2013/14 Ashes non Official thread !!

I reckon the next two days could decide the series. If England end up 150-200 in deficit on the first innings, they are in all sorts of trouble.

I'm not too excited about Perth just yet, it is here in Adelaide where Australia need to go hammer and tongs as history says that almost no team reverses a 0-2 deficit over 5 Tests. A win here, and it could end up a 3-0 or 4-0 series win to Australia, which was unthinkable at the start of the season!

You would go a long way to see a better fast bowling display and on a flat wicket
Watch out you poms in Perth,they will be running scared!!!

You would go a long way to see a better fast bowling display and on a flat wicket
Watch out you poms in Perth,they will be running scared!!!
I can't wait for Perth, will be going to all 5 days (if it lasts that long ;)) so hopefully Mitch can bowl like he's done today at the WACA! Will be perfect conditions for him!

Also loved Bumble Lloyd's new song:
"He bowls to the left
He bowls to the right
That Mitchell Johnson
His bowling's alright!"

:D

Mitchell Johnson's accuracy has been amazing - as good as his wicket-taking deliveries were, the throat ball to Graham Swann that was somehow fended off was just real nasty, dangerous stuff. You can see that No's 7-10 are rattled by his pace and hostility.

Monty Panesar faced more deliveries than Cook, Pietersen, Stokes, Prior, Broad, Swann and Anderson did, he certainly tries like hell and at times I was ducking with the poor bugger when he was being bombarded!

Well I attended today's play at the WACA, and it was a great day's play. Plenty of boundaries and wickets made for some exciting cricket. I feel the Aussies are only just slightly ahead, as they have a good batting tail and a centurion still at the crease. Hopefully Smith and Johnno can knock up some quick runs tomorrow, declare at 500/6, and then have Mitch roll through the English top-order! :)

What a century by smith a pleasure to watch only hope this could be the making of him as he is a very talented all round cricketer and I think suited to that #6 position,hope him and Mitch and co can get them chasing a bit more leather,450 to 500 runs would be nice

Pretty awesome display of hitting by Watson and Bailey at the death this morning. And the first up ball from Harris was incredible. Has made for a happy day of viewing for sure!

Now just can't wait for them to clean them up and reclaim that little urn!!!

RadiantIllIndigobunting.gif

Look at that crazy movement through the air after it pitched. How do you keep that out?!?!?!

Some of those cracks are bigger than my local night walker's. Look out poms. Don't fall in!

A lot of resistance in this test, but Australia smashed them for the most part. I was at the WACA yesterday and was hoping for a result, but wasn't to be.

Here's a lucky shot I took right before the ball left Johnsons hand to get Root out. A quarter second later I might've got Haddins catch, but ah well.

295597C7-108F-414D-9FCA-0DCB1223B2D6_zpsvecq73rv.jpg

As Bill Lawry excitedly yelled into the microphone seven years ago when Shane Warne bowled Monty Panesar during the corresponding Test: "THE URN RETURNS TO AUSTRALIA!" :)

I cannot believe how well the Australians have played since halfway through day 1 in Brisbane. The only Ashes-related items I have read in the newspapers are Ian Chappell's weekly columns as many of the gossip columnists masquerading as cricket journalists have been exposed for what they really are. We will witness a major suck-up job over the next three or so days!

Like him or loathe him (and I reckon he's a bloody ripper!) Swann retires with a pretty amazing record for a modern-day off spinner:

255 Test wickets at 29.96
104 ODI wickets at 27.76
51 T20I wickets at 16.84

He is second only to Derek Underwood as England's leading wicket-taking spinner. Good onya Swanny!

Back
Top Bottom