Rose vs Griffin

Who is the better future investment

• Blake Griffin

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Derrick Rose

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
Don't forget Larry's mate big Kev

you could also throw in danny ange he did great for celtics, portland and pheonix. I think he was under rated. He use to lift his teams when he come on off the bench.

granted I was being a bit over generalising but you get what I mean. Ask people who know a little about basketball and Larry Bird is probably the only good white guy they can name.

Ask about black players and you can get them to run down a big list.

That is why I think Blake (ill call him white cause of ranga mum), will probably have some genetic defects from her which will limit his career.

you could also throw in danny ange he did great for celtics, portland and pheonix. I think he was under rated. He use to lift his teams when he come on off the bench.

granted I was being a bit over generalising but you get what I mean. Ask people who know a little about basketball and Larry Bird is probably the only good white guy they can name.

Ask about black players and you can get them to run down a big list.

That is why I think Blake (ill call him white cause of ranga mum), will probably have some genetic defects from her which will limit his career.

HAHA .......I know what you mean, better way to put it might be there has been greats but not any really Dynamic White guys like your Jordans, Wilkins and Lebrons

Guys throwin in dunks from the free throw line

Anyone know how many rangas have rings?
I know Scalabrine has one also Bill Walton who else? Maybe you're looking at it the wrong way Dom, the ranga genetics could bring championships :D

this is pretty simple i think... griffin has had what 40 'good' games in his career while rose has had at least 3-4 times that plus rose has proven he is the mvp of the league by leading a team and being both an offensive and defensive player... maybe in a couple years this could be a debate but its not even close right now...

I would take Rose every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He has elevated to MVP favourtism this season from not even getting a vote last year ad he is only going to get better. We could be witnessing one of the best players of all time unfold. He's INSANE.

does anyone think griffin is over rated?

Yes.

Put simply, he's very good - but he's been hyped up as the new "white knight" or "hero" of the league if you will. The only way I can lay it down bluntly is this: if LeBron hadn't become a "villain" in the media's eyes, Blake Griffin wouldn't be getting the praise he has this season, because everyone would still be on LeBron's jock.

Yep, the only thing he can do right now is dunk. Hasn't got a real game at the moment

Come on now Luke, I thought you were at least decently knowledge able!??????

Yes his dunks are his highlights, but he's also a good rebounder and works well and hard in the post and has the makings of a decent mid range shot!

To state all he can do is dunk, is really silly and would hint towards the fact you only have ever seen his highlights...

Come on now Luke, I thought you were at least decently knowledge able!??????

Yes his dunks are his highlights, but he's also a good rebounder and works well and hard in the post and has the makings of a decent mid range shot!

To state all he can do is dunk, is really silly and would hint towards the fact you only have ever seen his highlights...

You compair his rebounding, post play and his mid range shot to some of the other elite PF in the game and it doesn't stake up.

Ok maybe I put that wrong, I should of said....Griffin right now is a great dunker but doesn't compair in other areas of his game vs the other elite PF's in the NBA today.

His inside game is solid, as is his rebounding, check his stats, when he's scoring he's also rebounding very well too..... Name another elite PF that had his entire first season wiped away via injury and has done as well as he has since coming back from said injury?

Yes he is over rated at the moment, but he will grow... remember this is his first season, no one has done what he has in a RC season since Shaq and TD.

Yes he is over rated at the moment, but he will grow... remember this is his first season, no one has done what he has in a RC season since Shaq and TD.

This. It seems with all the hype he is getting from his dunks is making people forget that this is his first season AND he just came off an injury

His inside game is solid, as is his rebounding, check his stats, when he's scoring he's also rebounding very well too..... Name another elite PF that had his entire first season wiped away via injury and has done as well as he has since coming back from said injury?

Name another PF that has had a full year to train and learn from NBA coaches/players before his first season.

From the top of my head another PF I could say is LaMarcus Aldridge, he rebounds and scores. And if you count Amare as a PF, you could put him in there as well.

Wow..... that was a bit of a read! :lol:

Yeah, MJ was unproven sometime through his primary school years......... Jordan was a proven talent from the time he stepped onto the court in a competitive game in High School.

That was one of the worst ever lines I have come across... sorry....

Didn't MJ get cut from his HS team at one stage? ;)

Thats my whole point......................If Jordan was The greatest player ever when he came in to NBA wouldn't he be number1 on every ones draft board regardless of the position the team needed to cover? If you went back and asked Portland if they could swap Jordan for Sam Bowie they wouldn't?

I don't think they knew he was going to be the "GOAT" ;) But yes, even if teams didn't know that today & he was clearly the best guy available they would take him regardless of position.

oh please how many great white guys played in the NBA?

All I really remember is Larry Bird (late 80s is what I remember from). Sure there were some good players around but none had a full on great leading career like Larry.

Blake will fade away.

JONES ON THE NBA: The Top 20 White American Players of the Last Twenty Years

Are we just talking white Americans? I'm guessing so as ummmmm.... Dirk Nowitzki ;)

Bosh is a good example, now with Wade and Lebron he just isnt getting the same numbers.

Neither did KG, Pierce or Allen when they all teamed up. Pretty easy to work out you can't keep getting the same numbers when you team up with two superstars. ;)

I see no images?

You compair his rebounding, post play and his mid range shot to some of the other elite PF in the game and it doesn't stake up.

Ok maybe I put that wrong, I should of said....Griffin right now is a great dunker but doesn't compair in other areas of his game vs the other elite PF's in the NBA today.

Of course you can't compare him.. it's his RC year lol.... if you wanna compare him like, do it in a few years ;)

With all that said... Rose all day.

I see no images?

fixed.. now u can laugh..! lol

Blake_Griffin_with_his_father_Tommy_Griffin_and_mother_Gail_Griffin.jpg

blake-griffin1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom