Does anyone else alternate in their hobby's?

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
I've come to a point where im starting to play with my car again after a couple of years break but have noticed my card buying habits have completely stopped. I have checked ebay a few times (Maybe once a week compared to a couple of times a day) for cards but other then that i've had no interest in collecting cards atm. After thinking about it i noticed i do this alot i always focus only on the one hobby im real interested in at the time so i was wondering if its just me or does anyone else alternate between there hobby's letting the others fall by the wayside?

For me its probably the fact that both my hobbies cost me alot of money so can't really afford to do both at the same time.

Cards were my first hobby, after that came gaming ( a lot less of an outlay required once ya set with ya console or gaming machine) I found when I was really heavy into Call of Duty 4 I didn't have time for cards, and same this year when I was heavy into 2k10, but back into cards atm (and thus have less time for 2k11). So yeah I do see some correlation between focus... I think it simply is all down to focus... we as humans can only truly focus on so much at a time.

I'm doing a lot with my card hobby at the moment in regards to organisation and there are many facets - getting them logged into beckett, getting the base in folders and sleeves in beckett order, scanning cards for a massive wolves poster thing I am doing and also scanning complete base sets for the record keeping, plus the usual scanning of new mail I get.

When it gets tedious I switch to another aspect, or take a break like today - playing some 2k11.

I alternate between photoshop, cards and trick shots :)

I usually lose interest in photoshop for a little while but then gain interest again in the movie making and making the trick shots business while going on and off with looking for PC cards and Royalty GU /499.

But then I gain interest in photoshop again which means making sigs which can sometimes be time consuming on that means less trick shots and looking on eBay, ozcards etc.

So I try to keep an even balance but ATM royalty GU /499 and trick shots are number 1 priority... in fact I might go out and try to make some shots now :p

Yeah i hear you Nick I have culled the habit to minimal pickups , i actually have used my money on two occasions this year due to not wanting to dump more cash into the hobby.
I have been slowing dumping my cards and will start dumping other cards in my PC over next few months, to be honest just sick of the hobby in general the lustre has worn off .

To many other hobbies but hanging to get on the water with my Boat and enjoy the laughs , sea breeze air and few brews and splifs and maybe some nice big snapper .

Selling off all my cards, lost interest and will stay on here and chat & sell supplies, got into dirt jumping on bikes and need the cash to do up my bike. Got my bball, tennis & cricket that are prioritys aswell

For me the hobbie comes and goes, all i ever wanted was to collect every single Rugby League card :) i have a pretty good collction dating back from the 60's, i slowed down my commitment to the hobbie in the mid 2000's for various reasons, then i found this site about a year ago and started collecting NON sport cards and some Basketball, my NON sport colletion has taken priority over my Rugby League cards at the moment and until im satisfied with where I am at with it, i can't resume the Rugby League Card collecting back to full time until then...

Yeah i hear you Nick I have culled the habit to minimal pickups , i actually have used my money on two occasions this year due to not wanting to dump more cash into the hobby.
I have been slowing dumping my cards and will start dumping other cards in my PC over next few months, to be honest just sick of the hobby in general the lustre has worn off .

To many other hobbies but hanging to get on the water with my Boat and enjoy the laughs , sea breeze air and few brews and splifs and maybe some nice big snapper .

That sounds like the perfect day out to me.

As for changing direction in collecting or hobbies ! I would have to say that collecting cards has always been something I really enjoyed doing in my spare time but spare time is becoming more difficult to find :( I am leaning toward picking up items to put up on display at home and building my perfect man cave

I have started to write alot of articles, seeing I want to become a NBA sports writer when I grow up :) I still collect cards tho.

P.S-If anyone knows what websites that I could publish my articles on, LMK.

I have started to write alot of articles, seeing I want to become a NBA sports writer when I grow up :) I still collect cards tho.

P.S-If anyone knows what websites that I could publish my articles on, LMK.

Make a blog like liam said, if it gets popularity, let perople advertise on your blog and they pay you some $$ good way to do what you love & earn cash

I feel ya Nick, Ive been a bit slow on cards too lately, other than cards I have my shoe collection I still enjoy and about 1 month ago I hooked my PS3 up to the net and thats taken over my life man, COD is the bomb and Im addicted, I think we all go through phases but, its a male thing man.

Back
Top Bottom