Terrible news re: Series 2

1967Sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
1967sharks
I just got off the phone to Steve and he has informed me there will be NO NRL series 2 for 2010 due to the Storm saga. ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH:mad:

Thanks Melbourne

AFL will be as per usual

I must say i am very disappointed

FK You Select

What !!!!!!!

Is it April 1st.........

I bet St George now finally win a GF. :cry:

---------- Post added 27-04-2010 at 02:27 PM ----------

I can't really see why not....o,k, a Melbourne predictor would be an unfortunate pull, but it is footy as normal, there will still be a top try scorer Dally M's etc etc

I suppose we now need to collect Series 1.......

Surely it is their interest to produce one, the boxes would still sell out as always.

Your Avatar "Barrett-RETIRE U DOUCHE" ??? surely you want to win another game this season?

What does the Storm saga have to do with releasing pieces of cardboard? They are still playing the game....just not for points

I'd be mighty pissed if i was an NRL collector, what a lame excuse from Select

I think you will find as many serious collectors will have spare cash to spend, the prices of higher end cards from previous series 2 releases will go up.

copyright issues.
with sponsors pulling out select would only have images with old sponsors.
would get complicated as the old sponsors would not want to be associated with melbourne storm in any way.
so it just must of got too difficult as the cards would of been well and truely on the drawing board already.

don't be supprised if select pull out of nrl cards altogether.

WOW, massive news. sucks to be an NRL fan. just another pathetic effort by Select, im sure something could have been worked out so the NRL collectors had something to collect. gee i wish the AFL & NRL would release the licence for producing collectors cards, Select are just so yesterday, never willing to go our of their way for the collectors. we are the only ones keeping them afloat, dont they realise that :mad:

copyright issues.
would get complicated as the old sponsors would not want to be associated with melbourne storm in any way.
so it just must of got too difficult as the cards would of been well and truely on the drawing board already.

NOthing a bit of computer editing wouldnt fix.... what would they have, about 20 cards to work on??.. easily fixed.

copyright issues.

Do sponsors have anything to do with the cards? Series 1 always has the previous year's jerseys and sponsors on the pictures.

NOthing a bit of computer editing wouldnt fix.... what would they have, about 20 cards to work on??.. easily fixed.

Exactly. Anyone with photoshop and a spare half an hour could edit the images to get rid of any old sponsors logos.

well that's my theory, sounds good to me :)

I guess we'll never know the truth so it doesn't really matter.

I have afl team sets from 1990 onwards, if any nrl collectors want to start an afl collection lmk, at least you'll have something new to collect from here on :)

I am in shock. They could have used it to there advantage, called it 2010 Nrl the salary cap series with a subset of famous cap breaches!! 1:4 boxes would have been a good one!! na seriously i am gutted, I am nearly finished 2009 classic apart from the captains sigs I was counting the days until a new series might come out cause god I hate the champions series!!!!!!

It doesn't make any sense at all ... gosh, by the time series 2 rolls around the whole Storm thing will be forgotten!

Anyone reckon a email writing campaign would do any good? To Select and the NRL? It must be in the NRL's best interests to have the product out there. If Select can't do it, maybe they can find someone else - ESP have done a good job with the last couple of season's Daily Telegraph sets.

i would be absolutely gutted if i collected NRL full on. Thats just poor from select. I say we all sign a petition and email the afl and nrl to get them to release the license

Back
Top Bottom