2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

"These England batsmen, sir........they don't like it up 'em!"
image.jpg

I think it might be a case of "win the match, win the series" if Australia can bowl England out tomorrow or Monday.

They look a very confident, united, happy bunch of blokes at the moment and it is good to see a bit of pride and professionalism back in the performance.

I can't see too many featherbed pitches being prepared over the next few weeks, bounce and pace in the pitch will suit Australia's batsmen and bowlers all day long.

It's been a bloody exciting Test match so far - not counting chickens yet though, it might be a hard grind tomorrow.

Where are all the critics now?not much to say now!!!
Silence the barmy army,grind them into the ground

To be fair the bowlers saved us once again after our wicketkeeper and a bowler saved our first innings batting total from being a total embarrassment. Then our batsmen were able to make some goods runs with less pressure on them in the second innings. Credit where credit is due, they have played very well for the most part. Warner looked good in the first innings and showed in the second innings that he is obviously in good form, Haddin had a good game with the bat and Clarke made another good score. But it was fair enough for most people to criticise the batsmen after so many poor performances in the past and their first innings performance in this match.

Where are all the critics now?not much to say now!!!
Silence the barmy army,grind them into the ground

I'm still here just busy with work.

I just don't like the way cricket Australia has taken aus cricket in the last few years. They need to start investing money into the sport to get us back to the top. Plus selectors have been all over the show in the last few series. And watson is still there? what for the guy who keeps wasting all the umpire reviews and is in really shit form. People were quick to get rid of old players but just cause they younger doesn't mean they should be immune from bad form.

Not denying they played well this game but if the English team knew how to finish an innings things would be grim right now.

I have been at every day so far and the Poms look a little lethargic to me. The pitch isn't doing alot, yesterday was a really good day for batting. I think Lyon can play a huge part as the rough is really starting to become evident and the Poms will be reluctant to attack him.

I must say I rate Ryn Harris so highly, just bowls a great consistent line and length at a great pace. His bouncer is quick and well directed and to bounce out the tallest bloke on the field was impressive. I don't think England's quicks have bowled over 140km yet but Johnson and Harris are consistently mid to high 140's and that was the difference in the first innings.

I thank the Poms for giving Johnson confidence again because his first spell was ordinary!! It is only one test though and we have 4 more to go. We should get the win and it will be a great confidence booster for us. I still have huge concerns about our middle order and if Pattinson is fit and Johnson bowling well I think Siddle might have to make way even though he leant deserve to be dropped!!

I can relate back to the 80's with the retirement of Lillee,Chappell and marsh and the rebel tour to Sth Africa we were done over really bad before the1989 " the worst ever team to tour England" under Allan border won the ashes back, we were spoilt with riches before the retirements of a lot of players( you know the names)we have to get to get some spirit back in the team,let the players go and play cricket and not qhave to worry about there spot in team, we should get behind them not bag them we were spoilt with riches for twenty years we are on our way up

Man, I started reading this thread from Thursdays messages and I'm shocked how quick people gave up.

I've been to the 1st in Brisbane for about 10 years now and the 1st day is usually tough against good competition. Add to that the nerves of day 1 of an Ashes series and I have no doubts there were some butterflies in stomachs.

Don't forget, Haddin is a quality batsmen AND was our VC so I was expecting him to get some runs after the poor start.

We certainly don't want 6 for not many again, the batsmen look to have some confidence now. The whole Broad thing would have gotten to them as well, the crowd wanted blood and the batsmen just didn't want to get out to him.

I went the first 3 days and Friday after lunch was something special, I've never seen the Gabbatoir like it.

We have a lot of momentum now, it's a shame that the WACA test is not next, that would keep them under the pump. Adelaide should see some big scores in the first innings as per usual.

What an Ashes this will be.

Retribution, coming our way. Go the Aussies.

Yeah, I really feel for the poor bugger. A stress-related illness is not something to make fun of, which sadly is what a number of gutless cowards are doing on the Cricket Australia Facebook page.

I agree, especially when everybody is more than happy to grow a Mo for Movember without actually looking in to what it's all about.

I agree, especially when everybody is more than happy to grow a Mo for Movember without actually looking in to what it's all about.

Also agree with the above statement very strongly. It is a disgrace and an embarrassment to taunt someone in this situation. Trott is a brilliant cricketer and u wish him a speedy recovery.

Despite being a very proud and passionate Aussie supporter our fans are often so moronic with their sledges and go to the cricket to get sloshed and create trouble. It is really disappointing!!

Thoughts on test 2? Should Harris be in?

I think we need to keep hitting them hard and to be honest, I think we'll beat them again here.

I know it can be a road but England's lineup will be extremely weak without Trott. So much more pressure on Cook and KP now.

Should be another aggressive encounter too.

Where are all the knockers now, seem to have gone quiet!!!
Aussies going great guns,grind them into the ground
We are playing some good cricket and as a TEAM

Back
Top Bottom