The official have a whinge about postage thread!

Exactly and he had the face to say to me i am leaving a bad taste in Americans mouths over $10 and i never neged the guy, but taz seems to love running his mouth and throwing negs around like doughnuts , anyway i will not go further with Taz i said my piece to him in private , once again you have a lot to learn .How much for scotty $3 pft what a joke.

So what does it make it one for $15 your mistake and $3 total of a massive $18 and you have given 2 negs .Mind you i have never neged a person and don't intend to .

I bought from Carter on ebay 4 weeks ago and I paid US$10 to ship 8 exquisite base to sydney. Before I bid I asked him if he can reduce the postage for a fellow ozcardtrader and he replied straightaway. He said that if I give make him an offer he'll do it. But I didnt wanna offer something that might offend him so I just try to win his auction to the minumun amount I'm willing to pay including his $10 postage...

As it has noted here many times, the postage cost that sellers put on their auctions are their choices. It is now up to the buyer to like it or not or communicate with the seller prior to putting a bid. ;)

Feedback is a system that tells other buyers how the seller operates (or vice verser).

If you're upset you tell em, if you're happy you tell em.

No point hiding the truth, and letting it go un-noticed.

I told Carter I was a fellow OzCardian, I also asked if $5US was correct, he didnt seem to mind, so why should I when leaving feedback?

Take a hint, we all think you've way overreacted - that should tell you something. Don't bid if you're not going to be happy with the terms of the auction!

Feedback is a system that tells other buyers how the seller operates (or vice verser).

I told Carter I was a fellow OzCardian, I also asked if $5US was correct, he didnt seem to mind, so why should I when leaving feedback?

And sellers state postage costs and such in their auctions so people clearly understand it. No wonder you get under a few peoples skin. Using the feedback system in conjuction with terms of the Auction is the right thing to do. Dont like it, Don't bid, its not that hard, is it?

i paid $10 recently from the states for a printing plate, like others in here received a bubble mailer and $2.20 sticker. Im more than happy to pay an extra few bucks for toploaders etc and paypal fees but when its almost double what would be reasonable and ex rate on top. Sent a nice message saying i thought charge was a bit high, no response. Service was good and postage was fairly quick so i still left positive feedback .

Spose when you want the card you bite the bullet or lower your limit like gemini said.

LOL so you bid and already expected to give a neg based on the what you thought it would arrive with postage wise AFTER you bid and therefore agreed to the terms. What if he put $5 worth of stamps on it, would that of been the preffered option of recieving it?

This whole thing about you cant get negs back gives the power to buyers who abuse the system or at least hold it to ransom like Scotty has here.

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life. Ask politely and work it out before the expected problem.

Taz, abit harsh man, spoke to Carter about it tonight when I was at the shop, he was quite upset about it...should have tried to resolve it before leaving the neg (especially when he/she is a fellow ozcard member) the shipping price was clearly stated in the auction (i was told) if it was and you thought its too much? Simple, don't bid!

Well you told Carter how you operate as a buyer it seems :blink:

Both of you told the truth and you bid showing you were happy to pay it.

You confirmed the price(agreed to it) and then that you are both fellow members here with one of you helping out members a lot in the capacity of group breaks and deals whilst trying to make a go of it in a shop capicity.

Nothing hidden now, the truth is out there. And the mob says the truth is that it was a harsh, harmful and pre emptive neg.

Whist the postage is more than what we encourage here its far from the crazy quotes we get at times. If this neg was left here I would simply trade the negs around the other way.

Thankfully everyone knows here to keep postage profiting away from deals as we are here to help each other out. This eliminates the problem to start with but we also watch over and change unfair feedback.

If you feel a member here is charging unfair postage on a sale item report it to Admin AFTER you have tried to educate the seller on how we run the site. If you agree to it and THEN report it to us after the deal and leave a neg the seller will be told for future deals to lower the price and the buyer will get the neg.

