybe make the superstars on clear cards or something???

Well said. Johnny's Tribute card could have been done so much better, thouggh I was very happy with the legends cards released the same year.

I feel the real problem is that Select know they only do 1 A-League release a year sohave to fit everything into that I'm also not sure they really understand football. They don't make a Premiers card, just the Champions. No mention of ACL qualification/teams etc (And I'm sure they could buy the local rights for that for very little). If the National Cup comp does start for 2011/12 will they include anything for that I wonder?

I would also like to see more thought put into the national team cards. I'm sure each year they could do some sort of milestone for a couple of players (50 games/10 goals etc). Also a sig redemption card would also be great.

I know a number of people including myself that collected the entire set for 2006-07, but from then on just collect their team and the odd single here and there. That sort of change in collecting habits must have had an impact on sales.

Still, 2 new teams over the next 2 seasons should mean a shakeup of sorts. Will be interesting to see what Select come up with.

Yeah I noticed that the seller had sold two, but she seemed genuine. She was going on an overseas holiday, so perhaps she was trying to raise some extra holiday $$$? Looking at the card I'm fairly sure it's a genuine.

Fingers crossed the A-League set of 2010/11 will be the best yet :) Would be helped by a few superstars in next years A-League comp..... Patrick Kluivert is a maybe.

Sure is, but when its the only card your missing and REALLY want to finish off the set, you'll do anything haha. How many of these were created just out of interested?

Sure is, but when its the only card your missing and REALLY want to finish off the set, you'll do anything haha. How many of these were created just out of interested?

Numbered to 120,
1. it's hard to find
2. I don't think many would want to part with it.

All the best

Back
Top Bottom