Does anyone else alternate in their hobby's?

I dont have that many other hobby's other than card collecting. It's sort of difficult to manage card collecting in the cricket season though as I have training tuesday, Game Thursday , training Thursday and games all day saturday. On top of school all day it's hard to get the time to go to the post office. And i'm trying to work on bball game by working on my posting up and PG skills as I was told at school i would play PG or PF.

I dont think i've ever taken a serious break from collecting since I started.

Yeah I didn't think you were as active lately on here Nick. Personally I havn't taken a break from collecting Daniels cards since I started which was back in December 2008, although I have thought about it at various points and even thought of selling it all off when I was flirting with an overseas trip to the states but thought I'd regret it if I did, so that was only a momentary thing. I was thinking of taking a break and saving up for a few things, including my tatt I'm gettin December 1st, but then I decided to start collecting Dominique Jones and these are the times to get in when rare stuff is getting pulled early on! So looks like I'm still sucked in for awhile yet and loving collecting another player...I feel fresh again!

I pretty much alternate from collecting one thing to another. Basketball cards are cheap enough to collect anytime so that seems to be an ongoing thing. lately it's been collecting star wars stuff from sideshow collectibles that is giving me grief (it all started with the replica jacket Jackman wore in wolverine).:p. 1:18th v8's are also an ongoing thing.

dscf33991.jpg

dscf33981.jpg

dscf33971.jpg

I was buying heaps a couple of months in the past but now want a break and am only checking ebay 1 time a day, except for like 10 times hahaha

I am really busy with work and hanging wit mates right now.

I woke up about 5 weeks ago and thought, "Why do I collect basketball cards??" and I think the in the past 5 weeks I would have checked ebay maybe a total of 6 times. Ive had the big "selling up" sale before, but always had that thought of, Ill go back to it one day.

However, this time, I really dont think I will. I think part of what has nailed the coffin shut for me is Roys knees, not that I was collecting for "investment" purposes, but knowing that I spent $600 on cards that have just sold for the $150 mark, really doesnt enthuse me to outlay money on more.

So Ill go back to my other hobby, playing with myse.......................................................footy!! Yeh yeh, footy, yeh thats it. My other hobby is footy.....

I hear you mate, i've maybe checked ebay for Augustin's once a week at most. I missed a couple of 1/1's too which i was a little disappointed in but i'll get over it. There's a stack of cards of his that have come out the past couple of months that i havn't even cared for (mainly cheap GU and auto's). If i come across any of his RC year big guns im missing i'll have a crack at them though just not actively searching every where for them now like i was before.

Yeah I'm feeling the same boys, not enjoying it as much as I used to but still am slowly collecting. Even harder when there no new Daniels cards coming out and the ones that pop up on the bay are one's I already have...feeling abit flat in the hobby at the moment!

I alternate hobbies all the time,
I first started out with computer games, constantly upgrading my pc and buying all the new games.
Then i got into collecting Music (albums, dvds, special editions stuff) and TV shows, as well as playin video games on the 360.
I ended up putting a bit of a hold on music, TV and games and I really got into scale models, and would spend a good chunk of my pay every week on buying new kits (currently got 3 finished, 4 in progress and around 100 kits not started sitting in my cupboards at home).
I also like to collect Single Malt Scotch...but my collection keeps dwindling away as I drink them...

All of the above I still do occassionaly, but have more or less been put to the side for the time being

My current hobbies which I seem to be alternating back and forth between are Collecting Comic Statues and Collecting Basketball/non-sport trading cards, and it doesn't help that they are both pretty expensive hobbies...

great thread! bout time you posted up here you slack b@stard, you spend too much time working on your toyota! :p

seriously though sounds like we've all hit a wall, i was telling hairy the other week that i have lost all drive to get every pippen that hits the bay and for anyone who knows me they know thats pretty big seeing as im pretty much the one who used to dictate prices and bully everyone to get them...i havent gone after ANY of the new limited....ive checked pippen on ebay maybe 3 times a week max, ive totally lost interest, 2k11 and being layed up from the gym could have something to do with it seeing as thats what i do when i get home now and not pippen's......in saying that, i may have lost the desire to go after pippens but the fire and anger and hatred still burns bright in not wanting to sell them to that deadsh!t durian :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom