Info. and live breaks in Dream Cards Melbounre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reference Check For Carter of DREAM CARDS SHOP

Hi guys, I am new to the boards here...My Name is Brian and my Ebay user id is "barindera"

I have a question for the members on this site. I recently purchased two items on ebay from Dream Cards Shop owner "Carterqw" the items are:
07/08 Exquisite Inscription auto Kobe Bryant 22/25 Item number: 220350501528

and
07/08 Exquisite Inscription auto Lebron James 1/25 Item number: 220350501842

After paying for these items, Carter emailed me and said he not going to sell me these cards. I used a buy it now to purchase both items, as my best offers where not replied to. Carter told me he listed the items on ebay to see what kind of offers he was going to get for the two cards, but did not want to sell them. I then proceded to call Carter and he then said ok he will go ahead and sell me the cards. Today he has refunded me the payment and again says he is not selling the cards. I could not believe a seller who owns a card shop would do something like this. So my question to you guys is....how do you think I should go about trying to resolve this with Carter? I think this is completly unfair, and not something an honest card trader should do!

And also has anyone also purchased these same cards aswell from Carter? I dont know why he would list something on ebay and then suddenly not want to sell?

thanks for your help, I am also a member of the beckett and hobby insider trading card boards, I have hope to make friends on this site aswell. :)

Carter is a member of these boards so he would be best responding. However a purchase through ebay is a contract that must be followed through unless you guys can come to an amicable solution.

Both the items you have listed there are the same...

He is a good bloke I'm surprised you're having a problem. Everyone says ebay auctions are binding, however if it's not in an auction format they may not be. If you put an item in a shop with a price sticker on it you are not obliged to sell it to anyone, the display of the item is called an 'invitation to treat' and while I'd have to check my contract law texts I think unless they accept payment (ie agree to the deal) they don't have to sell it. However if he represented to you in between that he had accepted the deal that may be different.

Tricky situation hope you guys can resolve it.

I thinks its clear he listed the item and they sold. To me its plain clear the poster is right to be angry about the cards he won, paid for by all reports, told they would be sent and then again refused.

There are two sides to a story but sold is sold. IF Carter had the wrong price on the BIN's he can void the sale but by the looks of the price that is not the case. If you wan to test the market you put an obscene price on the BIN and put in best offer as well. You can then reject each offer and not sell unless you are happy.

hi there,

I have corrected the links for you. As for terms of payment, that has already been made to the seller via paypal from my confirmed paypal address.

IMO they should be sold to you. If he's testing the market for offers then the BIN should be set high enough that nobody hits the BIN or would even consider it. I do understand Carter's side of the story, because he had a Lebron that I needed/wanted and told me he decided not to sell it, but it was on eBay to "gauge offers". But it's not your fault if he is doing this with his cards but has not set the BINs high enough for you to decide to hit them.

Otherwise though, Carter is a very good trader/dealer and a fair guy. He might just have made a mistake here unfortunately, but I hope you 2 reach an amicable conclusion :)

There are two sides to a story but sold is sold. IF Carter had the wrong price on the BIN's he can void the sale but by the looks of the price that is not the case.

As I said above, a mistake in the price is not necessary.

I thinks its clear he listed the item and they sold. To me its plain clear the poster is right to be angry about the cards he won, paid for by all reports, told they would be sent and then again refused.

This however, is what would likely make it a binding deal.

The actual payment being sent is not because there has been no 'acceptance' of the deal by the seller. If you see my example above if you slap your money down on the counter the shop owner still doesn't have to sell to you.

:wave:

IMO they should be sold to you. If he's testing the market for offers then the BIN should be set high enough that nobody hits the BIN or would even consider it. I do understand Carter's side of the story, because he had a Lebron that I needed/wanted and told me he decided not to sell it, but it was on eBay to "gauge offers". But it's not your fault if he is doing this with his cards but has not set the BINs high enough for you to decide to hit them.

Otherwise though, Carter is a very good trader/dealer and a fair guy. He might just have made a mistake here unfortunately, but I hope you 2 reach an amicable conclusion :)

I know what you mean, but as a buyer I paid the price he had the items listed, when he told me he didnt want to sell I called him long distance and he then agreed verbally to sell to me, and now has gone back on his word again. I asked paypal about how I can resolve this aswell and they said to me; when bidding on something you are binding into a contract and are legally expected to pay, that is my part which I have done. Now Carter needs to come through on his part. Its not like I got those cards for cheap I paid around $100 over for each card compared to there regular selling prices.