Too easy and just common sense and thoughtful:thumbsup:

There I think everyone has had their say and people that read this will know how we do things here.

i agree with everyone on this, even taz, $5 is way too high for shipping....the seller listed it with a stupidly high price knowing that whoever wins the auction will end up overpaying and he will get a little extra....the buyer...in this case taz left a neg because he felt he got ripped off....fair enough...if it arrived with $5 worth of postage i dont think it would have been a problem...ppl seem to blaming taz for doing the wrong thing but the seller who is also an OzCT knew exactly what he was doing by overcharging...i think they were both wrong but taz was more right that wrong if that makes sense?? and its absolute fricken STUPIDITY saying if you dont like the terms dont bid....if you want that card and you're prepared to pay that extra for postage but the postage doesnt add up then you have a right to be peeved...

All you have to do is leave a low amount of stars when it comes to feedback for shipping, thus why the star system exists. You get to let other buyers know about your experience at the same time. If he didn't receive his card, then a neg is understandable, but he got it. Not called for. Think Chad summed it up nicely last night.

All you have to do is leave a low amount of stars when it comes to feedback for shipping, thus why the star system exists. You get to let other buyers know about your experience at the same time. If he didn't receive his card, then a neg is understandable, but he got it. Not called for. Think Chad summed it up nicely last night.

yep thats true on both accounts...and chad made great points but IMO the seller knew what he was doing..he was originally at fault...he DEFINATLY knows better.

i agree with everyone on this, even taz, $5 is way too high for shipping....the seller listed it with a stupidly high price knowing that whoever wins the auction will end up overpaying and he will get a little extra....the buyer...in this case taz left a neg because he felt he got ripped off....fair enough...if it arrived with $5 worth of postage i dont think it would have been a problem...ppl seem to blaming taz for doing the wrong thing but the seller who is also an OzCT knew exactly what he was doing by overcharging...i think they were both wrong but taz was more right that wrong if that makes sense?? and its absolute fricken STUPIDITY saying if you dont like the terms dont bid....if you want that card and you're prepared to pay that extra for postage but the postage doesnt add up then you have a right to be peeved...

Yes, you have a right to be peeved, so message the seller and kindly ask him to sort it out/refund you the difference. In the end, we're talking about $3, that was clearly in the auction terms and I am sure would have been resolved, even after the card was recieved, if Carter was given a chance. Leaving a neg for $3 is a joke...particularly without consulting the seller about it after realising you didn't get your full moneys worth in postage. Only if the seller told me to "F*** off" after I asked about it would I consider leaving a neg for that.

Though I spose $3 would buy you 3 or 4 good Devin Harris autos...

Nothing you say ever makes sense slobby, so don't be under the impression that suddenly you've hit the nail on the head.

Only bidding if you're happy with the terms is the cornerstone of auction bidding - if you must have the card then clearly it's so rare you should be happy just to have it, not crying over $3 postage...

Yes, you have a right to be peeved, so message the seller and kindly ask him to sort it out/refund you the difference. In the end, we're talking about $3, that was clearly in the auction terms and I am sure would have been resolved, even after the card was recieved, if Carter was given a chance. Leaving a neg for $3 is a joke...particularly without consulting the seller about it after realising you didn't get your full moneys worth in postage. Only if the seller told me to "F*** off" after I asked about it would I consider leaving a neg for that.

Though I spose $3 would buy you 3 or 4 good Devin Harris autos...

agree with everything u just said...still reckon the seller was more at fault

:lol::lol::lol: 3 or 4...wouldnt it buy ALL of them?

yep thats true on both accounts...and chad made great points but IMO the seller knew what he was doing..he was originally at fault...he DEFINATLY knows better.

But the seller did state how much shipping was in the auction, it never said that it was negotiable. No one twisted his arm to bid on it! :)

Nothing you say ever makes sense slobby, so don't be under the impression that suddenly you've hit the nail on the head.

Only bidding if you're happy with the terms is the cornerstone of auction bidding - if you must have the card then clearly it's so rare you should be happy just to have it, not crying over $3 postage...

its not about making sense, im not trying to hit any nail princess.....just sharing an opinion...nowhere did i say that i didnt agree with what everyone said...just that the seller KNEW before he listed the item what he was doing, i just feel that the seller was more at fault...he KNEW, he's not new at this....and like said before but ill slow it down so you understand champ that taz obviously agreed to the terms...but was unhappy when he got his envelope with the short shipping...and ppl keep saying he's crying over $3...its more like bloody $10 with the aussie dollar!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom