2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

Brad Haddin AGAIN to the rescue - he is now only the second wicketkeeper in Test history to make five half-centuries in a series. What a great comeback to Test cricket it has been for him.

I enjoyed watching Scott Borthwick bowl - there is something there to work on, at least he had the batsmen playing shots.

Well what a end to the series 5-0,I for one never seen that coming,it is a moment to remember
This team coped a lot from the media and the public,but they stuck to their guns and really showed everyone how the game of cricket should be played,tough but fair
Maybe we can send them home without a win in any form of cricket
I say well done to the players and ENJOY

The real test will be in February when Australia v South Africa. I believe it will be a three test match series.

I'm really happy to see Mitch play such a important role in securing the Ashes, well done!

No need to read the newspapers and/or Malcolm Conn's grovelling over the next day or two :) Some of us said on day ONE of the series not to chuck in the towel and I am thrilled for those of you who have been behind the team from the start.

As for England.....well, who knows where they go from here? They tour the West Indies and then host Sri Lanka and India, might be the perfect time continue to blood young players.

Stokes has a Botham-esque look about him, Cook is better than what he has shown and if Rankin pitched the ball up a metre or two further he could have been a really difficult prospect to face. They need to make a decision regarding the spin bowling spot, Borthwick landed them pretty well in the second innings and it would be unfair to ditch him after one Test. I expect Matt Prior to slot straight back in as well.

As much as I have enjoyed Australia's performance, this was an abysmally led England team ripe for the picking.

Last edited:
congrats Australia. beefy was right 5-0. Outplayed England in all facets. Hopefully the ODI'S AND T20'S are more competetive

image.jpg

Honestly Clarkey, it was nothing mate. Happy to help :)

http://signup.digigraph.me/theurnreturns/

I love these concepts!

First time in YEARS I have sat on the edge of my seat and actually cared about an ODI, and I'm from the WSC tri-series era when it was like BBL - colourful, full of personalities and action aplenty.

Bravo James Faulkner. Pity to Alistair Cook. The wheels have well and truly fallen off. The poor chap looks on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Chris, I agree completely re: Alastair Cook. On other forums/websites people are revelling in his unfortunate tour with the bat and as captain although as much as I have enjoyed Australia's success, the game needs decent role models like Alastair Cook in it.

I hope that the ECB make him a "Test Match only" cricketer and kick out the disruptive influences like Pietersen so that Cook can mould HIS OWN team.

Best ODI run chase since Bevan's last ball 4 vs West Indies. These Tassie boys can really play, well done James Falkner. I can see him replacing Watson as an all rounder in the test side very very soon. Probably would have got a run in the Ashes if not for that broken thumb he suffered in the nets. Good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom