Terrible news re: Series 2

Stoopid tags and stickers, my newsagent still has boxes of that stuff, no one wants them, just stick with cards.

Booo Select, I was really looking forward to Series 2, oh man :(

If the reason is the poor sales of those side sets (tags, stickers, figurines) then I think it makes no sense. That is like Coke stopping production on normal Coke because Cherry Coke is a failure. The 2nd set always do top business.

I'm not really too worried as Canberra have a fairly average side this year, I'm more worried about the future of NRL cards.

I emailed select a few days ago and they did finally reply today confirming no series 2 and again did not give any reason or even a polite email.... I was looking forward to this years top prospects. Guess I might just have to buy a few boxes of 05 power. does anyone know how well there cricket series sells compared to nrl???

---------- Post added 28-04-2010 at 11:43 AM ----------

Also if select do pull out of nrl what effect will this have on market prices??

I can only imagine that prices will go up.
Past seriies will gian better prices, I hope #1 eels fan (dave) hasnt sold out tooo early,lol

If there is no series 2, will there be the figurines this year? i dont mind either way but it just crossed my mind then :). However this is a very dissapointing situation :(
Brplat

They better atleast bring out series 2 tags :woot::kick:

Oh, hold me back!

Haven't heard anything about figurines, and they had been hyped up by this time in previous years, so I don't think they're doing them again. Which is fine in my book, they've done all the decent players anyway.

If Select are going to cut back on something, then why not tags, stickers, series one? Series two always seems to sell out, why are they cutting back on one of their more popular products?

Surely they know it's what all the collectors wait for each year? Do they have any business sense at all?!?! They could at least do a more limited run, like they did in 2005, I believe.

If there was another trading card company in Aus, this would actually be brilliant news, because they could step in and produce a decent product. If only I had the money and willpower I'd start one up myself. :lol:

nevermind series 2 we have tazos tags and champs to keeo us busy wooooooooooo

Oh, hold me back!

Haven't heard anything about figurines, and they had been hyped up by this time in previous years, so I don't think they're doing them again. Which is fine in my book, they've done all the decent players anyway.

If Select are going to cut back on something, then why not tags, stickers, series one? Series two always seems to sell out, why are they cutting back on one of their more popular products?

Surely they know it's what all the collectors wait for each year? Do they have any business sense at all?!?! They could at least do a more limited run, like they did in 2005, I believe.

If there was another trading card company in Aus, this would actually be brilliant news, because they could step in and produce a decent product. If only I had the money and willpower I'd start one up myself. :lol:

Surely someone else would pick up the licence to do them:thumbsup:

i am a bit like you gouldy willing to do them but no $$:lol:

Maybe give dynamic a call then we can get top prospect numbered #/2000 again:lol::lol:

---------- Post added 28-04-2010 at 04:26 PM ----------

nevermind series 2 we have tazos tags and champs to keeo us busy wooooooooooo

thats the spirit:lol::lol:

i have a newsagent up the road that has tonnes of all those mentioned above :lol:

I emailed select a few days ago and they did finally reply today confirming no series 2 and again did not give any reason or even a polite email.... I was looking forward to this years top prospects. Guess I might just have to buy a few boxes of 05 power. does anyone know how well there cricket series sells compared to nrl???

---------- Post added 28-04-2010 at 11:43 AM ----------

same reply on email was sent to me as well........

really disappointed. May focus on building some older series collections....

same reply on email was sent to me as well........

really disappointed. May focus on building some older series collections....

Yeah, I suppose if I I'm trying to be an optimist at least it will free up some funds to buy some higher end cards to finish off older incomplete sets.....

just my 2 cents worth...

Disappointed is an understatement but I doubt that this decision has much to do with the Melbourne controversy..... within one week Select has made the decision to dump series 2..... obviously the decision had already been made and they were just looking for the perfect excuse.

I guess if this is the case we should all be ready for the news that they will be pulling out of NRL cards altogether. Personally I hope whoever jumps in to fill the void that Select has left takes over all the card licences, maybe then they will realise what a huge mistake this is.

If Select was serious about their business, and their customers, they would get on the forums and release an explaination as to why they have decided not to produce Series 2.

Without a reasonable explaination I will be boycotting all Select products

Back
Top Bottom