The official have a whinge about postage thread!

very true..and wouldnt you expect to receive something close to that amount?

Damn straight I would expect it, but my point is, I definetly would've handled it differently. I would've lodged a claim if the seller didn't respond, and would've left him 1 star only instead of a neg. It's only $3 in the end, not the be all end all.

Damn straight I would expect it, but my point is, I definetly would've handled it differently. I would've lodged a claim if the seller didn't respond, and would've left him 1 star only instead of a neg. It's only $3 in the end, not the be all end all.

yeah i agree he could have handled it a little different if he had his time over..but its not the end of the world for anybody...its not like any of us wouldnt buy off carter....do the stars show up when you check out sellers feedback?

yeah i agree he could have handled it a little different if he had his time over..but its not the end of the world for anybody...its not like any of us wouldnt buy off carter....do the stars show up when you check out sellers feedback?

Yep the stars show up.

And yes, a neg can be a big blow to a seller. We know him and will buy from him, but someone on the other side of the world sees a neg and says "No thanks". Well worth ****ing up a sellers rep over $3 for the fun of it...

Exactly if its not comming express or registered for that price then its obvious how it is going to turn up.

;)

If you know that in advance, bid and pay for it then you should factor that into the end price and forfeit your right to neg it.

Not saying $5 is right but....

I pay up to $9 a stubbie in some Melb bars...:eek: But when I walk in and ask the price and pay I can't take a sip and then ask for a % of my money back. :lol:

Exactly if its not comming express or registered for that price then its obvious how it is going to turn up.

;)

If you know that in advance, bid and pay for it then you should factor that into the end price and forfeit your right to whinge about it.

Not saying $5 is right but....

I pay up to $9 a stubbie in some Melb bars...:eek: But when I walk in and ask the price and pay I can't take a sip and then ask for a % of my money back. :lol:

:lol: you should print out an ebay feedback form and leave it at the bar with a neg!!:D

Gees $9!! :woot: Must be drinking those fancy Victorian beers....I hear VB had a "Gold" version out now...:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

The stars do show up, and if they get too many low ratings, some sellers will lose their power seller ratings and benefits. That's what it's there for. He got his card, all he had to do was leave feedback correctly, be a little patient and spk to the right people :)

i agree with everyone on this, even taz, $5 is way too high for shipping....the seller listed it with a stupidly high price knowing that whoever wins the auction will end up overpaying and he will get a little extra....the buyer...in this case taz left a neg because he felt he got ripped off....fair enough...if it arrived with $5 worth of postage i dont think it would have been a problem...ppl seem to blaming taz for doing the wrong thing but the seller who is also an OzCT knew exactly what he was doing by overcharging...i think they were both wrong but taz was more right that wrong if that makes sense?? and its absolute fricken STUPIDITY saying if you dont like the terms dont bid....if you want that card and you're prepared to pay that extra for postage but the postage doesnt add up then you have a right to be peeved...

Mate, if people dont like the terms of an auction then dont bid!!!!! What part of DONT BID do people not understand, and if you want the card badly then whats an extra $3 (A bottle of coke)

Mate, if people dont like the terms of an auction then dont bid!!!!! What part of DONT BID do people not understand, and if you want the card badly then whats an extra $3 (A bottle of coke)

you're missing my point too champ...he didnt mind paying the extra OBVIOUSLY...but was peeved when the listing stated $5 from a guy on here who knows what he's doing and didnt use up the alloted $5 he received for postage..its not about the extra 3..its about the orginal listing quotes...

and ima bump this again because this is what i JUST received off a seller asking why it cost $10 to ship to australia.

"$10 is fair since it takes 45 minutes on line in NYC to mail international. I usually do not ship out of US, put will for this card since it has received a lot of attention. Thanks"

this f***** fool is charging me for standing in line....INSTANT NEG! but dollar is low so i aint bidding...normally....well we wont go there cos im toning down my act :D

I do aggree that some sellers charge way to much for postage but if thats what they state on there auctions then thats what you pay. I have recived heaps of cards from the states as everybody on this site has and postage on the padded bags has been way less then what the auction states but I pay it as thats what it states and I have the opption to not bid if I think its to much and they wont lower it.

I do aggree that some sellers charge way to much for postage but if thats what they state on there auctions then thats what you pay. I have recived heaps of cards from the states as everybody on this site has and postage on the padded bags has been way less then what the auction states but I pay it as thats what it states and I have the opption to not bid if I think its to much and they wont lower it.

yeah mate im EXACTLY the same...i dont really mind until it's gets bad..i got charged $7 once which i paid and when i got the card it wasnt in a top loader..or bubble mailer, he cut up an old express post cardboard envelope and stuck it together like an envelope and the postage was $1.80....neg left:thumbsup:...he asked why i left a neg and i told him and he said it was a 10 minute drive to his mail office...neg justified IMO :lol:

yeah mate im EXACTLY the same...i dont really mind until it's gets bad..i got charged $7 once which i paid and when i got the card it wasnt in a top loader..or bubble mailer, he cut up an old express post cardboard envelope and stuck it together like an envelope and the postage was $1.80....neg left:thumbsup:...he asked why i left a neg and i told him and he said it was a 10 minute drive to his mail office...neg justified IMO :lol:

Not sure the neg is justified?? :blink::blink:

If the auction states that the postage is gonna cost $10 then thats what has to be allowed for when bidding. Who are we to justify the postage amount for someone else??

