NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing everyone here knows, but been in the news here in NZ a bit about Russell Packer being sentenced to 2-years jail. I think it would besafe to assume his NRL career may be over! My sister is pretty good friends with Packer's GF so I am trying to see if she knows anymore info.

BdWaLG5CcAAyvuo.jpg

They need to implement a rule where if they leave on compassionate grounds they should forfeit a percentage of the contract (they have already earned) they agree to due to hardship felt by the club they are leaving. This fee can be paid by the player or the club he is going too.

Or a percentage is withheld until a certain milestone of the contract is reached. ie.(3 year deal, retainer held until 2 year mark)

this would go both ways. For example if the club doesn't offer the rest of the contract they have to pay the player a percentage of the contract.
obviously early release and such agreements would still be allowed.

Owen, uncle gus is building a monopoly out here at penrith with any luck gordon will see sense and come back and we will have the dream team and i can sit on the bandwagon for gpod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom