The official have a whinge about postage thread!

I charge $3 (on ebay) for postage. $2 for ozcards.

The extra dollar for ebay is because ebay and paypal fees are usually that much, and for cards sometimes at 99c I'm not paying the fees myself... It's disclosed clearly so if you don't like it don't bid's my motto.

I dont think its fair to include ebay fees in your postage charges. If everyone did this, we'd be paying ****loads for postage...

Say you sell a card for $20. Ebay selling and listing fees will be between $3-4. To take these into account would mean charging $4-6 postage on a single card.

Way too excessive.

Sellers should cop the Ebay fees (like i do), or change to another medium.

But then again like i said before, its always best to check the postage, and only bid on high postage items if they are going cheap (which they often are because nobody wants to pay excessive postage)

I charge $3 (on ebay) for postage. $2 for ozcards.

The extra dollar for ebay is because ebay and paypal fees are usually that much, and for cards sometimes at 99c I'm not paying the fees myself... It's disclosed clearly so if you don't like it don't bid's my motto.

This is the right postage price for a single card in toploader and bubble mailer for ebay transactions...

I used to charge $2.00 but when I started putting on my ebay description that "if paying by paypal pls add 50 cents", then I got a warning from ebay saying that I cant charge extra for paypal. Then I argue with them and ebay suggested that I add to the postage itself. So thats when I started the $2.50 postage.;) But now, I thnk $3.00 is easy to justify. :lol:

I dont think its fair to include ebay fees in your postage charges. If everyone did this, we'd be paying ****loads for postage...

Say you sell a card for $20. Ebay selling and listing fees will be between $3-4. To take these into account would mean charging $4-6 postage on a single card.

Way too excessive.

Sellers should cop the Ebay fees (like i do), or change to another medium.

But then again like i said before, its always best to check the postage, and only bid on high postage items if they are going cheap (which they often are because nobody wants to pay excessive postage)

It easier said than done...

If you sell a card for 99 cents on ebay and charge less than $2.50 for postage, You'll be just wasting your time...:v:

Bubble Mailer cost around 90 cents + $1 Stamp + 25 cents for Toploader 30 cents + for ebay listing fee of 30 cents and 5 cents for Ebay Final value fee. Thats already $2.50

And when a buyer pays you $3.49 by paypal, you get charge around 38 cents...

And if you need to know, the seller spends time in listing the card on ebay and also the time in going to the post office and not to mention the petrol price these days.... So with all that taken into account I'd say that $3.00 is actually just fair...

Just make sure that before you bid on ebay, always check the postage and make sure that you accept it... If you dont like the sellers postage costs then dont bid... ;)

PS: jestero12, this post is not pointed at you. only to the small part highlighted...:)

It easier said than done...

If you sell a card for 99 cents on ebay and charge less than $2.50 for postage, You'll be just wasting your time...

Thats the chance you take with ebay, it's not the buyer's responsibility to compensate the seller for their item not selling high enough. If you want to get a certain price for your item, use buy it now ;)

Thats the chance you take with ebay, it's not the buyer's responsibility to compensate the seller for their item not selling high enough. If you want to get a certain price for your item, use buy it now ;)

I do BIN a lot for cards I dont wanna go for a bargain but I think having auctions starting at 99 cents makes the collecting much fun... Alot of times thats when you get bargains... And at the end of the day, If we dont like the postage cost of a seller then dont bid... :v:

I do BIN a lot for cards I dont wanna go for a bargain but I think having auctions starting at 99 cents makes the collecting much fun... Alot of times thats when you get bargains... And at the end of the day, If we dont like the postage cost of a seller then dont bid... :v:

That's common sense! :)

I use to charge 2.50 postage, but i wasn't using toploaders, i have opted to $2.00 now, and realisticly, no postage costs should be higher than $2.00 for a Bubble Mailer Regular post, if you want more bids and more buyers, then $2.00 would be right, $2.50 is the maximum, but $3.00+ and i doubt buyers will come back, or there will be more than $2.00 ones, on another note, you cannot expect buyers to pay for your fees, as quoted by someone on here, thats the risk you take with ebay, if you don't make your profit, and your not happy with selling cards, then simply stop selling, and you will be much more happier.

I use to charge 2.50 postage, but i wasn't using toploaders, i have opted to $2.00 now, and realisticly, no postage costs should be higher than $2.00 for a Bubble Mailer Regular post, if you want more bids and more buyers, then $2.00 would be right, $2.50 is the maximum, but $3.00+ and i doubt buyers will come back, or there will be more than $2.00 ones, on another note, you cannot expect buyers to pay for your fees, as quoted by someone on here, thats the risk you take with ebay, if you don't make your profit, and your not happy with selling cards, then simply stop selling, and you will be much more happier.

Thats funny...I remember running most of them arguments by you a few weeks ago on ebay, and funnily enough all I got back was torrids of abuse! Nice to see you've learnt from ya negative feedback

Thats funny...I remember running most of them arguments by you a few weeks ago on ebay, and funnily enough all I got back was torrids of abuse! Nice to see you've learnt from ya negative feedback

We won't tolerate that hear ;)

i would still expect a toploader with 2.00 postage.. maybe not a for a 50 cent.. sale.. thats the risk you take.. there are ways to save for on postage ... like buy in bulk everything - card supplies and bubble mailers.. in bulk.. they are dirt cheap if you do.. costs 10 percent of individual value if you buy 100 of those bubble mailer..(same cost if not cheaper than envelope) .Im a moderate trader and seller and ive gone through 50 of them already in 2-3 months.. toploaders arent expensive in bulk.. I have never really bought any as im always recieving as many as im giving out, and get given them for free from card shops.... If you pretty active trader or seller it is definelty worth while doing this, that way you can make a lil money back on postage without sacrificing security of items being posted... you can also spread out you cards.. in packs.so it will fit through their girth measuring card.. so they dont have to weigh it and you can just chuck a 1.00 stamp on it.. sorry if all this has been said before.. in this thread..

Rightio, your the smart one that would never reply to the refund, lets not go there, abuse claim, i hope we can start fresh from here and not have a tussle like that again.

Sorry mate, I dont agree with you... If you are happy with $2.00 thats fine with me... But as I breakdown the postage cost and paypal/ebay fees in my other post in this thread, $3.00 is justified. It is your choice to not consider the paypal & ebay fees into the postage. It is clearly a seller's choice but it doesnt make myself a bad seller if I do that.

And for suggesting this: "if you don't make your profit, and your not happy with selling cards, then simply stop selling, and you will be much more happier." I can assure you that Im more than happy if people win my auctions for 99cents...

But make sure that you send your cards in toploaders if you do trades here.;)

---------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't you rather sell the item for $3-4 and accept the $2.50 postage fee, isn't that considerable?
I list plenty of auctions at 0.99c aswell, but they always go over because people notice the $2.00 shipping fee recently updated.
I might go back up to $2.50 considering i am going to start selling most of my cards in top loaders and bubble wrap.

Back
Top Bottom