The Lord has Risen on Sunday Easter. Hallelujah Michael Jordan !!!!

wow! So basically he is deceiving people by getting the card graded higher then it should be from his "inside contact" and making a huge profit from it?
You don't have an issue with this?

Again I'm not privy to the full details on what the reseller actually does, as long as I get my money. The card is fair game and in only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Nobody is holding a gun to the buyers head and asking for money

very very slim chance of being screwed unless for some reason, BGS or PSA refused to authenticate it..... then the deal is buggered. And that is when I get my card back and about $200 in shipping and insurance cost for all the trouble.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 09:34 PM ----------

Don't want to name scumbag, don't think that is professional

As for sending it for grading myself.... It might not work in my favour.... apparently, re-seller has inside contact to get "favourable grading".

1. This sounds dodge to me along with the other spin you got from him.
- Must sell within 48 hours or forget it (WHY? if the buyer wants the card for the 23 number on it then he could wait a little longer)
- Remove photos of here (WHY? legally it is your card still until you get payment)
- Must send to verify card (WHY? no deposit was given to you as security)
- Magically going to grade the card higher for you.

2. That is ethically wrong.
3. Personal Opinion - I would not buy a graded fleer card (because I cannot touch it) unless I was chasing a graded set (ie my PSA 9 1986-87 fleer set).

Did you contact the consignment seller or did the dodgy member pass on your details and strike a private deal. You want to hope that this other party does not send you back a dodgy version ! if he is worried about it then I would be concerned about his motive. All I can say is good luck with it all and it is sad that it is going offshore instead of landing in a collection here :(

I have lost count how many ebay sellers with huge feedback that have done a major rip off ! fingers crossed

Not on the reputation he has. If it does happen, I'll fly over and burn down his store!!!!

- Must sell within 48 hours or forget it (WHY? if the buyer wants the card for the 23 number on it then he could wait a little longer)
- Remove photos of here (WHY? legally it is your card still until you get payment)

3. Personal Opinion - I would not buy a graded fleer card (because I cannot touch it) unless I was chasing a graded set (ie my PSA 9 1986-87 fleer set).

PSA 9 ? maybe if this guys contact at the grading company didn't get them graded ! they might be 7's inside a 9 case :whistle:

So let me get this right, you almost got ripped off on this card then you turn around and do a deal with someone who has said he can get cards graded favourably therefore falsely increasing the value of the card for your benefit and you're now fine with it?

I can but won't answer all your question. If you have a genuine question, I am happy to answer but if you are just trying to bash the card, or myself or my actions, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. Don't mean to offend, but please keep the topic objective & not subjective. Appreciate that.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 10:43 PM ----------

What if he gets them to grade it lower and gets it cheaper and then gets them to re-grade it higher to sell off for more money?

A card like that generally gets graded once. He might not even grade it. He just needs a verification.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 10:46 PM ----------

So let me get this right, you almost got ripped off on this card then you turn around and do a deal with someone who has said he can get cards graded favourably therefore falsely increasing the value of the card for your benefit and you're now fine with it?

The card may or may not get graded but it needs verification. Verification is key to the sale and not the grading.

I can but won't answer all your question. If you have a genuine question, I am happy to answer but if you are just trying to bash the card, or myself or my actions, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. Don't mean to offend, but please keep the topic objective & not subjective. Appreciate that..

I am not trying to bash you or the card, but the guy feeding you these things. The more you reveal of what he says the more questions arise then answers from this reseller.

I am not trying to bash you or the card, but the guy feeding you these things. The more you reveal of what he says the more questions arise then answers from this reseller.

I cannot defend the reseller's actions. But I have left it in his hands in providing the best possible value for the card. The proof of the pudding would be in 2-3 weeks time on whether I get my money. Time will tell.

I cannot defend the reseller's actions. But I have left it in his hands in providing the best possible value for the card. The proof of the pudding would be in 2-3 weeks time on whether I get my money. Time will tell.

well i hope you get it too. very high risk move like other said. i hope you know where this guy lives. I know when someone did send me my hdd back (worth 150 only) i paid them a visit lol.

Do I win anything? ;)

Give me your address and I'll send you a few cards.

---------- Post added 28-04-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

well i hope you get it too. very high risk move like other said. i hope you know where this guy lives. I know when someone did send me my hdd back (worth 150 only) i paid them a visit lol.

Don't worry, I got that covered. I know exactly where his store is!!!

what happened with this?....did you sell it? did you get the coin?

Just an update, appreciate the concern of many OCT members here as well. I have received the money after about 4 weeks of posting out the card. Took slightly longer than anticipated but all good. Cheers Alex

Back
Top Bottom