2014 Select Series 2

Why dont they stick with the first pick of every club gets a DPS? or is that too hard....

Select don't work the way normal people do. They would rather get a good idea and blend it with crap before serving it up to buyers with a sh*t eating grin.

It's a big up yours to the community.

Hawks collectors ............snubbed.
Eagle collectors...............snubbed
GC collectors..................snubbed

4 insert sets that do nothing for the imagination and will hold no value past the first week , brownlow sig cards of old players numbered to 200, once the die hards get them they will plummet in value as well. Great variety of players from teams with huge collector bases.... oh wait.....

Master set numbered to 300 and only 16 different players. Who gives a s***?????.

but wait there's more....as in cost

Just crap.

Forgot to mention the masters Checklist;

1. Skilton
  2. Skilton
  3. Skilton
  4. Stewart
  5. Stewart
  6. Stewart
  7. Hutchison
  8. Hutchison
  9. Wright
  10. Wright
  11. Moore
  12. Moore
  13. Goodes
  14. Goodes
  15. Judd
  16. Judd

Forgot to mention the masters Checklist;

1. Skilton
  2. Skilton
  3. Skilton
  4. Stewart
  5. Stewart
  6. Stewart
  7. Hutchison
  8. Hutchison
  9. Wright
  10. Wright
  11. Moore
  12. Moore
  13. Goodes
  14. Goodes
  15. Judd
  16. Judd

Really?

LOL.

Epic_Fail_by_thepaintrain.jpg

Regardless of what Select does - even if they insert free gold bars in each pack - there would be criticism. Honest to God, we are breaking new ground on the forum even by our OWN standards today. I happen to like the concept of Brownlow signatures and think that the variety of players is good.

Ecactly WHAT does everyone want? Variety? No variety? Same as last year? Different to last year? How in the hell can Select possibly win?

Regardless of what Select does - even if they insert free gold bars in each pack - there would be criticism. Honest to God, we are breaking new ground on the forum even by our OWN standards today. I happen to like the concept of Brownlow signatures and think that the variety of players is good.

Ecactly WHAT does everyone want? Variety? No variety? Same as last year? Different to last year? How in the hell can Select possibly win?

How about some limited edition cards?

What part of this release gives us that???

Something worth actually collecting for starters.

Like Hawks fans collecting Hawks cards and Eagles fan collecting Eagles cards. See where I am going with this practice, it's not quite hard, right?

Turn it up, it's crap.

They are missing draft pick sigs from three teams so far, pretty big oversight.

They are putting the price up and offering less.

A 16 card subset numbered to 300 of 7 different players compared to last years numbered to 145 with over 50 players

Brownlow sigs of past players numbered to 200. How many sigs does Skilton have on the market already? I'm pretty sure Stewart has signed more than once as well.

Kelly has signed already too, a brownlow sig card if memory serves me correct.

It's nothing but horse shit.

As an NRL fan, I thank my lucky stars that ESP has the licence.

Select who has the licence (and will have it for a while) simply do not care about collectors. As long as they make their profit margins they are happy.

Look what happened when Dave from Footy Cards put out something that collectors wanted, Select shut him down and started releasing a draft picks set.

There are so many things they could do in the way of releases but they really don't care.

This release makes the NRL series 2 release look even more amazing!

As an NRL fan, I thank my lucky stars that ESP has the licence.

Select who has the licence (and will have it for a while) simply do not care about collectors. As long as they make their profit margins they are happy.

Look what happened when Dave from Footy Cards put out something that collectors wanted, Select shut him down and started releasing a draft picks set.

There are so many things they could do in the way of releases but they really don't care.

This release makes the NRL series 2 release look even more amazing!

You know what Matt, i don't really like NRL. Bandwagon Storm supporter if they make finals but couldn't name more than 4 players on the team.

Yet.... i was tempted to buy traders this year due to nothing on offer in the afl circles and the fact the sigs were aplenty in NRL product.

I even drooled over the King's sig and was tempted to hunt one down.

Design was classy and beautiful and offered something for both young and old.

I am envious of the attention to fans that your sport is giving you guys.

Frankly i'm down right depressed at what we have been offered. :cry:

I do understand your frustration @ShueyGaffDarlingNat mate, however unlike the one-off Tri-Star cash-grab card, at least there is a theme with this release. The reason I like the idea of having past (eg from other decades) medallists signatures is that they have almost been forgotten signature-wise. Hopefully this will be an ongoing theme from now on, perhaps with Coleman medallists or Norm Smith Medallists.

I do understand your frustration @ShueyGaffDarlingNat mate, however unlike the one-off Tri-Star cash-grab card, at least there is a theme with this release. The reason I like the idea of having past (eg from other decades) medallists signatures is that they have almost been forgotten signature-wise. Hopefully this will be an ongoing theme from now on, perhaps with Coleman medallists or Norm Smith Medallists.

do you work for select?? lol only way anyone could be excited by this release!

I do understand your frustration mate, however unlike the one-off Tri-Star cash-grab card, at least there is a theme with this release. The reason I like the idea of having past (eg from other decades) medallists signatures is that they have almost been forgotten signature-wise. Hopefully this will be an ongoing theme from now on, perhaps with Coleman medallists or Norm Smith Medallists.

I respect your opinion Matty, you are well liked around here so please don't think i meant any disrespect to you personally.

I understand that there will be some that like the concept but for me personally there is nothing of value or excitement that will make me open any packs/boxes.

I am a collector, but at heart i am a kid too.

Sadly this big kid won't be opening any packs this year because his hobby has neglected him to the point of not even giving him a sig of their first round pick.:cry:

Pretty crappy really.

I respect your opinion Matty, you are well liked around here so please don't think i meant any disrespect to you personally.

I understand that there will be some that like the concept but for me personally there is nothing of value or excitement that will make me open any packs/boxes.

I am a collector, but at heart i am a kid too.

Sadly this big kid won't be opening any packs this year because his hobby has neglected him to the point of not even giving him a sig of their first round pick.:cry:

Pretty crappy really.

I think I have said this before - I am luckier than a lot of you guys in that I am not a set collector (haven't been for many years) so I just tend to hunt certain single cards or redemptions of players that I like...that's why the Blight and Skilton signatures appeal to me.

I guess we all look for different things from a release and as money is tight at the moment I will find it easier to buy the handful that I would like - rather than bust boxes, which in my case would be pointless and wasteful.

The AFL collecting community seems to be moving towards match-worn/club issued items (which is my preference to cards these days).

Back
Top Bottom