We are all aware that some people will try to make a "bit on the side" with postage costs...but we continue to bid and then leave negs even after we were aware what we were going to be charged for postage.

Scotty's original whinge was unjustified and the neg that was left was completely unreasonable, especially considering that he didnt even try to contact the seller before the auction finished.....and all these other examples....from what i can gather the negs have been unreasonable as well....

On the few occassions where i have contacted the seller about the postage costs in their auction, i have simply asked that I be charged what the envelope/postage ACTUALLY costs....mostly they have agreed....and everyone is happy has ended up happy!!

You're missing the point, it's a stated charge and could include his ebay fees, his petrol costs cuz he drives a mack truck - who cares.. At most a neutral feedback but if the main reason he's unhappy is cuz he entered the transaction, that's his fault not the sellers.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Excessive Postage and Handling Policy

Sellers may charge reasonable postage and handling fees to cover the costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the items they are selling. While eBay can not prescribe exactly what a seller may or may not charge for their listings, eBay will rely on member reports and other resources to determine whether or not a seller’s postage, handling, packaging, and/or insurance charges are excessive, unreasonable or unnecessary. Sellers must charge only actual postage and actual packaging costs (or less) in order to be in compliance with this policy. Postage and handling fees must not be listed as a percentage of the final sale price. More details are set out below.

In addition to the final listing price, sellers are permitted to charge any of the following additional costs:

Actual Postage cost: This must be limited to the actual cost (i.e. postage) for posting the item.

Packaging cost: This must be limited to the actual cost of packaging materials used for the item, such as bubble wrap, tape, box and mailing label and must not be excessive or unnecessary.

Handling cost: This must be limited to the reasonable costs for selecting and preparing the item for shipping and must not be excessive or unnecessary.

Insurance: Sellers offering insurance must only charge the actual fee for insurance relating to the item (or less). No additional amount may be added, such as “self-insurance”. Sellers must only offer postal insurance provided by a licensed 3rd party insurance provider.

Note: Postage and Handling costs must not include storage costs, employee costs (except for the reasonable cost of selecting and preparing the item for shipping), business overhead expenses, or any other general business cost.

For cross border transactions, sellers may not collect tariffs and duties. However, buyers may be responsible for actual, applicable tariffs, and duties as required by respective country laws.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

i agree with everyone on this, even taz, $5 is way too high for shipping....the seller listed it with a stupidly high price knowing that whoever wins the auction will end up overpaying and he will get a little extra....the buyer...in this case taz left a neg because he felt he got ripped off....fair enough...if it arrived with $5 worth of postage i dont think it would have been a problem...ppl seem to blaming taz for doing the wrong thing but the seller who is also an OzCT knew exactly what he was doing by overcharging...i think they were both wrong but taz was more right that wrong if that makes sense?? and its absolute fricken STUPIDITY saying if you dont like the terms dont bid....if you want that card and you're prepared to pay that extra for postage but the postage doesnt add up then you have a right to be peeved...

How is it stupidity "if you don't agree, don't bid"? :blink: by your long ass responses to prove no point whatsoever clearly indicate you're really ignant

The point of this whole discussion is the negative feedback is uncalled for

FACT: Sellers do not choose the buyers (to some extent), terms of the auction were clearly stated in the auction it self and if unclear buyers can contact the seller before bidding, in this case Taz choose to purchase it from Carter not the other way round. It shouldn't warrant a negative feedback, not like he was charging $10-15 (promised registered,express mail) and it came in a $1 dollar white envelope and card not protected. I think people are simply ignoring the fact that it takes some effort to ensure the card arrives safely thus cost includes shipping and handling, materials, etc. Why make it a big deal and make life harder for ppl??

Not saying anyone is right but agree with everyone who said it should have been handled alot better thats all

How is it stupidity "if you don't agree, don't bid"? :blink: by your long ass responses to prove no point whatsoever clearly indicate you're really ignant

The point of this whole discussion is the negative feedback is uncalled for

FACT: Sellers do not choose the buyers (to some extent), terms of the auction were clearly stated in the auction it self and if unclear buyers can contact the seller before bidding, in this case Taz choose to purchase it from Carter not the other way round. It shouldn't warrant a negative feedback, not like he was charging $10-15 (promised registered,express mail) and it came in a $1 dollar white envelope and card not protected. I think people are simply ignoring the fact that it takes some effort to ensure the card arrives safely thus cost includes shipping and handling, materials, etc. Why make it a big deal and make life harder for ppl??

Not saying anyone is right but agree with everyone who said it should have been handled alot better thats all

I think Taz makes life harder for himself... He just gotta learn that a few bucks is not a crime and if you look thru Taz ebay "feedback left for others" you will find that he left a few Negatives for seller that overcharged on postage. He just need to learn that if you dont like the postage cost then dont bid. And if you do bid, dont come out crying about it and neg the seller... Its so simple. You bid, You accept the terms of the auction! ;)

If the auction states that the postage is gonna cost $10 then thats what has to be allowed for when bidding. Who are we to justify the postage amount for someone else??

I'm sorry but if someone charged me $10 for postage (& I was happy to pay that amount) I would expect it to at least come in a bubble mailer inside a top loader & preferably a team bag too...... they deserve a neg if they charge you $10 for postage & then send the card like sh!t!!

Back
Top Bottom