I asked paypal about how I can resolve this aswell and they said to me; when bidding on something you are binding into a contract and are legally expected to pay, that is my part which I have done. Now Carter needs to come through on his part. Its not like I got those cards for cheap I paid around $100 over for each card compared to there regular selling prices.

Don't confuse paypal's policy with legal obligations, they're rarely the same :lol:

If you have an item for sale, and someone pays you what the asking price is and tells you he will accept your money, and then go back on his word is just bad business forget everything else. That is the point im trying to make my friend.

If you have an item for sale, and someone pays you what the asking price is and tells you he will accept your money, and then go back on his word is just bad business forget everything else. That is the point im trying to make my friend.

I agree mate, I am just providing some background to who's obliged to do what in this situation. If it was a private seller they have no rep but a shop might be advised to sell to avoid the bad image issue.

This however, is what would likely make it a binding deal.

The actual payment being sent is not because there has been no 'acceptance' of the deal by the seller. If you see my example above if you slap your money down on the counter the shop owner still doesn't have to sell to you.

:wave:

If the alleged acceptance of payment was made in a phone call, it's pretty much heresay, I doubt there is a log of the call and therefore is no proof of any form of acceptance of the payment.

We do not have both sides of the story, there is little point debating this until carter responds.

If the alleged acceptance of payment was made in a phone call, it's pretty much heresay, I doubt there is a log of the call and therefore is no proof of any form of acceptance of the payment.

We do not have both sides of the story, there is little point debating this until carter responds.

Payment was made via paypal, and accepted. I made payment a few days after doing the "buy it now" on ebay. I heard no response from Carter that he did not want to sell the item after I made payment. Then after our phone call he said he would accept the payment, and now 5 days later he changed his mind. Its just not good business practice to a customer.

He has spoken to me about this card and he told me it was sold with the BIN on ebay. He was actually happy about the sale, but I don't know what happened, I'm sure you'll be able to resolve this with Carter.

He has spoken to me about this card and he told me it was sold with the BIN on ebay. He was actually happy about the sale, but I don't know what happened, I'm sure you'll be able to resolve this with Carter.

I hope so, again guys i'm here to make friends. I am hoping we all like a "family" can help resolve this our issue. This hobby is much more enjoyable when its fun and done with a passion.

Hi guys, I am new to the boards here...My Name is Brian and my Ebay user id is "barindera"

I have a question for the members on this site. I recently purchased two items on ebay from Dream Cards Shop owner "Carterqw" the items are:
07/08 Exquisite Inscription auto Kobe Bryant 22/25 Item number: 220350501528

and
07/08 Exquisite Inscription auto Lebron James 1/25 Item number: 220350501842

After paying for these items, Carter emailed me and said he not going to sell me these cards. I used a buy it now to purchase both items, as my best offers where not replied to. Carter told me he listed the items on ebay to see what kind of offers he was going to get for the two cards, but did not want to sell them. I then proceded to call Carter and he then said ok he will go ahead and sell me the cards. Today he has refunded me the payment and again says he is not selling the cards. I could not believe a seller who owns a card shop would do something like this. So my question to you guys is....how do you think I should go about trying to resolve this with Carter? I think this is completly unfair, and not something an honest card trader should do!
:)

Can you perhaps copy and paste a screen shot of the email by Carter.Then we can have solid proof he made a blunder.

After paying for these items, Carter emailed me and said he not going to sell me these cards. I used a buy it now to purchase both items, as my best offers where not replied to.Carter told me he listed the items on ebay to see what kind of offers he was going to get for the two cards, but did not want to sell them. I then proceded to call Carter and he then said ok he will go ahead and sell me the cards.
:)

I have nothing against Carter.But that's what he told me awhile back too when i offered a price for one of his Jordan auto's.

Obviously he wanted to see what kinda offer he is gonna get the "BIN" price that he set was reasonably higher than what he was expecting and someone bought the card for that price without a best offer, again he was happy with that sale I remember.

Actually posting emails and pm's is against site rules and this is better dealt with by the two parties involved and hopefully on good terms on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom