2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

My one hope is that the selectors "stick and pick", not like in the last home Ashes series.

There has been an incredibly negative vibe surrounding the Australian team for a long time now - from the Indian Test tour, to Homework-gate, to Mickey Arthur's sacking, to David Warner's behaviour, to the Ashes loss in England, to the Ponting vs Clarke "feud" etc etc.

Even though Cricket Australia are ripping the heart out of the sport in this country due to uneccessary micro-management of almost every bloody aspect of it, as fans it is the team that matters........so GO AUSSIES!

I think that if the weather stays fine it could be a very close, high-scoring series. The worry is that all it could take is an overcast morning and a lunch-time score for 6 for 60 against England's bowlers, which could be the one thing that costs Australia the series. Time for the batsmen to make a stand - I'd be bloody delighted with a stumps score of 3-240 if it means we can grind the old enemy into the turf the next day!

Last edited:
Got to hand it to Stuart Broad, he's kept his mouth shut (more or less) in the build-up and has done a great job so far......I'd have thought that at least ONE of the 5000 backroom staff could have told the Australian players to do likewise.

As far as our performance is concerned, it is ridiculous the number of people that have ALREADY given up on us......a lot of people can't cope with hardship of any description with their sporting teams.

Last edited:
I have a lot more faith in our bowling than our batting, but we need to be at least somewhat competitive, it's just a joke. And Johnson could tear through them or he could go for 10 an over...

I think we are just being realistic about their chances. They are crap. Why would people be optimistic when they have lost so much over the past 5 year and are 5/100 after lunch?

in all fairness i dont think England a playing that great at its just that the aussies r throwing their wickets away. England are playing good solid cricket and fielding well. I think both team can improve alot over the series. Still dont see anyway the aussie can win the urn back. Consideering we r already looking down the barrel i'd like to see 1 of 2 things happen. Play boring old england cricket from a couple of years back and just dig in and not even worry about scoring and make them field for a long time or wait for Swan come back into the attack and go on a full out attack on him and make the pace bowlers work harder and longer to finish us off.

What do you mean already, we are looking down the barrel of losing 5 Ashes series in a row!

I thought it was 4.

Everyone always forgets that 5-0 drubbing we actually delivered England in 2006/07.

Anyway, WGAF? Between 1989-2005 we won 6 series in a row.

True - forgot we won 06-07 to break that up. Still - one win since 2005 is pretty bad.

Let hope we can turn this around!

The only reason Australia will win the Ashes now is if England play crap. i.e. letting the tail wag for an extra 100 runs so far lol.

That's not quite fair.

Clarke has scored 22% of Australia's total runs in the past 3 years.

The tail - 8-11 - has scored 54% of the total runs in the same period. If you include the keeper, 63%.

This test:

Australia 295.
8-11 = 81 runs (combined)
81/295 = 27.45
Haddin 94 runs
175/295 = 59.3%
Top Order 1- 6 = 87
107/295 = 36.3%
Extras 13/295 = 4.4%

Last edited:
LOL

Screen shot 2013-11-22 at 4.55.14 PM.png