The official have a whinge about postage thread!

Minimum you'd have to expect would be a bubble mailer inside an express post bag and that might come close to covering it.... Nice way to cover paypal and Ebay fees though! :rolleyes:

I needed the card unfortunately, won't leave him a neg either, but my star rating and comment will reflect my opinion on his postage costs :)

I just paid $12usd for reg mail from melb to melb from Carter. Will be interesting to see what $12usd pays for in melb!

haha, i just paid $11USD for postage from carter on the 13th of june and still have not received the item.........so don't like your chances of getting express post:(

haha, i just paid $11USD for postage from carter on the 13th of june and still have not received the item.........so don't like your chances of getting express post:(

If that was the case, then I'd look at changing my feedback....

You'll understand when you see my next mailday! He won't even allow pick up from his shop, has some lame excuse about having too many customers etc. The card industry me be peaking :rolleyes:

What an idiot..........he really looks after the guys on the forum,doesn't he :rolleyes:

What an idiot..........he really looks after the guys on the forum,doesn't he :rolleyes:

Not sure how he is still considered a member, in my books he is no different from Johnsmithysmith. I bought the card knowing the postage costs, as long as it arrives with my $12usd covered, I have no issue. If it doesn't, the my feedback will reflect that. Just like everyone else, I don't like being ripped off. I like to receive what I pay for :)

just a straight up gouge charging a price like that for Aus to Aus postage. Even for registered when you take the exchange rate into account.

Never know Norm, it might arrive in a limo on a velvet cushion.

42-16075210.jpg

just a straight up gouge charging a price like that for Aus to Aus postage. Even for registered when you take the exchange rate into account.

Never know Norm, it might arrive in a limo on a velvet cushion.

42-16075210.jpg

I was hoping to get a side order of fries and a coke with it! :)

You'll understand when you see my next mailday! He won't even allow pick up from his shop, has some lame excuse about having too many customers etc. The card industry me be peaking :rolleyes:

Thats aload of crap!!! I manage a high turn over business and there is no such thing as to many customers!! Isn't that why you run a fking bussiness!?!? To get customers!?!?

At least I know where I won't be going when I head to Melbourne next....

:rolleyes::blink:

Thats aload of crap!!! I manage a high turn over business and there is no such thing as to many customers!! Isn't that why you run a fking bussiness!?!? To get customers!?!?

Every time I'm in the city his closed. Guessing the business isn't doing so well and his trying to reap some of his costs back by overcharing on postage. It's cheaper to buy boxes off him half the time then single cards lol

I live in Melb but don't go to dream cards because of that attitude!

I just paid $12usd for reg mail from melb to melb from Carter. Will be interesting to see what $12usd pays for in melb!

$12us???? wtf??? even when i send graded cards its doesnt cost that much probs $7-8aus max if i rewrap the card and change the thickness
it better be gold plated lol

$12us???? wtf??? even when i send graded cards its doesnt cost that much probs $7-8aus max if i rewrap the card and change the thickness
it better be gold plated lol

I paid for the item and shipping, at the same time sent him an email asking what value I get for the $12usd, should be interesting to see his response! If the card doesn't arrive in the next couple of days, especially since we live in the same state (snail mail usually takes 24hrs), I won't be happy and "appropriate" feedback will be left to warn others :)

I Dont understand why people would agree to buy an item with a postage price shown clearly in the listing (regardless of how high it is) to only complain later.... once you bid then you agree to the terms no matter how much it is !

Just does not make sense to me !

If any of us are hard done by in this world it would be by the Banks so maybe putting some of the wasted energy trying to make a difference rather than complaining about paying for something that you have already agreed to purchase....

this is not directed at anyone but just my opinion on the matter !

It makes me think of all the annoying people i have ever had to serve in retail.... People who put things on layby who then want their deposit money back after 11 wks of 12 have passed because they bought it cheaper elsewhere.... boo hoo (your bad decision, live with it)
Or spending their Tax money before paying there bills and then crying because they cant get money back (yet more bad decisions)
or
People who buy discontinued or Display items and then complain that it has signs of wear and tear only after they get it home but somehow miss it when they buy it.....
or with discontinued items not having accessories or local servicing available,
the list could go on and on !

We are all accountable by the decisions we make so rather than blaming other people why not just accept that you might have made a bad "decision", learn from it and move on rather than these witch hunts

Dont like something, dont buy it. If the item is not as described then complain to your hearts desire but that is about the only time anyone has a valid excuse IMHO

End Rant

I Dont understand why people would agree to buy an item with a postage price shown clearly in the listing (regardless of how high it is) to only complain later.... once you bid then you agree to the terms no matter how much it is !

Just does not make sense to me !

If any of us are hard done by in this world it would be by the Banks so maybe putting some of the wasted energy trying to make a difference rather than complaining about paying for something that you have already agreed to purchase....

this is not directed at anyone but just my opinion on the matter !

It makes me think of all the annoying people i have ever had to serve in retail.... People who put things on layby who then want their deposit money back after 11 wks of 12 have passed because they bought it cheaper elsewhere.... boo hoo (your bad decision, live with it)
Or spending their Tax money before paying there bills and then crying because they cant get money back (yet more bad decisions)
or
People who buy discontinued or Display items and then complain that it has signs of wear and tear only after they get it home but somehow miss it when they buy it.....

We are all accountable by the decisions we make so rather than blaming other people why not just accept that you might have made a bad "decision", learn from it and move on rather than these witch hunts

Dont like something, dont buy it. If the item is not as described then complain to your hearts desire but that is about the only time anyone has a valid excuse IMHO

End Rant

Maybe if you took the time to read everything you would understand :) I said I agreed to buy the item as pay for the postage as long as I get what I paid for. $12usd of postage. I have no problems with that. So you're saying it's fine that he can charge that much, but send it using only say, $3? :blink:

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

lol and even if I bought a "discounted item" that say was ripped, I still be pissed to find out that they never told me about the stains on it! I just expect to get what I pay for, don't you? Or you have that much $$$ to throw around? Lend me some!

Maybe if you took the time to read everything you would understand :) I said I agreed to buy the item as pay for the postage as long as I get what I paid for. $12usd of postage. I have no problems with that. So you're saying it's fine that he can charge that much, but send it using only say, $3? :blink:

I have read this thread and I disagree 100% with the amount he/she is charging for post but if he wants to alienate himself from the wider collecting community OCT then so be it.... it is going to be his loss. His choice to charge that ammount and everyone can then make their choice whether to buy or not !

If i don't think the overall deal is fair then i don't bid. Like HSV said, if the overall price of post and the winning bid still works then that is a DECISION i live with .... I just see it as poinless complaining once you have already agreed to it.... It is equally underhanded (man i hope that is the correct word :lol:) as charging crazy postage by some sellers ....

:v:

I have read this thread and I disagree 100% with the amount he/she is charging for post but if he wants to alienate himself from the wider collecting community OCT then so be it.... it is going to be his loss. His choice to charge that ammount and everyone can then make their choice whether to buy or not !

If i don't think the overall deal is fair then i don't bid. Like HSV said, if the overall price of post and the winning bid still works then that is a DECISION i live with .... I just see it as poinless complaining once you have already agreed to it.... It is equally underhanded (man i hope that is the correct word :lol:) as charging crazy postage by some sellers ....

:v:

You're still missing the point lol, at the time of purchase, even now, I have no problem paying the $12usd for postage, even $100 as long as he uses that amount for postage.

Back
Top Bottom