Exchange Rate

sskillswitch

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
pennywisdom66
How on Earth could our dollar dropped so low?!?! I just did an Live break with DACW and it added like $70 to my payment. So basically, for a while, or unless i sell some cards to make some paypal, i will have to be very wary with the hobby.

Was just wondering how many of my fellow countrymen (and women), will be affected by out POOR $$$, and what affect it will have on your love of the hobby...

Regards

Matt

Yes, the currency rate is certainly having an affect on me!
I hate that paypal and my bank wants a piece of the pie every time I do an exchange too!

Only good thing I have noticed, is Card sales in Australia have jumped a fair bit...

And here I thought it had tanked, it's still fetching $0.90USD! :D

Was only a few years ago when $0.80USD was a good day, and it'd get as low as $0.65USD

The current rate of decline is tracking similarly to when it jumped from $0.80-$1.00USD

You just have to budget better and know how to work out the extra money for the exchange rate. It's roughly 15% by paypal rates. If the dollar stays at this level, I'm going to be doing the smart thing and wait until the new season stuff comes out then start buying up stuff from this last season - when it's cheaper.

Not enough people in the USA spending outside their means. Come on, get back on the 'American Dream' bandwagon and crash that dollar :p

And here I thought it had tanked, it's still fetching $0.90USD! :D

Was only a few years ago when $0.80USD was a good day, and it'd get as low as $0.65USD

The current rate of decline is tracking similarly to when it jumped from $0.80-$1.00USD

Went as low as $0.55

Its a good time to sell on eBay;)

How do you go with item not received claims when shipping overseas... I would love to move some low-mid stuff at ebay prices but am worried that I'll just be flooded with scammers saying they didnt receive it as sending with tracking is too expensive for sub $50 cards. Or I just send it to COMC but that is a costly exercise as well

Appreciate any feedback

How on Earth could our dollar dropped so low?!?!

I thought it was because Panini made crap products and things will be better when Upper Deck and Topps get the NBA licence back. Oh silly me that post was meant for BlowJob cards forum.

By the way Matt, what did you bust, anything good come from it?

How do you go with item not received claims when shipping overseas... I would love to move some low-mid stuff at ebay prices but am worried that I'll just be flooded with scammers saying they didnt receive it as sending with tracking is too expensive for sub $50 cards. Or I just send it to COMC but that is a costly exercise as well

Appreciate any feedback
I just sold 4 items the other week, 1 under $10, 1 for $50 and 2 between $130 and $200 and had no problems. All sent overseas and and sent registered postage. All arrived fine.

Checking out a Pippen/Phil Jackson dual National Treasures auto on ebay and one sold for $1199 with best offer accepted. How did I check what the actual sold price was? Thinking of listing mine now our $$ has dropped.

Checking out a Pippen/Phil Jackson dual National Treasures auto on ebay and one sold for $1199 with best offer accepted. How did I check what the actual sold price was? Thinking of listing mine now our $$ has dropped.
That is a awesome card Brett!!! would take it in my pc anytime :whistle:

Also don't forget my Wolves cards ;)

Click on "see original listing"

then on the right hand side click "print".

It sold for $850.

Sell, sell, sell!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom