Any value to be had in 2023 packs?

Stinger

OzCardTrader
Real Name
BP
I know this is very newbie question but I'm getting into AFL card collecting and I was wondering if there's any value in ripping some 2023 packs that might be out there. I plan on getting into the 2024 season for Blues stuff but there a few 2023 packs still around.

Any thoughts or advice on how to kick off a collection, from you more experienced folk?

leave 'footy stars' & 'gem' for the birds
23' legacy is the one - some fantastic inserts to chase
**opening packs/box is always a gamble,that can be a expensive hit or miss affair.
best bet is to target singles on the open market, plenty of bargains around at the moment

leave 'footy stars' & 'gem' for the birds
23' legacy is the one - some fantastic inserts to chase
**opening packs/box is always a gamble,that can be a expensive hit or miss affair.
best bet is to target singles on the open market, plenty of bargains around at the moment

Thanks cotchin#9, appreciate the feedback. Totally get the pack opening odds, it's a gamble, pure and simple. I can see myself shopping for singles but ripping packs is fun and I want to do a little of that.

I think I may have missed the boat on Legacy 23, isTeamCoach worth a look at?

Thanks cotchin#9, appreciate the feedback. Totally get the pack opening odds, it's a gamble, pure and simple. I can see myself shopping for singles but ripping packs is fun and I want to do a little of that.

some might say 'yes'
for me = hell no, pure rubbish
but each to there own!

Leave Teamcoach for the kids.

Thanks folks, I think I'll take your advice and just get stuck into the new 2024 season, when it drops.

Thanks folks, I think I'll take your advice and just get stuck into the new 2024 season, when it drops.

This is the best thing you can do in my opinion. When I first got back into it in 2018 I made the mistake of chasing packs and boxes of older stuff (which was much more readily available in those days - 2016 and 2017 Certified for example), but for the most part I'd missed the boat.

This is the best thing you can do in my opinion. When I first got back into it in 2018 I made the mistake of chasing packs and boxes of older stuff (which was much more readily available in those days - 2016 and 2017 Certified for example), but for the most part I'd missed the boat.
I've been so tempted to do this but I am resisting. Actually, that's not quite true, I just can't find any AFL cards packs around where I live 😬

Back
Top Bottom