The official have a whinge about postage thread!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
We are averaging about 4 new threads a day on this and although most of it can be avoided like we have said for years i can't see threads slowing down.

Now you all have a thread to read everyday and put all your complaints/whines in :thumbsup:

I can't believe we have to pay postage at all!!! Surely they could have slipped a tax into the budget to make $150k plus earners pay for everyones, come on! Pay as much as you use, what kind of system is that! :)

How does 11 cards posted from the US to Melbourne Sound? Just won and paid, guessing they'll arrive in the next 2 weeks. Regular mail, 11 cards, $8.50 is more than I'm usually willing to pay but seeing how I never notified the seller prior to winning I'll pay it, fair enough.

I couldn't help but let him know if they arrive in a standard bubble mailer (50c at the most US) with a $1.40 stamped or labelled that I wouldn't be happy.

No reply. Let's see what happens when they arrive. :lol:

Interesting to know, how would you guys handle this?

Hoe does 11 cards posted from the US to Melbourne Sound? Just won and paid, guessing they'll arrive in the next 2 weeks. Regular mail, 11 cards, $8.50 is more than I'm usually willing to pay but seeing how I never notified the seller prior to winning I'll pay it, fair enough.

I couldn't help but let him know if they arrive in a standard bubble mailer (50c at the most US) with a $1.40 stamped or labelled that I wouldn't be happy.

11 cards should weigh more and u should see a more sizeable stamp.

I can't believe we have to pay postage at all!!! Surely they could have slipped a tax into the budget to make $150k plus earners pay for everyones, come on! Pay as much as you use, what kind of system is that! :)

You still havnt got over that :rolleyes:. You shouldnt be complaining if ur earning $150K:eek:, i am happy to swap pay checks and pay a luxury tax on anything :woot::lol:.

:)
11 cards should weigh more and u should see a more sizeable stamp.

If that's the case then all good. :thumbsup:

Hey I got no problems if that's the case but the last big incoming I had from the one US seller was 7 cards with $1.40 label in an estimated 50c US bubble mailer where I paid $6.50 US. That's only 4 cards off...

If it honestly costs this seller the claimed amount then I got no gripes whatsoever. Factoring in time/petrol that most think they can claim in an attempt to cover the ebay/paypal fees that ebay are screwing the seller for and not the customer... well I'm not sure I should have to compensate for that. That's just me...

Well, we'll see how it turns out. :rolleyes:

ace_e: alot happens in 3 weeks man...i'm now earning $3 million dollars a year and am even madder because i've had to pay luxury car tax on my 5 new ferraris! :lol:

Kind of on topic but not really a whinge, having just purchased my first item from the US a few weeks back, whats the average delivery time on US First Class International? I've been jumping in anticipation every time I hear a truck/van pull up for nearly two weeks hehe

How does 11 cards posted from the US to Melbourne Sound? Just won and paid, guessing they'll arrive in the next 2 weeks. Regular mail, 11 cards, $8.50 is more than I'm usually willing to pay but seeing how I never notified the seller prior to winning I'll pay it, fair enough.

Price is for postage and HANDLING. A lot of people seem to forget that last bit.

E.W

Price is for postage and HANDLING. A lot of people seem to forget that last bit.

E.W

So $1.20 for the postage label and $8.75 for handling is fair? I had some dick charge me $9.95 for what they said was Priority but was First Class International for $1.20...and now he says: "How am I meant to check the postage cost to every counrty?"

IT'S THE SAME FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS DIP****! IF YOU'VE CHECKED ONCE, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS GOING TO COST! :mad:

End rant. He's about to be Neg'd.

E.W

I had factored that in, all I'm saying is if it arrives and clearly has a couple of dollers for postage/mailer I'm still not happy paying around $6 for handling, it ain't a refrigerator....

E.W

Handling costs are bull**** on eBay IMO. You shouldn't sell something if you feel the need to charge for putting the item in an envelope and writing an address on it!

Handling costs are bull**** on eBay IMO. You shouldn't sell something if you feel the need to charge for putting the item in an envelope and writing an address on it!

Not a seller hey???

Some cards have been set aside for years etc. Someone has to pay for the envelope, tape, packing tape etc .

Not happy with the p and h , don't bid.

cheers
E.W

As a seller,

the cost of normal envelope + tape + bubble wrap + cardboard, spread over a 100 items, is hardly enough to justify charging handling fees.

I must admit, i cheat though, and re-use the bubblemailers that have been sent to me over the years.

People who charge excessive postage piss me off, but yeah its always good to check the Postage cost before you bid, so you can avoid the rip off merchants

A bubble mailer (.90) penny sleeve (.05) toploader (.10) and a stamp (1.00) can hardly justify some sellers charging $6+ for p&h. And if you're a regular seller, you can buy all those items in bulk and save almost 50% on hose prices I mentioned....

As a seller,

the cost of normal envelope + tape + bubble wrap + cardboard, spread over a 100 items, is hardly enough to justify charging handling fees.

I must admit, i cheat though, and re-use the bubblemailers that have been sent to me over the years.

People who charge excessive postage piss me off, but yeah its always good to check the Postage cost before you bid, so you can avoid the rip off merchants

Not a seller hey???

Some cards have been set aside for years etc. Someone has to pay for the envelope, tape, packing tape etc .

Not happy with the p and h , don't bid.

cheers
E.W

I have probably sold as many items as I have bought. I just don't feel the need to charge for sticky tape or pen ink, or taking 5 minutes to pack something and write an address on the envelope.

Not happy with those costs, don't sell.

What does everyone think is a fair price to pay for postage of 1 card within Australia?

Back
Top Bottom