The Lord has Risen on Sunday Easter. Hallelujah Michael Jordan !!!!

haha.. im not even paying attention.. im just throwing out random numbers

Well you still have one in ten thousand chance!!!!

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 08:17 PM ----------

Have you got the cash?

Will get it in 2-3weeks time..... need to get card verfied first.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 08:18 PM ----------

$4350? ............

Getting closer!!!!

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 08:19 PM ----------

5 large Alex? ;)

Ended up giving 10% discount on that......

Will get it in 2-3weeks time..... need to get card verfied first.

What exactly does this verifying involve? If it were mine it wouldn't leave my hands without first receiving payment no matter what. You've got some balls :eek:

Your a generous man Alex ;) glad you got what you wanted man now take the family on holidays!! hehe

What exactly does this verifying involve? If it were mine it wouldn't leave my hands without first receiving payment no matter what. You've got some balls :eek:

i agree would have just seen what i got myself from all the forums etc.. which is where all these collectors that would buy it are anyways.. the reseller offers $4500 when others are bin $2500 just cos its numbered 23?? hmmm.. why is this card so special what set etc is it from?

As long as he gets his money its all good but i really don't see how the reseller is going to get $6k for it. The regular '61 is a $1500 max card so $2500 would be around the sale price on auction imo. Your laughing as long as that cash touches your hands, its not a chance i would have taken though ;)

What happens if the reseller doesn't sell it for the price he's claimed?

Thanks everybody for your wonderful comments.

About 8 hours ago, I was unknowingly about to trade this card to another member (can't reveal who) for what I thought was a fabulous trade. I must have initially thought that the numbering 23 is just the base card numbering like many other MJ base cards until another member stepped in and just casually asked if it was numbered in anyway. It was only then it struck me that this card was numbered 23 out of 61. Silly me!!!!!!!

I only have 2 things to say ! Can someone please show me a picture so I can drool all over it and question 2, Please pm me the username of who tried to nab it ! If they are new to the hobby then an easy mistake could have been made but if it is someone who knows cards then it would be a scumbag move by them and it is probably best to avoid them in the future imho

This is just an update. Received my first credible offer through a re-seller/ agent. Even though I am only getting 60% of the final amount, it is still an extremely mind-blowing amount. As a courtesy to all OCT members who have supported me or this site, I am currently open to offers from OCT members. PM works best for me but would ignore all low-ball offers. As much as I would love the card to remain with OCT members or even in Australia, this card is most probably heading overseas. I have about 2 days to decide on my only current credible offer so please do not hesitate to act. Thanks for looking. Cheers Alex

---------- Post added 26-04-2011 at 09:08 AM ----------

I love your honesty.

I doubt i would stand a chance against the superstar collectors here with gold visa cards but I would love to throw my hat in the ring ! MJ and jersey numbered, my sort of card ;)

just read page 7 and the kids want to know why I am crying :lol:

As long as he gets his money its all good but i really don't see how the reseller is going to get $6k for it. The regular '61 is a $1500 max card so $2500 would be around the sale price on auction imo. Your laughing as long as that cash touches your hands, its not a chance i would have taken though ;)

What happens if the reseller doesn't sell it for the price he's claimed?

I have got a strong feeling that the re-seller has already clinched a deal in the vincinty of $7k - $8k, he is very very confident of selling it.... To whom? I do not know, not my problem as long as I get the money.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:17 PM ----------

I doubt i would stand a chance against the superstar collectors here with gold visa cards but I would love to throw my hat in the ring ! MJ and jersey numbered, my sort of card ;)

You mean PLATINUM not Gold!!!! Put it this way, these buyers have pockets so deep that they can buy me up instantly if they want to.......

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:18 PM ----------

I only have 2 things to say ! Can someone please show me a picture so I can drool all over it and question 2, Please pm me the username of who tried to nab it ! If they are new to the hobby then an easy mistake could have been made but if it is someone who knows cards then it would be a scumbag move by them and it is probably best to avoid them in the future imho

Sorry about the photos, I have been asked to remove them.

Scumbag..... well unfortunately it just happens to be a member of OCT.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:20 PM ----------

Your a generous man Alex ;) glad you got what you wanted man now take the family on holidays!! hehe

Thanks Man.... and again keep my Mrs off my back....

How many of you guys can say that your Mrs is happy with your card craze!!!!!

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

pics are gone :(

Sorry mate, you would have passed out if you had seen them......

Sorry about the photos, I have been asked to remove them.

I am confused, why would you need to remove pics from here ? how would that have any bearing on anything !? Don't want to sound negative but this sounds dodgier by the minute. I hope you don't get screwed on this one !

Not entirely sure but from what I gather from the re-seller, I think it is that it gets send to one of the grading companies for authentication and perhaps grading as well so that its encapsulated. With that in place, the value does generally fo up. If I had sold it as a "raw card" it would have fetch $2500 tops. Would rather risk that 2-3weeks wait for an extra $2000. Wouldn't you????

How many of you guys can say that your Mrs is happy with your card craze!!!!!

I say name and shame :lol:

As for the 2nd comment, check my MJ's. Is it any wonder i don't have a missus haha

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

Not entirely sure but from what I gather from the re-seller, I think it is that it gets send to one of the grading companies for authentication and perhaps grading as well so that its encapsulated. With that in place, the value does generally fo up. If I had sold it as a "raw card" it would have fetch $2500 tops. Would rather risk that 2-3weeks wait for an extra $2000. Wouldn't you????

I would have sent it for grading myself, then sold it for $6k cutting out the middle man ;)

I am confused, why would you need to remove pics from here ? how would that have any bearing on anything !? Don't want to sound negative but this sounds dodgier by the minute. I hope you don't get screwed on this one !

very very slim chance of being screwed unless for some reason, BGS or PSA refused to authenticate it..... then the deal is buggered. And that is when I get my card back and about $200 in shipping and insurance cost for all the trouble.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:34 PM ----------

I say name and shame :lol:

As for the 2nd comment, check my MJ's. Is it any wonder i don't have a missus haha

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

I would have sent it for grading myself, then sold it for $6k cutting out the middle man ;)

Don't want to name scumbag, don't think that is professional

As for sending it for grading myself.... It might not work in my favour.... apparently, re-seller has inside contact to get "favourable grading".

Did you contact the consignment seller or did the dodgy member pass on your details and strike a private deal. You want to hope that this other party does not send you back a dodgy version ! if he is worried about it then I would be concerned about his motive. All I can say is good luck with it all and it is sad that it is going offshore instead of landing in a collection here :(

I have lost count how many ebay sellers with huge feedback that have done a major rip off ! fingers crossed

As for sending it for grading myself.... It might not work in my favour.... apparently, re-seller has inside contact to get "favourable grading".

wow! So basically he is deceiving people by getting the card graded higher then it should be from his "inside contact" and making a huge profit from it?
You don't have an issue with this?

wow! So basically he is deceiving people by getting the card graded higher then it should be from his "inside contact" and making a huge profit from it?
You don't have an issue with this?

Good point Nick ! sounds like he did the hard sell. Like the new car saleperson " its the last one in this color" "it was touched by MJ" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom