Terrible news re: Series 2

Always been a loyal collector of the Select NRL cards since their 2000 release.. DISAPPOINTED to say the VERY LEAST about there not being a Series two this year..

Truth is.. Series One has ALWAYS sucked.. Anyone can run out and take a photo of a player.. Print it out on flash paper.. And there you go.. Series one.. Where do they get their graphic artists from??.. I only have a degree in Commercial Graphic Art and I could produce a better set of cards by myself in less time!!

A little OVER the same Jersey Die Cut set being release EVERY year with a splash of new players on them.. WHAT?? .. All that available talent at your fingers and you go and use the SAME template EVERY year??.. So release the jersey's every year.. CHANGE THE DESIGN!!.. You have a WHOLE D.A.M.N YEAR!!.. Even better.. Send me the photos and the specs "needed" on all the pictures and I'll do them myself.. FOR FREE!!!

Series Two has always been the better release.. Little bit of added talent.. Little bit of artistic splash.. I never thought I would say this.. But I'm nearly hoping another company takes over from Select on producing NRL cards.. OBVIOUSLY.. NRL is not on SELECT'S priority list!!.. I'd prefer give my money to another company that DESERVES it!!

I've had it with them eh ... unless there's a big improvement in their product, I'm not buying anymore Select products.

I think a few high end Knights sigs may bring you out of retirement.
I will always collect Cronulla cards (even though most of it is junk).
Do these dorks understand that there is such thing as an adult collector and our average age isnt 10 years old?
Stickers, Tags and Figurines are all lame, even Champions is hopeless.
The only good series 1 cards ever were 2005 Tradition and even 2006 Accolade was decent but 4 years of the same old Champions base and inserts is kinda played out.

Awesome idea for a series 2 - $100 a pack, 1 Card per pack.........Every Serial #001 they have kept.
Sure hitting one of the sets that come with predictor would be considered a miss, but 2004 and to a lesser extent 2009 Captains Sigs, Immortal Sigs etc would be absolutely awesome.......Oh and Nick Youngquest Future Force :kick::woot::lol:

Well in the last 2 weeks i have sent over 400 JDC cards back to Select that were out of alignment or had ink blotches on them. I've also sent back 40 Impact Signatures. Maybe they abandoned Series 2 because they realised they are having issues actually producing cards.

one of the nrl collectors on this website should form a petition and send it to a rival card company so that they can try and obtain a license from the nrl???
worth a try...

Well in the last 2 weeks i have sent over 400 JDC cards back to Select that were out of alignment or had ink blotches on them. I've also sent back 40 Impact Signatures. Maybe they abandoned Series 2 because they realised they are having issues actually producing cards.

Oh its your fault there will be no Series 2 :p:D

Oh its your fault there will be no Series 2 :p:D

:lol::lol::lol: your sending them broke.

I have written directly to the NRL to voice my disappointment and to highlight Select's complete disregard for NRL collectors. I have enquired about the terms of the license and if they are open to allowing a competitor to enter the market to better represent the NRL brand.

I know not much will come of it, but I felt better for venting my frustration.....

I do think we need to be pro active and constructive in our criticism so all an sundry that may have a vested interest in this are aware.

Ross

Were they as bad as this? :blink:

jdc.jpg

Lol. Select jus't dont know what they are doing. Do you have a Bowen one like this? Cheers, Cowboys4lyf.

Nope but i wish i hit the Sharks ones, they are so bad that they are good

---------- Post added 04-05-2010 at 03:46 PM ----------

Don't worry that there is no series 2, if we are lucky we will have these instead....

78532717.jpg

OMG they are so awesome.

that is just so pathetic of select they are supposed to be the elite card manufacturer in australia and they have it all at their feet and they comeout with that low level of product:mad:

i cant wait for the jersey cards to come out and they are cut into the shape of a pair of shorts:D:lol:

that is just so pathetic of select they are supposed to be the elite card manufacturer in australia and they have it all at their feet and they comeout with that low level of product:mad:

i cant wait for the jersey cards to come out and they are cut into the shape of a pair of shorts:D:lol:

Dave............I think you have just hit on a top idea, top half of the player on a jersey and the bottom half in shorts and legs......that would be just a class product............

and I can't wait for those keyrings...........actually yes I can.

im talking AFL here for a minute guys, so now thats champions, tags, keyrings and figurines, and thats just Select, then theres teamcoach and topps too. all kids products. and keyrings and tags are virtually the same bloody thing arnt they, talk about doubling up :mad:
and with no second series, whats left for the serious collectors? nothing but absolute rubbish!
i just dont understand how they can release so many cheap and crappy products yet nothing at all for the collector with money. surely Select can see that kids dont have a lot of money to spend, where as adult collectors tend to have more and are more willing to spend big dollars at a time. doesnt make sense to me :rolleyes:

and all these crappy products like tags, key rings and stickers, how do select even make money on them? i dont know anyone who collects them and i always see newsagency's with boxes full of packs that never sell

and all these crappy products like tags, key rings and stickers, how do select even make money on them? i dont know anyone who collects them and i always see newsagency's with boxes full of packs that never sell

yeah i know what ya mean there mate, im seeing the same thing round my way too. ive actually been getting into collecting chipz this year, atleast theres something in that release thats worth collecting. i reckon i only brought about 15 or so packs of champions this year, and nothing in the last month. normally i buy a box or two on release then more packs along the way. but ive had enough of the Select rubbish this year. lets hope that the AFL series 2 is a ripper or we could see Select go down faster than the titanic :woot:

yeah i know what ya mean there mate, im seeing the same thing round my way too. ive actually been getting into collecting chipz this year, atleast theres something in that release thats worth collecting. i reckon i only brought about 15 or so packs of champions this year, and nothing in the last month. normally i buy a box or two on release then more packs along the way. but ive had enough of the Select rubbish this year. lets hope that the AFL series 2 is a ripper or we could see Select go down faster than the titanic :woot:

yea im the same. Every year i usually buy a box of select champions, and series 2 and get packs of both along the way. Last year i would of easily bought 2 boxes worth of packs on their own as well as a sealed box.
But yea i was so annoyed that select pretty much made the same cards i have bought about 12 packs and thats it.
instead i bought a box of teamcoach which is better this year than ever.
And yea i dont mind the chipz, at least they have a range of inserts unlike tags, key rings and stickers. In their first year i collected chipz and probably bought about 15 packs and some inserts from ebay, and last year i bought a box and a few play packs, tins and about 10 packs. this year i have only got about 5 packs and thats it, because i wanted to save money to buy other cards and AFL series 2

Back
Top Bottom